As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The road not taken

1235»

• Options
    JenniferJennifer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I can no longer remember what I put into my machine. I replace things here and there. the last thing I remember doing is putting a G of RAM in it.

Jennifer on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    I bought 1Gig o' RAM and a new graphic card.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    commie wrote:
    how much would it be for uuh. 3 Gig+ (AMD) processor, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD, a decent video card, and a cool looking case? or pretty much anything that will run BF2 and WoW works.

Gimme a minute on that.

Ummmm that system sounds pretty overpowered for WoW. Don't know about BF2, but again, sounds a bit more hefty than what you'd really need.

yeah mine's running at like 2.3 512 900x graphics or something and 80gb.

but i can't remember my motherboard or what freq my ram is at

so I'm buying something decent

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    Defender, you can still access this forum from Cali.

I'm not even kidding.

You can do it. I heard about a guy once that did it.

You should go to Californ-eye-aye and join up with that company. Whatever they have in PA, they'll have in CA, only slightly different versions. You might have to learn to smile though.

Yeah but he'd have to register at FS and I don't know if he's prepared to do that.

Flying Stove? Last time I logged on there, I was a mod. But I just checked and I think my username is inactive now. It's been a long time.

Defender on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    commie, check your PM's.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    I talked to a guy last night who would be able to recommend me to the guy who runs the POP team at Ubisoft. But I'd have to move to California, which means giving up a bunch of other things.

I do not like dilemmas, duders. I don't think I'll go. Which is a shame because I really like a lot of what the POP team does.
    Just move, you stuck in your ways douchebag.

"Stuck in your ways" is a pretty inaccurate way to describe me.

Do not pay any attention to Dynagrip, Defender. He is a profoundly tragic and irrational individual.

I say stay. I don't think that any job that will not pay a million dolars a yearis worth leaving someone over that you clearly care so much about.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah. I think I'm staying. But I should probably at least talk to these guys, I mean, I love their work and would really like to do things similar to what they do at some point in the future.

Defender on
  • Options
    DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, stay but maintain contacts. Way more good things where you are from what I can see, and all you'd really get is a little boost - but if you're going to get where you're going anyway, why not take the scenic route and get more experience before hitting the big time?

Plus if you go, you'll be missing out on opportunities immediately around you, and from the sound of things you have many more opportunities where you are then where you'd be. And, y'know, California.

DarkHawke on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    Yeah. I think I'm staying. But I should probably at least talk to these guys, I mean, I love their work and would really like to do things similar to what they do at some point in the future.
    Please let us know when the interview will be.

Let us take you out for a drink or something.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    SlipperyJim.IMSlipperyJim.IM Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    student loan check arrived... time to blow it on hardware

SlipperyJim.IM on