As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• MossMoss Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The next one up is Cowboy Bebop.

Then I'm working on a Resident Evil one.

Then a Goldeneye one.

MGS will come at some point.

Moss on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Markets closed fellas. No more trading.

winter_combat_knight on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Markets closed fellas. No more trading.

?...

Do you have news from the future?

Prospicience on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My fav. Seen.
    ...Why? He doesn't seem very good.

Also: Spain has the best graffiti I've ever seen. In one city it was just like beautiful art splattered itself on the walls everywhere.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Here the 10-years of city funded zero-tolerance policy against graffiti of all forms just ended a few months ago. I heard the city wasted about 350 million euros during that time to clean nearly every small tag there was and also the pieces that one could say were art. I'm glad that there's still power in democracy even though this went on for way too long. Now the city is planning to open some walls for legal graffiti art.

no_toast on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    no_toast wrote: »
    Here the 10-years of city funded zero-tolerance policy against graffiti of all forms just ended a few months ago. I heard the city wasted about 350 million euros during that time to clean nearly every small tag there was and also the pieces that one could say were art. I'm glad that there's still power in democracy even though this went on for way too long. Now the city is planning to open some walls for legal graffiti art.

I wish we did stuff like that here in the US. I actually find it pleasing to see graffiti on the side of buildings.
    If I were to open a restaurant, I'd leave a wall completely open to graffiti artists.

Tam on
    edited October 2008
    Woah. Woah. My aunt's coworker apparently has "connections" and gets free stuff from people. She texts me and asks what my shoe size is, and this guy and I have the same size shoes, so he's giving me shoes because he didn't have anyone else to give them to before. Today I got some nice Lacoste sneakers, and she just told me he's giving me a pair of Nike LeBrons (I don't know which kind, but all of them are rather expensive). This is cool, as I was thinking of getting some new shoes at some point in the future (of course). Now I'm going to be one of those people with multiple pairs of shoes. I love free stuff.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    no_toast wrote: »

I wish we did stuff like that here in the US. I actually find it pleasing to see graffiti on the side of buildings.
    If I were to open a restaurant, I'd leave a wall completely open to graffiti artists.

They do tam! There's walls across the country reserved for graffiti. Not a ton, but they exist. I know there's some in Denver. There are also quite a few buildings in Denver that have had graffiti artists paint huge murals on the sides. When I was going to school (in Denton, TX) we had an entire street that pretty much every building had graffiti artists do work all over the backs and sides of the buildings. Changed a decent amount too over the 5 years I was there.

SrSizzy: I can't tell if you're being serious or not... I would hope not, but at any rate. (<--- regarding Seen).

Obama's Marketing team kicks all kinds of ass.

Also funny.

Prospicience on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That was funny Prosp.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That was indeed funny.

Seen is a graffiti OG. Seen was doing whole cars before most of us were born. Without pioneers like him and Dondi, there would be no movement as far as I'm concerned.

Also SrSizzy, I'm assuming you've never seen Style Wars, which you really should. Even if you only have the faintest interest in graffiti culture, you need to see Style Wars. It's really good. I watch it quite frequently.

earthwormadam on
    edited October 2008
    http://www.seenworld.com/images/fullsize/Trains/page1/9wolfie.jpg

I don't know. Not all of it is that great. I didn't pay attention to the chronology though.

srsizzy on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fucking academic disaster today when I tried to register for classes. THREE administrative people gave me the wrong information (i.e. I only needed one form to get into a course)....and I may be totally and royally fucked. I actually blame all this fucking shit on the Illustration chair, AGAIN, because if he'd fucking replied to me and NOT left me 3 weeks (MORE than enough time to get this process completed) to wait around for him (he didn't even READ my e-mails, just sent one-sentence replies asking me to be more succinct) I would have had everything done by now. BUT NO! Had to fucking wait around until THE DAY OF REGISTRATION where I had to, in a panic, after the system refused to let me register for the class, and nobody at the admin building would answer their phone...drive over to the administration building, wait 10 minutes to talk to somebody, who then spent another 10 minutes with somebody else I'd spoken to last week, and had to tell me finally that "actually, you need another form". So I was late to class and wondering if I was just totally fucked, would have to take two classes instead of 3 = part-time student = no scholarship = no financial aid = I'm totally and royally fucked.

