As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Invincible

12346»

• kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Keith wrote:
    All right, collecting trades into an "Ultimate Collection" is fine and all, since it's bigger art and everything

But collecting the Ultimate Collections into one book? This shit is getting ridiculous.

http://www.newsarama.com/ImageComics/Dec06/solicitations.html

That's pretty bad ass. I also notice further down the page a Official Handbook of the Invicible Universe 2 coming out, which makes me immediatlely have to go look for info on 1 because those sound like awesome books to have.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2006
    I will admit that I will buy it if I have the money.

I won't, though.

Garlic Bread on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    What bothers me about that is all the extra content. I love that shit. I love seeing sketchbook pages and doodles for characters and all that. I'd like to buy it, but I can barely afford to buy the trades as they come out.

Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2006
    What bothers me is that I bought the Ultimate Collections, then the trade not included (Vol 6) and then the issues that take place after that, and I'll pick up the trades and Ultimate Collections that come out (for easier reading)

they're like Nintendo, now

gba sp sp

Garlic Bread on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I don't think I'll get this really big one, because I probably can't throw that in my book bag all that well and Invincible needs to fit in my bag because you guys don't even know how often I read it.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited September 2006
    Sounds like you need a bigger bag, Jordyn

Garlic Bread on
  • Len FordLen Ford Registered User new member
    edited September 2006
    kdrudy wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    All right, collecting trades into an "Ultimate Collection" is fine and all, since it's bigger art and everything

But collecting the Ultimate Collections into one book? This shit is getting ridiculous.

http://www.newsarama.com/ImageComics/Dec06/solicitations.html

That's pretty bad ass. I also notice further down the page a Official Handbook of the Invicible Universe 2 coming out, which makes me immediatlely have to go look for info on 1 because those sound like awesome books to have.

Yeah, #1 isn't out yet. I'm pretty sure that it comes out in November.

Len Ford on
    edited September 2006
    This issue had a lot of text. It felt like a filler issue.

I like the book parts, but the writing on them is so straight forward in its narrative.

Garlic Bread on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2006
    I thought that was part of the idea.

DMAC on
    edited September 2006
    I know, but they're a bit bland.

Garlic Bread on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2006
    Also part of the idea.

DMAC on
    edited September 2006
    i want more

That's where Volume 7 ends.

I don't know if I should buy TPBs or Ultimate Collections or Complete Libraries

they're just going to keep going

Garlic Bread on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Keith wrote:
    I don't know if I should buy TPBs or Ultimate Collections or Complete Libraries

they're just going to keep going

The next collection they're releasing will actually just be Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottley themselves. They will come to your home and Kirkman will dictate the story to Ottley, who will sketch the entire thing out in magic markers, and both will take turns doing funny voices for the dialogue. The story will only conclude when something strange falls out of Kirkman's beard, causing all in attendance to shuffle nervously before someone mentioning how they, "Gotta get up early tomorrow.."

On a less retarded note, when's Invincible Vol. 7 coming out? It was solicite for September but failed to ever materialize. And what are the odds of those little guides to the Invincible universe being collected in a trade? I'm not sure if I should buy them when they come out or not, since I'm a trade-only guy.

Munch on
    edited January 2007
    The "twist" in the beginning of #38 was ruined for me by the Invincible Handbook A-L

when I read the part in the Handbook, I was all confused and thought I'd missed something

but I picked up #38 and Handbook K-Z today

Garlic Bread on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man Mark sure is a shitbag.

[spoiler:6f16d0160d]What my girlfriend won't fuck me? Even after I go on a date with her and hang out with her shitty friends? I'd better go cheat on her.[/spoiler:6f16d0160d]

deadonthestreet on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    I'm just going to not pick up singles and pick up the Ultimate Collections

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    The "twist" in the beginning of #38 was ruined for me by the Invincible Handbook A-L

when I read the part in the Handbook, I was all confused and thought I'd missed something

It actually was in the Free Comic Book Day issue. This was just a rehash of that for anyone that missed it.

deadonthestreet on
    edited January 2007

[spoiler:594dd4e336]What my girlfriend won't fuck me? Even after I go on a date with her and hang out with her shitty friends? I'd better go cheat on her.[/spoiler:594dd4e336]

[spoiler:594dd4e336]Was it Mark that initiated it? I think he went there to tell Eve that he doesn't love her, like Future Eve told him to.[/spoiler:594dd4e336]

Garlic Bread on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

[spoiler:8f37221681]What my girlfriend won't fuck me? Even after I go on a date with her and hang out with her shitty friends? I'd better go cheat on her.[/spoiler:8f37221681]

it's been set up for a while but yeah that was a total asshole move.

