As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] - Melee DPS: Schrödinger's Slayers and Choppas

1111213141517»

• GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That sounds more like Judgment spec.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Quite possibly, I've only just got back from several weeks away and haven't even played the game again yet : (

Junpei on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    yeah, i think hammerers are getting cut for slayers. just a look at the dwarf forums on warhammer alliance shows what a frothing demand there is for them.

This would be my bet too, though I have no idea how they'd implement a slayer class and make it work. The combat mechanics would be fine, but the psychology wouldn't make any sense.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I gotta tell you... I love me my Witch Hunter. I've got a WE and a WH both fresh out of T1 and I do like my WH better. The pistol gives me some more options just incase I'm low on health or the enmy is slipping away from me. Plus the executions are hilarious. Burn the Heretic ftw :p

Moridin889 on
  • PandionPandion Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lately my WH can't get her second stab off on a supporting healer before being piled on by a large group of defenders. Damn this game USED to be so easy.

Pandion on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Get Thee Behind Me ftw. That saves me from some doggy piles of defenders while trying to kill the healer before getting whittled away through sheer number of tiny attacks.....or just 2-3 good hits from a sorc.

Moridin889 on
  • KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Pretty sure my DoK looks better than all of my characters combined at level 10 with tier 2 armor.

I think he will be my main for the time being.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited October 2008
    So on my WH40, I find myself with an extra tactic slot and I'm not sure what to put in it. My top 3 options are +10% parry rate, 414 damage over 9 seconds bleed on a critical, and +15% spirit damage mitigation.

I'm a judgment spec'd Witch Hunter so my main targets are casters, but I find myself mixing it up with melee almost as often, so the parry would really help (as well as help block a bit of damage when being attacked while trying to kill a caster). The parry boost would put my current parry rate up to just under 20% (19.7%).

The crit bleed does decent damage, but I think my damage output is already good enough, its my defense that lacks.

Spirit damage seems semi-uncommon amongst Destro AFAIK, except for the fact that the popular sorceress spell Pit of Shades is spirit damage and packs a wallop, and with my current gear the tactic would take me from 26% mitigation to 41%, not bad.

Right now I'm leaning towards using the parry boost, while keeping another set with the spirit resist around for sorceress heavy groups.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I'm trying to find a way to improve my performance on my witch hunter.

Is there any way to set Incognito and the Morale abilities to a key instead of having to click them? I find myself not using them in fights because I have to click them and it distracts me from my overall tactics.

I'm inquisition spec, level 17. I use fervor primarily, and confess! whenever it pops, with an occasional razor strike and then finally Burn, Heretic! When I'm up against a healer I'll use Silence the Heretic, if I remember to. I typically remember my detaunt in PvE, less in RVR.

Any tips?

Inx on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So on my WH40, I find myself with an extra tactic slot and I'm not sure what to put in it. My top 3 options are +10% parry rate, 414 damage over 9 seconds bleed on a critical, and +15% spirit damage mitigation.

I'm a judgment spec'd Witch Hunter so my main targets are casters, but I find myself mixing it up with melee almost as often, so the parry would really help (as well as help block a bit of damage when being attacked while trying to kill a caster). The parry boost would put my current parry rate up to just under 20% (19.7%).

The crit bleed does decent damage, but I think my damage output is already good enough, its my defense that lacks.

Spirit damage seems semi-uncommon amongst Destro AFAIK, except for the fact that the popular sorceress spell Pit of Shades is spirit damage and packs a wallop, and with my current gear the tactic would take me from 26% mitigation to 41%, not bad.

Right now I'm leaning towards using the parry boost, while keeping another set with the spirit resist around for sorceress heavy groups.

Out of curiosity, how far back does your Declare Anathema send you?

BlueDestiny on
    edited October 2008
    Uhm, not as far as you might think

About as far back as most other knockbacks, and don't try to use it uphill, good for using downhill though.

GalagaGalaxian on
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Don't do it on a downhill if you are below half health, it can be deadly >.>

Junpei on
  • The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow. No new posts at all here?

Can someone link me the build for WE's to drain AP again, please?

ringswraith on
  • KonovaKonova Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow. No new posts at all here?

Can someone link me the build for WE's to drain AP again, please?

Don't you just spec Treachery if that's part of what you'd like your WE to do?

Konova on
    "It's not murder, it's surprise death!"
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I could've sworn it was going into two of the trees...

ringswraith on