It won't get to that point now, but I would really, really fucking love to verbally set fire to the Illustration chair. Too bad I need to rely on him to sign more waivers in the future, asshat. I fucking hope he gets fired, everybody's had the same problems with him when I've asked...he's even fucking infamous in the administration building, AND in other departments completely. People are like, "oh, who's your chair?" and I tell them, and ALL of them answer "ooohh..." with a knowing look.

Jesus fucking christ. Fuck this guy.

NightDragon on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm sure it'll work out ND, just keep a cool head and if that doesn't work, tantrum your way to a solution.
    This is why people never rock the boat with the assigned curriculum, it's just too much of a head fuck.

Mustang on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seriously.

I think the end result is just that I want this guy fired. In all honesty, it's not so much out of spite, but more because he just isn't doing his fucking job, with anybody, all across the board. If this was just a fluke, and it just ended up happening with me.......yeah, I'd still be angry, but I don't think I'd be this pissed. It just really bothers me that he's not taking his job seriously, and that he's got a few hundred students relying on him to get the necessary paperwork signed, on time...and he's just blowing eeeeeeverybody off, consistently...and I will have to rely on this same guy, in the future, to sign other forms for me...and I just don't want to have to go through the same bullshit.

He wouldn't even be *fired*, he's just be demoted down to Professor again...and another professor in the Illustration dept. would take up the reins.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh

NightDragon on
    edited October 2008
    Speaking of fired, guess who just got the pink slip?

Apparently, some people have really good ears and can hear when you call them a bitch for complaining about price discrepancies.

Woo!

Tam on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey that reminds me of the time I got fired from Hot Topic after an angry mother called up and complained about me tossing her daughter!

Congrats Tam!

Uncle Long on
    edited October 2008
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    Hey that reminds me of the time I got fired from Hot Topic after an angry mother called up and complained about me tossing her daughter!

Congrats Tam!

You mean kicking her daughter out of the Hot Topic store, right? As in asking her to leave?

Because the mental image I got at first was you picking up and throwing a goth out of a store.

Or is this a sexual reference I don't know?

Tam on
    edited October 2008

Congrats Tam!

You mean kicking her daughter out of the Hot Topic store, right? As in asking her to leave?

Because the mental image I got at first was you picking up and throwing a goth out of a store.

No, the image you have is correct. Except, replace goth with "entitled middle schooler" and you'd have a better idea.

Uncle Long on
    edited October 2008

Congrats Tam!

No, the image you have is correct. Except, replace goth with "entitled middle schooler" and you'd have a better idea.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You fucking bodily chucked a middle schooler out of a store? You are my hero, Uncle Long.

I also have a question. Do employers for whom you fill out an application prior to an interview call your references before or after the interview? Cuz the manager at the store I just got fired from is listed as a reference on an application and I have a telephone interview for the new place sometime this week.

Tam on
    edited October 2008

Congrats Tam!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You fucking bodily chucked a middle schooler out of a store?

You are my hero, Uncle Long.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. When they told me I was fired I just thought, "yeah, I'm an idiot. This sucks but...yeah."

It did feel pretty good to hurl a customer though.

Uncle Long on
    edited October 2008
    What was she doing to deserve the said chucking.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    hahaha, Long, you are wonderful.

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited October 2008

Congrats Tam!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You fucking bodily chucked a middle schooler out of a store?

You are my hero, Uncle Long.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. When they told me I was fired I just thought, "yeah, I'm an idiot. This sucks but...yeah."

