As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sketches for My Sweetheart

Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Artist's Corner
The Drunk

Some old:

bunnydp6.th.jpgthpix.gif

ednortonao0.th.jpgthpix.gif

bridgexu8.th.jpgthpix.gif

falconnw4.th.jpgthpix.gif

violinzh8.th.jpgthpix.gif

selfportraitvq2.th.jpgthpix.gif

And New:

shoelacesmd1.th.jpgthpix.gif

natesilhouetteyd9.th.jpgthpix.gif

handky0.th.jpgthpix.gif

I'm making Majora's Mask for my Halloween costume, or should I say painting and overseeing. My dad has done about 99 percent of the work on it so far, but now it's my turn to create the spikes and paint it.

dscn0221fl5.th.jpgthpix.gif

dscn0222dq1.th.jpg

I'm painting this wolf for art class in acrylic. This has taught me that I hate acrylic.
dscn0223uy8.th.jpgthpix.gif

dscn0225aw5.th.jpgthpix.gif

EDIT: How the hell do I make the images show up full size?

Stick and stones will break my bones, but your comments will make my art better.

Red_Arremer on

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey cool, Majora's Mask.

I'd go as that if I wasn't so goddamn lazy. Very interested in seeing how that goes.

Godfather on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cant wait to see the mask when its done.
    MAJORAS MASK is my favorite Zelda game. Twilight was a total dissapointment. But i wont go there :)

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MAJORAS MASK is my favorite Zelda game. Twilight was a total dissapointment. But i wont go there :)

Winter Combat for Mayor!

Godfather on
  • Options
    XALXAL Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    JEFF BUCKLEY FOR THE WIN!

good stuff man keep at it
    majora's mask!!!
    too cool

XAL on
  • Options
    JohnTWMJohnTWM Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Majora's Mask, that's awesome. I went as Link to a Halloween party sat. I really liked both games on N64, but I never finished Majora's Mask because I failed the marriage mask too many times. (didnt finish new one either)

JohnTWM on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    XAL: Jeff Buckley is the best. I'm hoping to make it to Uncommon Ground 2008 for his tribute, but it's kind of hard to get info for it.

I'm pretty excited myself to see how the Mask of Majora turns out. I'm putting a lot of effort into the costume, and a lot of attention to detail in the mask, and hopefully it'll look pretty damn awesome.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That might be one of the most glorious Halloween concepts ever. I demand pics when finished.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    dscn0227bj6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Primed, carved, and pre-sanding.
    Still needs:
    sanding
    Paint
    Horns
    straps

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I seriously can not wait to see this. So awesome, good luck with the rest man!

Prospicience on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    We should make a maskl thread together, I'm working on my own as well, although it's just made-up, and not from anything besides watching labyrinth too much.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thanks people. Expect a finished product late tonight or early tomorrow.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    dscn0227bj6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Primed, carved, and pre-sanding.
    Still needs:
    sanding
    Paint
    Horns
    straps

Oh man, oh man, best costume ever!

Tam on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Majora's Mask Version 1.0 has been completed!

dscn0241ny3.jpg

dscn0242dg2.jpg

dscn0243jq7.jpg

Well, It's finally finished. I'd like to touch it up a bit, and the horns disappoint me. Unfortunately, my dad epoxied the horns to the mask while I was in the shower. So, I don't really know what I can do about that.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cool mask but...How do you...see?

Also, those pictures are ENORMOUS. Make them smaller, and post them full size by using the dropdown at the bottom of the Imageshack uploaded picture page that says "Advanced Options," and then put the link in tags.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It looks very nice!
    but... how will you see?

lyrium on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »

Also, those pictures are ENORMOUS. Make them smaller, and post them full size by using the dropdown at the bottom of the Imageshack uploaded picture page that says "Advanced Options," and then put the link in tags.

I just tried what you said and it didn't work. I put at both ends of the link it gave me and it just showed up as text, and I don't know how to resize the images. Is there something I'm missing?

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »

I tried what you said and it didn't work. I put at both ends of the link it gave me and it didn't work, and I don't know how to resize the images.

you have to put and then at the end

Tam on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ah thanks guys! Anyways, I'm probably going to drill some holes to see through before Halloween. The only reason I didn't was because I finished about 4 minutes before people started getting to my house for a Halloween party.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    vrempirevrempire Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hi Red_Arremer,
    I like your sketches of the rabbit. It is really soft and have a feeling of nostalgia.
    I also like your mask and it looks really cool at the mouth part.

vrempire on
    vrembanner.gif