As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]eism

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Noooo, somebody posted in the Poldy thread. And it was so close to death.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    My friend sent me the chatlog they had. And I think it's over.

Did you speak directly with her yet?

Not yet but in the chatlog the gf is saying how she hasn't told me about breaking up, or how she feels so bad for me and doesn't want to hurt me.

But this was 5 days ago sooo unless she changed in 5 days. Its probably over.

Edit: I just go to the part where she says she made a promise to the other guy and is going to break up with me. :(

5 days is a long time, Sabs. A lot can change in 5 days. It does sound like she at least cares somewhat about you, so I think it's worth talking to her.

I'm really sorry you have to go through this :(

After reading more of the chatlog, she talks about stuff that happened on monday, and tuesday she was acting all moody and distant with me but said it was nothing. And to think last night she was acting like it was all right, and wanted to do it. I feel used if she is going to break up with me.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Conversations like this make me feel like I'm from Mars.

It's ok, Feral. The Martians have a better system.
    One person per planet?

Bama on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »

You still need to talk to her, dude.

That probably depends on exactly how the chatlog goes. If she was like "teehee I cheated on sabs but don't tell him k?" then she's probably not mature enough to have a real relationship with. If she was like "oh god this just happened and I don't know what to do" then it's probably worth talking to her at least to get to understand her situation from her point of view.

Even in the former case, I think talking to her at least provides more closure than just a quick ditching, even if she's not mature enough to handle it.

She finishes class at 6 and even though I have a class at 6 Im just going to hand my assignment in and go talk to her. This week was kinda funky >.<, i feeeeel stupid
    Don't feel stupid, man. If things really are what they sound like, it's not your fault, and you shouldn't feel stupid about it.

Senjutsu on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

How are the canals this time of year?

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's kind of like having visited another country/state. You may have "been there," but you got a small sample of a huge place so no, you don't know "what germany's like", to take an example, except on a superficial level.

MikeMan on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This week was kinda funky >.<, i feeeeel stupid

You shouldn't feel stupid, these things just happen.

Best of luck getting things sorted out, man.

James on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

You still need to talk to her, dude.

That probably depends on exactly how the chatlog goes. If she was like "teehee I cheated on sabs but don't tell him k?" then she's probably not mature enough to have a real relationship with. If she was like "oh god this just happened and I don't know what to do" then it's probably worth talking to her at least to get to understand her situation from her point of view.

Even in the former case, I think talking to her at least provides more closure than just a quick ditching, even if she's not mature enough to handle it.

She finishes class at 6 and even though I have a class at 6 Im just going to hand my assignment in and go talk to her. This week was kinda funky >.<, i feeeeel stupid

I think this is the best way to go and hopefully it turns out to be some large misunderstanding or something to work through. If not, *hugs*

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited October 2008
    James wrote: »

I will feel stupid since just last night we were doing things and it looked like things were okay again, just to break up today.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2008

Hey, I'm the autistic guy around here!

Echo on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    It's kind of like having visited another country/state. You may have "been there," but you got a small sample of a huge place so no, you don't know "what germany's like", to take an example, except on a superficial level.

Please. I beg to differ!

Haphazard on
    edited October 2008
    If she does want to work things out its not unreasonable for me to ask her to not talk or hang out with the guy who she "did things with" right? Like they do have a few classes together but still.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Did you speak directly with her yet?

Not yet but in the chatlog the gf is saying how she hasn't told me about breaking up, or how she feels so bad for me and doesn't want to hurt me.

But this was 5 days ago sooo unless she changed in 5 days. Its probably over.

Edit: I just go to the part where she says she made a promise to the other guy and is going to break up with me. :(

5 days is a long time, Sabs. A lot can change in 5 days. It does sound like she at least cares somewhat about you, so I think it's worth talking to her.

I'm really sorry you have to go through this :(

After reading more of the chatlog, she talks about stuff that happened on monday, and tuesday she was acting all moody and distant with me but said it was nothing. And to think last night she was acting like it was all right, and wanted to do it. I feel used if she is going to break up with me.

So, yeah, if things have occurred between you since the cheatin' be sure to get checked out.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Are you from Mars?

Daisy: Do you rent downstairs?
    Brian: D'you mean am I gay?
    Daisy: What?
    Brian: D'you mean am I gay?
    Daisy: No, I meant "are you renting the downstairs flat?"
    Brian: Oh, right. Yep, sort of.
    Tim: Are you gay?
    Brian: What?
    Tim: Are you gay?
    Brian: ...No(?).

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

I will feel stupid since just last night we were doing things and it looked like things were okay again, just to break up today.

Stop jumping to conclusions, Sabs. Last night could well be more indicative than that chatlog.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited October 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »

Please. I beg to differ!

Well you do, but that's different!

MikeMan on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

:(

She's probably really conflicted because she really cares about you and likes you, but she also wants to go out with the other guy. I don't think she was using you. Unless she just had some weird sadistic streak, if she didn't care about you anymore, she'd just dump you straight out and go out with the other guy.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008

Stop jumping to conclusions, Sabs. Last night could well be more indicative than that chatlog.

In the chat logs that's could be at the latest monday, she is saying how she is going to break up with me but just not when. So why shouldn't I jump to that conclusion? Should I just keep my hopes really high so it hits me even worse if it happens?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited October 2008

Please. I beg to differ!

Are you saying I'm special?

Haphazard on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sabs.

If you want, I'll be your rebound fuck.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited October 2008

She's probably really conflicted because she really cares about you and likes you, but she also wants to go out with the other guy. I don't think she was using you. Unless she just had some weird sadistic streak, if she didn't care about you anymore, she'd just dump you straight out and go out with the other guy.

She said things like "she really likes me as a friend" and "doesn't want to hurt me."

Also she is really one of those people that always wants to avoid any situation that could be weird or uneasy so it's not out of hand what she is doing, i guess.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited October 2008

Please. I beg to differ!

Yes. In the pants. :winky:

MikeMan on
    edited October 2008
    Sabs.

If you want, I'll be your rebound fuck.

Only if you come to Canada. :P

Also just a month ago I found out I was basically her rebound since she broke up with her first serious relationship 2 weeks before our first date.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think I'm going to go live on Mars too.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

Please. I beg to differ!

"Special..." / "Needs?"

Squirminator2k on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

She said things like "she really likes me as a friend" and "doesn't want to hurt me."

Also she is really one of those people that always wants to avoid any situation that could be weird or uneasy so it's not out of hand what she is doing, i guess.

Hooo boy. Is that the kind of behavior which just screams I will do this again. Confront and cold dump the bitch.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If she does want to work things out its not unreasonable for me to ask her to not talk or hang out with the guy who she "did things with" right? Like they do have a few classes together but still.

From a pragmaic point of view, I wouldn't say it was unreasonable. But when it comes down to brass tacks, you either trust her or you don't. If you feel like you can't trust her anymore, maybe it's just time to let her go.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

I don't really think wanting to have your cake and eat it too is particularly admirable, or that that sort of action is indicative of real respect for the person you're in a relationship with. A lot of "not wanting to hurt" is more "I don't like conflict and am afraid to be honest". All IMO, obviously.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
    edited October 2008
    So that's from the original The Office?

Haphazard on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

Hooo boy. Is that the kind of behavior which just screams I will do this again. Confront and cold dump the bitch.

Yes. Let's make assumptions about other people based on 2nd hand text information from the Internet.

What could go wrong.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited October 2008
    Corvus wrote: »

I don't really think wanting to have your cake and eat it too is particularly admirable, or that that sort of action is indicative of real respect for the person you're in a relationship with. A lot of "not wanting to hurt" is more "I don't like conflict and am afraid to be honest". All IMO, obviously.

That's exactly how she is like.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited October 2008

Y'knwo what? You really have two options here. You can dwell on this news and let it bother you all day, working on the assumption that things are over based on second-hand news and some words on the Internet.

Or, you can try to be rational and wait until you have a proper chat with her. Whatever the outcome may be.

It seems to me like you've already made your choice.

Squirminator2k on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

From a pragmaic point of view, I wouldn't say it was unreasonable. But when it comes down to brass tacks, you either trust her or you don't. If you feel like you can't trust her anymore, maybe it's just time to let her go.

Yeah, if you can't trust her to hang around with whoever she wants, that's not working through things.

You need to break up with her if you hear her out and you still feel like asking something like that. It will just eat at you, otherwise.

Senjutsu on
    edited October 2008

Yes. The good one. :P

Squirminator2k on
    edited October 2008

Y'knwo what? You really have two options here. You can dwell on this news and let it bother you all day, working on the assumption that things are over based on second-hand news and some words on the Internet.

Or, you can try to be rational and wait until you have a proper chat with her. Whatever the outcome may be.

It seems to me like you've already made your choice.

I still have 30 more minutes till she is out of class and I was just going crazy walking around not talking to anyone. :(

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited October 2008

Yeah, if you can't trust her to hang around with whoever she wants, that's not working through things.

You need to break up with her if you hear her out and you still feel like asking something like that. It will just eat at you, otherwise.

I have trouble sepearating jealousy from trust though. :(

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited October 2008

Yes. The good one. :P

Can't confirm it nor deny it. ;-)

This: "she really likes me as a friend" really fucking hurts.

Haphazard on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    benefit of....

fuck it

Tav on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Aegis wrote: »

Yes. Let's make assumptions about other people based on 2nd hand text information from the Internet.

What could go wrong.
    nothing from my perspective.

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.