As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MiniPhalla] Mike Phalla's Punch Out!!! (Village Victory!)

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    (Vendal throws a quick right hook before the bell rings)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Aran Ryan? More like Mary, Queen of Scots, mon!

And I'm de best, jus' so yeh know yeh kilted bumbaclut you.

El Skid on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What's up Thornheart?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If you little bastards don't quiet the hell down I swear I will turn this thread around!

But seriously, why all the jibba jabba about pointless shit when you could all be admiring my greatness and my boxing prowess? I am truly the best, there's simply no doubt about it.

The fuck are you, boyo, Mr T?

No, but it seems appropriate to adopt some of his mannerisms as a way of illustrating just how incredible I am, since conventional language is insufficient to the task.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If you little bastards don't quiet the hell down I swear I will turn this thread around!

But seriously, why all the jibba jabba about pointless shit when you could all be admiring my greatness and my boxing prowess? I am truly the best, there's simply no doubt about it.

The fuck are you, boyo, Mr T?

No, but it seems appropriate to adopt some of his mannerisms as a way of illustrating just how incredible I am, since conventional language is insufficient to the task.

I have that same problem!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited October 2008
    What's up Thornheart?

Oh, I was trying to get a punch in before the bell closes. Too many fighters just hug each other when the round's about to end. Like I said, they need to keep it in the locker room.

VThornheart on
  • KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If any o' you had the stones t'face me in the ring, I'd've broken y'into alla yer 2000 fuckin' parts, ya' bitchfuckers. Not one amongst ya' has the guts t'be even called a milk-blooded piss-drinkin' British chickenshit jackoff.

I only got one last thing to say to all you arse-loving, sheep-fucking, potato-hating, motherless sons of unknown fathers, before ya' rotten-eyed scum-sucking dog-blowing pussyfighters bring yer limp-wristed pasty-faced lead-glove-wearing ball-cradling fists into my fuckin' ring, ya' cock-grabbin' corpse-dickers.

FOR FUCKIN' IRELAND!

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
    edited October 2008
    What's up Thornheart?

Oh, I was trying to get a punch in before the bell closes. Too many fighters just hug each other when the round's about to end. Like I said, they need to keep it in the locker room.

I mean like, wazzaapppp?

TheLawinator on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    *DING*

The bell sounded and the referee yelled "TIME!" For the moment, the action stopped.

That is the end of Round 1. Vote is closed. Narration will be up (hopefully) within the half hour/hour.

Goose! on
    edited October 2008
    What's up Thornheart?

I mean like, wazzaapppp?

(ooc: Ohh! =) Not much! Finally moved into my new place, took a bit longer than I thought it would... we also ended up having less money reserves than I thought we would, so it's rather bare in our apartment right now... but I'm doing good! Glad to finally be re-settled. How've you been? =) )

VThornheart on
    edited October 2008
    I only have one thing to say.

I apologize to anyone who might have thought I was even remotely serious with anything I've said at all this whole day.

I tried, on occasion, to slip in posts explaining where I actualy agreed with someone (despite being angry about it), but there you go.

Thanks to those of you who were entertained. *L*

KrataLightblade on
    edited October 2008
    (ooc: I was entertained =) It was good roleplaying =) )

VThornheart on
    edited October 2008
    I think you should have lived, killing you day one is a shame.

TheLawinator on
    edited October 2008
    Who ended up winning the vote, Krata?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I feel kinda bad about it, I originally wanted to go for OS due to the gut but people's sympathies looked like they would get in the way and make it so the vote landed on a probable good guy. :|

I enjoyed the posts, hope you're evil so I don't feel guilty! :D

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Aww infidel! I didn't realize this league was so full of sexy boxers! I don't know why no one wants to join me in the locker room. What two men can't soap each other down anymore?

I know you are secretly voting for me because you love me and I understand.

The bell has now rang. I know just what to do with you. Meet me out back for a good time.

Orange Soda on
    edited October 2008
    Aww infidel! I didn't realize this league was so full of sexy boxers! I don't know why no one wants to join me in the locker room. What two men can't soap each other down anymore?

I know you are secretly voting for me because you love me and I understand.

The bell has now rang. I know just what to do with you. Meet me out back for a good time.

Umm. . . . can I join :?:

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited October 2008
    Fuck yeah! The more the merrier. It will remind me of the time I was a train conductor. :-)

Orange Soda on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So much pink lately

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Allright, so is the fight over? Where do I get my belt?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited October 2008
    Down at the laudromat where you left it.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited October 2008
    D:

Exit stage :arrow:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Round 2: Getting Stronger

day1narfa7.png

The Commissioner had asked the referee to keep an eye on the action in the ring, and if anyone got hurt bad enough, to remove them.

“Otherwise they could prove to be a huge liability for you, me, and the entire WVBA. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let anyone ruin what I've worked so hard to build up!”

Before the fights got started, the Commissioner held a meeting with the entire locker room. Many bitter words were shared. In fact, the meeting almost came to blows. KrataLightBlade stood up and began to speak.

“Lissten. Y'knat cumminere an tell us we ain' fightin' hard enough! We been layin' our lines on the lives ou' there! I've never heard such disrespect in my career!”

