As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GRILLIN' BEANS (Dec. 25)

Couch CouchenCouch Couchen Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Artist's Corner
Coming this Christmas (but not really)...

Grillin_Beans.png

KING ROOT IS UP TO NO GOOD and ONLY ONE GROUP of competitive nighttime cooks CAN STOP HIM!

Will MOLLO AND THE GANG have what it takes to FEED THE SNOOTY POPULOUS AND RUIN KING ROOT'S PLANS before shift ends?

WHO KNOWS? WHO CARES?! IT'S GRILLIN' BEANS!!!

Couch Couchen on

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So.......

want crits?

I mean

What's the point of this, exactly

NightDragon on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Not necessarily humorous itself, but I wouldn't mind seeing as to where these character's absurdities finds my emotion.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    AllanAllan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    well I like it!

Allan on
    banndd1av6.gifbannerdd2or5.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well, GRILLIN' BEANS *may* turn into a web comic, but if so it won't be any time soon.

Tthe release date was going to be an elaborate joke culminating in absolutely nothing being released.

The joke failed, as you're not supposed to advertise web comics... something I realized after, well, advertising for it. I guess it's all right, though, as long as I don't make 20 new threads about GRILLIN' BEANS.

Couch Couchen on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    And there will likely be more pictures, making the thread funnier... maybe. I don't know.

Couch Couchen on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The hat of the #1 chef is weird, it's like his hair is clipping through it.

Aldo on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The joke failed, as you're not supposed to advertise web comics... something I realized after, well, advertising for it.

Says who? web comics get advertised, but not like that... Web comics are a different media, not meant for the physical world... so why advertise in poster form?

An excellent example of modern advertising in web comics can be at Penny Arcade. Notice how they often draw mini-comics for new games. The identify their target reader which is a mostly gamer reader and use the new video game's web page as a magnet to attract new readers to the PA page.

Edit: Childs Play and PAX are also non traditional ways of how PA has gotten its name accross. Though advertising was not the intention of these activities, it's an unavoidable side-effect.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Says who?

True..
    Aldo wrote: »
    The hat of the #1 chef is weird, it's like his hair is clipping through it.

And Casio Swades is from Sveden - that's why his hair looks like it's clipping or whatever.
    So...... want crits?

Yes, please give criticism. Even if it is only one sentence...

Couch Couchen on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think you should read the rules before you make any more posts.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ^that was in response to me writing something about internships. What I wrote was joking - again - but I erased it. :P Jokes against the rules aren't funny.

Anyway, Alex Trebek is a drunk (NWS - for cursing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2w72KAkQQ

Couch Couchen on