As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Any way to resume a thread where I last was?

CorakCorak Registered User regular
So I have many threads that I subscribe to, but when I go to check them, it shows me which have been updated, yes, but I have no idea the last page I read, or the last page that I posted on. Is there any way to go to my own last post in each thread so I can read on from there?

I live!
Corak on

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Click that little yellow sticky note next to the yellow ball.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yellow note takes you to the oldest unread post.

If you want to find your own last post in the thread (which is not necessarily the same thing) I think the only real option is searching for your own username and the thread title.

japan on
  • CorakCorak Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I feel foolish. This is exactly the function I desired. I can't believe I didn't notice it.

In fact... I don't believe it. I WOULD have noticed it. You must have read my comment, and then added the feature... by going BACK IN TIME! D:
    :winky:

Corak on
    I live!
  • NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    japan wrote: »

If you want to find your own last post in the thread (which is not necessarily the same thing) I think the only real option is searching for your own username and the thread title.

Actually, if you really need to find your last post, or any of your posts in thread, for that matter, you can click the number of replies, and then click the number next to your name on the list.

This will show all of your posts in the thread, and you can click the "Re:" link to go directly to each.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nickle wrote: »
    japan wrote: »

Actually, if you really need to find your last post, or any of your posts in thread, for that matter, you can click the number of replies, and then click the number next to your name on the list.

This will show all of your posts in the thread, and you can click the "Re:" link to go directly to each.

I had no idea this functionality existed.

I learned something today.

japan on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's basically a shortcut for searching a thread for all posts by you (or any other person). Handy in Phallas. ;)

LaOs on
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/4633

that is a greasemonkey script that will jump to the oldest unread post in a thread. so, you can pick up where from you left just by clicking the thread title.

greasemonkey is a firefox addon.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    firstnew.gif

This is a button that will also take you to the oldest unread post in a thread.

It requires no install or specific browser.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I could swear that was a different function. But, it is not.

Maaaaan.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1