It did feel pretty good to hurl a customer though.

Wow, how did she land?

also, my question from the last page:
    Do employers for whom you fill out an application prior to an interview call your references before or after the interview? Cuz the manager at the store I just got fired from is listed as a reference on an application and I have a telephone interview for the new place sometime this week.

Tam on
    edited October 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    What was she doing to deserve the said chucking.

She probably didn't even deserve it. I mean, I was 16 at the time and hated working there.

She said "you should give this to me." And held up some shitty button. I said, "that's a dollar, you should buy it, and then buy this too," and showed her another pin because my job as register biscuit was to upsell things. So she says "nooooo, you should give me this one." It went back and forth until I did the whole, "listen, I need to ring these people up, I don't know if someone else can help you but I'm busy."

Then she started pulling things off the shelves and dropping them on the floor so that I had to go over there and pick them up and put them back. This went on for like three or four items and then I asked her to leave and she said no so I picked her up and hucked her out of the store.

She landed on her feet but kind of sat down on the mall hallway floor. The toss was pretty vertical.

Uncle Long on
    edited October 2008
    No, she did deserve it. Fucking pretentious little princess, you did good Long.

Mustang on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I bought a cordless electric hair trimmer.... I have no hair on me now....

MagicToaster on
    edited October 2008

Next step, butter yourself up.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

noooooooooooooo hair

btw I was being eye humped by the model today, he made me feel very awkward.
    In other news.... NightDragon is going insane.

And in other other news, Austrailian candy is delicious. I dont know why. But I loveeee there Rattle snake starburst gummy's and there Chocolate Black Baby shaped candy.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/4/4459795_62695060a8_o.jpg

om nom nom

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited October 2008
    I can't believe those things haven't been banned, I mean come on, white people eating black babies?
    They are tasty though and as far as candy goes they're about the only thing I can consume an entire bag of in one sitting.

Mustang on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hi guys! It's me! Desperaterobots!

We had a fire alarm at work today! BOOP. BOOP. BOOP. BOOP. X 10 minutes. It never turned into the 'evacuation' tone, so we just had to sit here in the awful noise. I have a headache.

Also I think I have to do my taxes tonight. All in all, it's shaping up to be a great fucking day.

desperaterobots on
    edited October 2008
    I've done mine, well my accountant did, 850 Australian roubles headed my way minus the 150 rouble tribute I have to make to my accountant, but he does good work, so I don't begrudge him it.

Mustang on
    edited October 2008
    I'll hire one next year.

(I said this last year.)

desperaterobots on
    edited October 2008
    According to scripture and also IGN, Fallout 3 is awesome! Anyone played it yet to back up these claims of epicness?

Mustang on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    I saw people play it at PAX, and I would have to agree that it is fantastic looking. I will definitely be getting it, but I don't know if I want it on 360 or PC! Potential mods vs achievements!

bombardier on
    edited October 2008
    oh god why did my 360 have to break again :(:(:(

i need to get that packed up and sent off. Hm.

desperaterobots on
    edited October 2008
    I'm finally getting around to buying a 360 this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to afford fallout as well, but you can always get what you want, but if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you give........damn rolling stones, that's going to be in my head all fucking day now.

Mustang on
    edited October 2008
    As soon as my exhibition is over I'm going to have to cram in as much gaming as I can. I haven't played anything other than geometry wars for 15 minutes a few times in a few months now.

desperaterobots on
    edited October 2008
    Bombs went to pax? Any other ACers go?

I want a 360 so bad. :|

D:

:cry:

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Exam stress is starting to get to me. I hope I can get to sleep tonight.

... Okay, deep breaths... *inhale* *exhale*

What am I doing?! I don't have time to be browsing the forums!

Flay on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just take it easy dude. Chill, and relax a bit. Do all you can. That's all anyone can do.

Just think how sweet it'll be when they are all done :)

winter_combat_knight on
This discussion has been closed.