The Commissioner looked a hole into Krata and slowly, everyone seated around him slid away. Finally, the Commish held a vote: who was dragging the locker room down the most. Krata had won in a landslide. As he walked out in a fit of anger, the Referee thought he could smell a hint of Guinness on his breath.

“Ladies and Gentlemen it is time for our opening bout of the evening!”

Kuhlmeye climbed into the ring and stood in the red corner, stick in hand, waiting. The bell rang and he began to wave his stick furiously, catching someone in the eye with it. But the match didn't last much longer after that. He lay there, flattened in the ring, unresponsive to the Referee's count. When he came to in the locker room, all he could do was ask:

“Did anyone get the license plate on that truck?!”

Monkeyfeet looked as if he had a few trepidations about entering the ring. But with the threat of disqualification, he relented, and stepped through the ropes. His was perhaps the most valiant match of the evening. However, a sudden spring and a kick and he was on his back. The referee didn't seem to have caught the action, but then immediately began his count. Monkeyfeet was up before 8 but certainly in a stupor. The referee called the match then and there.

TheLawinator was next, and he walked into the ring bravely, his head held high. Perhaps that's why he didn't see the mass of spinning fists coming his way.

Romantic Undead stepped into the ring and found himself dreaming a little dream shortly thereafter. Though he stood after six, the referee called him unfit to continue, ending the fight.

“And now its time for our main event of the evening. Brought to you by the WVBA and Nintendo! So..for the thousands of people in attendance...and for the millions watching around the world. Ladies and gentlemen. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!”

The crowd roared with anticipation. The biggest star of the WVBA stood in the red corner. Opposite him, Kime, a masked man with a dream. As the bell rang, something or rather someone in the crowd seemed to be more interest to Kime than his opponent. He began flexing and pointing. With a swift and explosive uppercut, he soon found himself on the mat.

At the end of the night, the commissioner held conference with his trusted veterans and requested they pick one fighter to eliminate from the WVBA. Someone passed a small, folded up piece of paper to him and he opened it and read. His eyes bulged.

“HIM?! You want me to remove him?! You have GOT to be kidding. No way! Meeting adjourned!”

---

First Round Knockouts
    KrataLightBlade – Aran Ryan, World Circuit forced into retirement
    kuhlmeye – Hoy Quarlow, Dream Circuit rushed out
    TheLawinator – Don Flamenco, Major Circuit Spin fisted
    kime – Masked Muscle, Major Circuit Uppercutted

Incapacitated Fighters
    Monkeyfeet
    Romantic Undead

Incapacitated Fighters may not vote, post, or act until they come to.

All PMs will be going out in due course. Round 2 ends tomorrow night at 11 PM.

Goose! on
    edited October 2008
    I am the MUSCLE, here me roar!

OOOoooOOOoorrrr noooOOooot. . .

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited October 2008
    Hmm... well, it's time to unite the splintered groups. Those with messages to send, send them on over and we'll start kicking the butt of the Dream Circuit.

VThornheart on
    edited October 2008
    Dream Circuit? Mafia led by Mr. Dream?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited October 2008
    That's my guess on it. Looks like Khulmeye was a bad guy, and he was part of it.

Mr. Dream, we're gonna get you suckaaaaaaa!

VThornheart on
    edited October 2008
    I just noticed a missed action, stupid stupid host. Narration will be edited.

EDIT: Narration fixed, so sorry to all.

Goose! on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I hear partridges are a delicious food.

Y/N?

Rainfall on
    edited October 2008
    Letter of Resignation,

Thank you, Goose, for the most fun post restriction I've ever been allowed to play with.

The restaya rat bastards, g'die in a goddamn fire, sheepfuckers!

Signed,
    Aran Ryan
    Your Lovable Enraged Irish Drunk (member of the Redundancy department of Redundancy Incorporated)

KrataLightblade on
    edited October 2008
    Godspeed, fellow stereotype. =(

VThornheart on
    edited October 2008
    All PMs should be out. If you think you should have gotten a PM and have not, let me know.

signgirlround2pp4.jpg
    Round 2 is officially underway!

Goose! on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ooooooo

Well, that sucks a lot. Go bad guys!

ooooO

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited October 2008
    Shut yo' sucka mouth, sucka! Your boss and all your evil friends are gonna join you, real soon. Ohhh yeah.

VThornheart on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Two people got TKO'd but I"m guessing they are not dead.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited October 2008
    Sorry guys, I was took preoccupied with all the sexy men that I might have not sent in any orders last night

Toxic Toys I vote you for sexiest fighter last night.

I am spreadsheeting it so you don't have to count:

Toxic Toys 1
    Everyone Else 0

Orange Soda on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ... that was meant to be Irish?!

Wildcat on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    ... that was meant to be Irish?!

This.

Oats on
    edited October 2008
    Dear Wildcat,

I suck at that particular accent. I was relying almost entirely on sheer rage and insults and the frothing screaming frenzy at the mere suggestion I might be a Scotsman to convey that.

Fuck Everything Fucking Fuckity Fuck,
    Aran Ryan

(Promise, no more ghostposting.)

KrataLightblade on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I fo' one got lots o' sympat-y fo' de scottish guy. It pretty 'ard to post in a strange accent all de time, now.

Even when you de best, mon!

El Skid on