As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ultimatum: House Of M Meets World's End?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I was about to say that dosen't look anything like Ultimate Strange

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Yeah I was about to say that dosen't look anything like Ultimate Strange

So perfectly in keeping with the Ultimates 3 style then.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Maybe Strange Snr has been held by the government all this time, or something... Or yeah it could be an Ultimates 3 style ignore-whatever-has-come-before move.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Lets hope its the former

The Ultimatum covers and stuff everyone looks like they should for the most part

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I particularly hope they don't fuck with Dr Strange Jr, because he is pure awesome just as he is.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    At some point, I want Ultimate Dr. Doom to be standing around mocking everyone, then he gets hit with a big blast of energy, an explosion that obscures him for an instant. After that he comes leaping out of the smoke, his armor blown off revealing his mutated, metal-skinned form, screaming insanely, cloven-hooves kicking up sparks.

They can throw it in whenever, but it'd probably be better if it happened towards the end.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Poor Wanda. =(

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    At some point, I want Ultimate Dr. Doom to be standing around mocking everyone, then he gets hit with a big blast of energy, an explosion that obscures him for an instant. After that he comes leaping out of the smoke, his armor blown off revealing his mutated, metal-skinned form, screaming insanely, cloven-hooves kicking up sparks.

They can throw it in whenever, but it'd probably be better if it happened towards the end.

why? that sounds dumb.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Because it's pretty kickin' rad

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So it bothers me when Ultimate Spider-man is drawn with full, adult proportions.

Also, unless it changed in the pages of Ultimate X-Men since his first appearance, it appears from the link that Nightcrawler has his 616 skintone.

Marvel.com trailer

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I think the art looks good

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That's not what Magneto's voice sounds like in my head and my dreams.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was thinking that too. That guy is just a poser. Calling Ultimatum's ending being Magneto is actually Xorn!

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What does Ultimate Price mean anyway?

I mean, Magneto has tried to fuck up the world a ton of times, so I'm wondering if there's more to do in this area.

I hope it isn't genocide, incidentally, because that's been done and is kind of ironic for a Holocaust survivor.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    is Ultimate Magneto also a Holocaust survivor?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    is Ultimate Magneto also a Holocaust survivor?

Probably not, actually, considering how old he'd have to be and how Ultimate isn't subject to 616's sliding timescale.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What does Ultimate Price mean anyway?

I mean, Magneto has tried to fuck up the world a ton of times, so I'm wondering if there's more to do in this area.

I hope it isn't genocide, incidentally, because that's been done and is kind of ironic for a Holocaust survivor.

I don't follow the ultimate line much at all, but wouldn't he be blaming the Superhero Community more than humans? That's what I've seen, and what the video kind of expresses anyway.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So the Ultimate Price is that he's going to kick their asses?

And the references to God fucking up the Earth is just what he says to get us in the sack?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks good also. Finch's work can go either way for me, probably depending on the inking and coloring, I guess. I just get thrown off when Ultimate Spider-man looks like a grown-ass man. If I recall correctly, he looked like an adult in Ultimate Six as well.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks good also. Finch's work can go either way for me, probably depending on the inking and coloring, I guess. I just get thrown off when Ultimate Spider-man looks like a grown-ass man. If I recall correctly, he looked like an adult in Ultimate Six as well.

I dunno, I think it has more to do with just him being drawn by someone different, I mean 98% of Ultimate Spidey's appearances have been drawn by Bagley or Immomen.

I mean you can see him out of costume in those preview pages and he looks about the right age.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I didn't catch him first time around in the preview pages. I dunno, he looks more like a 18-20 yr old Calvin Klein model there. I think I'm just really drawn to the fact that in the Ultimate line he's a 15 yr old kid, and Bagley's art (I raven't read much of Immonen's yet) really stresses that a lot.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    well see so then its gonna be even more of a disconnect for you if all you've got is Bagely.

