As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicitations for January 2009

13»

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Someone posted the entire thing on scans_daily once, and yeah, it's just a horrible, ugly thing with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

It's arguably so bad that it's funny, but it's still bad.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's supposed to be horrible and ugly though. That's the whole point, how wrong the world shown in Ruins has gone.

I've said it before, but I think Ruins really works best as a companion piece to Marvels.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It's supposed to be horrible and ugly though. That's the whole point, how wrong the world shown in Ruins has gone.

I've said it before, but I think Ruins really works best as a companion piece to Marvels.

But what's the value in that? Is the ability to inspire nausea and despair suddenly enough to qualify a book as worthwhile?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    it was the 90s at Marvel

they did a lot of shit

I will say though the one moment in Ruins that gets me everytime is the tabloid with Galactus dead in it. That part is fucking gold.

also I get where SoD is coming from. It's an example of how the MU could've gone horribly horribly wrong.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

But what's the value in that? Is the ability to inspire nausea and despair suddenly enough to qualify a book as worthwhile?

No, but it's funny how messed up everything is as well as horrible and ugly. Like the radiation from the bomb turning Bruce Banner into a giant tumour instead of the Hulk, or Nick Fury being a crazy bastard who shoots prostitutes.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Maybe you can laugh at the same joke again and again, but I didn't even laugh the first time.

And do you really think Ellis evoked concentration camps because he thought it would be funny? I can buy the book being unintentionally hilarious, but when you're bringing America's treatment of the Native Americans, Japanese internment, or even the Holocaust into it, it's pretty clear that you're looking to be taken seriously.

Robos A Go Go on