[spoiler:8f37221681]but if you were Mark wouldn't you tap that ass? Seriously. Between her and Dupli-Kate that's like the 2-infinity hottest superheroines ever.[/spoiler:8f37221681]

Mai-Kero on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:

It actually was in the Free Comic Book Day issue. This was just a rehash of that for anyone that missed it.

I have no remembrance of it, even though I've read that issue

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:

[spoiler:22c5868b26]What my girlfriend won't fuck me? Even after I go on a date with her and hang out with her shitty friends? I'd better go cheat on her.[/spoiler:22c5868b26]

[spoiler:22c5868b26]Was it Mark that initiated it? I think he went there to tell Eve that he doesn't love her, like Future Eve told him to.[/spoiler:22c5868b26]
    [spoiler:22c5868b26]Nah dude it was all him. At least that's how I read it.[/spoiler:22c5868b26]

deadonthestreet on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    Not the first Free Comic Day issue, the one that came out this year with a bunch of little previews of future issues of Image books

I think.

I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about, but it sounds right

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2007
    Yeah they rehashed the thing with Allen the Alien waking up and that old dude telling him that thing.

deadonthestreet on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah that "twist" was revealed back in May in the Free Comic Book Day issue, and Framling called it even before that. Here, use this helpful guide to let you predict twists such as this one in the future:

ViltrumiteIdentificationGuide.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    What if the subject is a woman?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I was laughing pretty hard at the beard-removal reveal. That was just brilliant.

Anybody familiar with Wallace and Gromit? In The Wrong Trousers, there's a penguin that disguises itself as a chicken by putting a red rubber glove on its head. The reveal scene involes it removing the red rubber glove, complete with cries of "It's you!" from Wallace. Ahh, good times.

Bob The Monkey on
    edited January 2007
    I was laughing pretty hard at the beard-removal reveal. That was just brilliant.

Anybody familiar with Wallace and Gromit? In The Wrong Trousers, there's a penguin that disguises itself as a chicken by putting a red rubber glove on its head. The reveal scene involes it removing the red rubber glove, complete with cries of "It's you!" from Wallace. Ahh, good times.

alphamonkey

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:

alphamonkey

Hah, of course. I'd totally not made that connection. Coming up to my fourth anniversary of registration and I still have complete newbie moments.

Bob The Monkey on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:

alphamonkey

Hah, of course. I'd totally not made that connection. Coming up to my fourth anniversary of registration and I still have complete newbie moments.

I don't like your tone, mister.

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

alphamonkey

wh

I'm very confused.

Bob The Monkey on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

alphamonkey

wh

I'm very confused.

you edited in that sentence right before I quoted

without it, it looked like you were being sarcastic

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

alphamonkey

wh

I'm very confused.

Man, I didn't edit it.

You confound me increasingly.

Anyway, let's be happy that we're united by our love of both Invincible and Wallace and Gromit.

Bob The Monkey on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

alphamonkey

wh

I'm very confused.

Man, I didn't edit it.

You confound me increasingly.

Anyway, let's be happy that we're united by our love of both Invincible and Wallace and Gromit.

"Coming up to my fourth anniversary of registration and I still have complete newbie moments." was not originally in that post

I've never really seen Wallace and Gromit

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    I've never really seen Wallace and Gromit

Never seen Wallace and Gromit? Get on the case, man! The Wrong Trousers is truly brilliant comedy.

Bob The Monkey on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I propose and in depth investigation to discover if Bob The Monkey actually did edit his post as claimed by Keith.

Bail is set at $50,000.00 *Gavel comes down*

*Law and Order music plays*

Edit: I'm so picking up the trades after reading this thread.*

*This sentance was added after the fact.

Caveman Paws on