I still agree Finch's Pete looks a little older than either Bagley's or Immomen but even Bagley's adult Spidey was extremely lithe and angular when he was drawing Amazing Spider-Man.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I don't think I read any of his Amazing. In fact, I didn't like him on Ultimate at first. I thought he was a little too cartoonish, but a book or two into it, it grew on me for the character. I saw Immonen's work on the flashback when Spidey fought The Spot, and I really dug it. I'm waiting for the new HC to come out, probably in March I think, and I'll read his stuff then.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Spoilers for this month's Origins, seriously don't fucking click this I swear to god
    Rick Jones is the herald who will save the earth.
    Rick fucking Jones.
    Yessss

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Golden Yak wrote: »

why? that sounds dumb.

Cuz your mother, that's why.

Also, I don't want UFF to end without them acknowledging that Ultimate Doom still looks like a fucked up metal satyr. They made Ultimate Doom, they can't unmake him.

Although his armor coming off revealing him to be cured and completely human would also be cool.
    So the Ultimate Price is that he's going to kick their asses?

And the references to God fucking up the Earth is just what he says to get us in the sack?

From the trailer, it sounds like
    the Ultimate Price is that he's going to kill the world. So genocide on everyone this time, not just humans.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Spoilers for this month's Origins, seriously don't fucking click this I swear to god
    Rick fucking Jones.
    Yessss

Hah, I was coming in to ask that, as scan daily got me curious.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    nindustrialnindustrial Word Typer Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ok, so question as a new comic person.

I've read the first three trades of Ultimate X-Men; enjoyed them. Clearly the book is coming to an end. However, Rogue is one of my favorite characters in general, and apparently she is playing a lead role in Ultimatum? Is it going to be worth my time (generally speaking) to pick up Ultimatum as it's put out, even though I haven't made it through much U X-Men?

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rick fucking Jones.
    Yessss
    Herald of what

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Rick fucking Jones.
    Yessss
    Herald of what
    The Watcher

t nindustrial: we dont really know very much about Ultimatum at this point so its hard to answer your question

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rick fucking Jones.
    Yessss
    Herald of what
    The Watcher

t nindustrial: we dont really know very much about Ultimatum at this point so its hard to answer your question

Plural, not singular:
    Watchers, an entire species of techno(organic?) creatures, of whom there are apparently millions or billions at least, based on how they've been depicted here and in Ultimate X-Men

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Rick fucking Jones.
    Yessss
    Herald of what
    The Watcher

Plural, not singular:
    Watchers, an entire species of techno(organic?) creatures, of whom there are apparently millions or billions at least, based on how they've been depicted here and in Ultimate X-Men
    I really love the fact that much like the original portrayal of the Watcher and Galactus, the Ultimate versions are shown to be very similar but with essentially opposite viewpoints. The fact that they both seem to be swarms of hive-robots, one destroying life and one observing it is cool.

Almost a shame they probably didn't have this planned from the beginning (or at least Ultimate Galactus)... it would have been beyond cool to see little watcher statues hidden in the background unexplained during the entire Ultimate run.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Who is
    Rick Jones? I just finished reading Ultimate Origins 5 and understood that the final page was supposed to be a big deal, but I didn't understand why. Because I don't know who Rick Jones is.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Wiki him would be my suggestion, he's related to loads of heroes you know about.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2008
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Who is
    Rick Jones? I just finished reading Ultimate Origins 5 and understood that the final page was supposed to be a big deal, but I didn't understand why. Because I don't know who Rick Jones is.
    He's an integral character in the silver age of Marvel comics. He's the kid Bruce Banner pushed aside during the accident that made him a Hulk, he was kind of the Avengers unofficial mascot for a while, and he was one of the Hulk and Bruce Banner's best friends. Plus, he played a major role in the Kree/Skrull war arc.

Runaways actually summed him up pretty well. He's like the ultimate sidekick

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    He's kind of the Snapper Carr to the Marvel Universe.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'd consider him closer to Jimmy Olson

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'd consider him closer to Jimmy Olson
    Jimmy is really only connected to Superman. Snapper Carr, at least as I know him (from remembering Young Justice) was connected to a bunch of people.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Rick Jones also shared bodies with the original Captain Marvel for awhile

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    rick jones is actually the "he" in "he loves you"

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rick Jones also shared bodies with the original Captain Marvel for awhile

And his son!

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious