As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fable II: Buy the DLC, or the lead designer gets it.

• BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Triple B wrote: »
    I have a question for those who have beaten the game.

I just
    won the Crucible, and the main questline has started to take on an air of finality. Maybe I'm just imagining shit, but I'm feeling like the game is getting ready to end.

Please tell me I am wrong and there are still many hours of fun to be had.
    many hours of fun still, especially if you do side quests, but you're right that something dramatic is soon

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    Triple B wrote: »
    I have a question for those who have beaten the game.

I just
    won the Crucible, and the main questline has started to take on an air of finality. Maybe I'm just imagining shit, but I'm feeling like the game is getting ready to end.

Please tell me I am wrong and there are still many hours of fun to be had.
    many hours of fun still, especially if you do side quests, but you're right that something dramatic is soon

Ah, good stuff. Thank you, kind sir. *heroic pose*

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Please add me to the list too

Majestic Goat - AiroValeth

Majestic Goat on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, does anyone know where the gargoyles in Bloodstone are? I'm missing one, I've checked the whole town and I can't even hear the last one I'm missing.

Edit: nevermind, I found a walkthrough

AnteCantelope on
  • Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there a way to complete the archaeology quest after
    The ending choise where you pick something else, instead of resurrecting your family and dog
    or am I totally fucked and have to start another character to complete?

Majestic Goat on
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Probably fucked, but I couldn't say for sure.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • seancseanc Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    2z4wpb8.jpg

This is the guy that wrecks everyone's shit, steals your wives, and buys your property out from under you.

Maybe I can manage a better pic tomorrow.

Wow, your dog is really golden, is your char very good/pure? Maybe the black/grey color of mine has to do with the "morally grey area" I exist in :P

seanc on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    HAHA!! Crucible in 515 seconds, maxing my character's skills along the way!

AnteCantelope on
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I did a run through of the cruicible where all I did was consume +xp potions and food.

Thank you x5 multiplier.

I now have 400k gen xp left over after maxing everything, and about 10k in each of the other areas.

MrIamMe on
  • wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    seanc wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    2z4wpb8.jpg

This is the guy that wrecks everyone's shit, steals your wives, and buys your property out from under you.

Maybe I can manage a better pic tomorrow.

Wow, your dog is really golden, is your char very good/pure? Maybe the black/grey color of mine has to do with the "morally grey area" I exist in :P

Yeah, my dog turned golden lab color right after I got probably 75% good or so? It's not just purity, but it could be both I don't know.

By the way, that character?

THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!!!

Hehe, I married "Jen the Housewife". I wonder how that feels, everyone in town is in love with the guy who stole your wife.

Edit: :^::^: on thread title

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I ended up buying the castle last night. I have to say it was an interesting little turn of events after buying it.

RedDawn on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What do I have to do to get the gates in Fairfax Gardens to open?

captaink on
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arasaki will do co-op!

I also have about 5 Lucien dolls if anyone needs them. I buggered up on that character and
    didn't get the laugh expression before slaughtering the Light Monks, and as I am full evil I don't really have much recourse to getting the Completionist achievement :(

Arasaki on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Where would one get these dolls that everybody is trading?

Samphis on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Samphis wrote: »
    Where would one get these dolls that everybody is trading?
    I got my two Luciens (which I'd be happy to trade to someone who needs them) from the shooting range in Westfield as a second prize.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Please add me to the list too

Majestic Goat - AiroValeth
    Awesome, can you add me to the list

DozingDragon - DozingDragon

Making a note of these so I can do it when I get home from work. Much easier there than here.

Also, it upsets me being on msn here at work and seeing people at home playing Fable 2 :(
    Besides that though? Not bad at all. I would even say I prefer it to Fable 1, another game that I liked and hated at the same time.

You don't know what this means to me, Xeno. I'm thinking of putting it in the OP.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Quick question.

I'm about to
    head out to the Spire
    and I'd like to finish up some quests first.

So I'd like to know if
    there are a finite number of 'Rescue the Slaves' quests or if they just keep on coming indefinitely.

WotanAnubis on
    edited October 2008
    Quick question.

I'm about to
    head out to the Spire
    and I'd like to finish up some quests first.

So I'd like to know if
    there are a finite number of 'Rescue the Slaves' quests or if they just keep on coming indefinitely.
    I haven't run out and I've done about a dozen.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    Speaking about the celery, my character is no longer fat. 8-)8-)

Is there anywhere other than Bowerstone Market to get this stuff? I spent like "8 weeks" last night trying to get my character thinner, and the bitch just kept running out of celery. Very annoying.

Also, for example, if I go to a bookstore and I see "Dog Treasure Hunting Part I" is there any way at all to know if I've actually already bought that before or not? I'm pretty sure i've bought some of the same things like 4 times now, pretty goddamn frustrating.

Wavechaser on
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    All the food produce dudes in all towns sell celery.

Also question about The Archaeologist:
    I'm on the 4th (one after the cemetary) search but have no idea where I'm meant to go. Say's I need to go to the place of birth, life and rebirth.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
    edited October 2008
    If anyone can do a melee chain on command: How the fuck? I just want to know. I've tried everything.

I finally figured it out last night.

Basically you need to tap X at the end of your previous sword swing, once you start it up and get around 5 to 8 swings it starts speeding up and you have to tap a lot faster. Sometimes it is really hard to do when you are in the middle of like 12 guys, but once you get the steady tap down to start it, it's pretty each to start a chain.

...that is of course until a mob decides to block you... ugh.

Oh hey, i'm Wavechaser48 on Xbox live for co-op if I can get added to the list.

Thanks.

Wavechaser on
    edited October 2008
    Domhnall wrote: »

I'm on the 4th (one after the cemetary) search but have no idea where I'm meant to go. Say's I need to go to the place of birth, life and rebirth.

I've only found a produce dude in Bowerstone. I wish they would improve on this map function because finding anything other than a weapon stall, is a joke.

Wavechaser on
    edited October 2008
    In Bopwerstone there's one outside the furniture shop, assume that's the one you're using. In Oakfield there's one around the farm wood chopping job sign. The better the economy of a place the more celery the food produce guy will stock because they'll have one piece for each star rating.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    btw, they have a "fix" for the LE's that didn't get a download card now:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/games/fable2/default.htm

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
    edited October 2008

Have you done the quest with the Abbot in Oakfield yet? The clue is talking about something that features pretty heavily in that quest.

OptimusZed on

edited October 2008
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Have you done the quest with the Abbot in Oakfield yet? The clue is talking about something that features pretty heavily in that quest.

Spoilers up to the very end (not end game).
    I'm not entirely sure. I've done the Hero of Strength part, I've saved the Temple of Light from the Shadow attack killing Grim in the process and after the ten year gap I bought the Temple of Light. Are there more Light quests? I have a habit of skipping the pre-quest conversations because they take an age. :/

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Hi, I'd like to know roughly how long the main questline is. A friend of mine bought Fable II on friday and finished it yesterday. He doesn't play games fast at all so that tells me it's probably 5-6 hours, he couldn't tell how long he had played either.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    bombboy wrote: »

Yeah, my code will be emailed to me... in 10 business days. Everyone I know who has the regular edition of the game is entering their email address as well. Between that and the fact that they're giving away the pub games for free... what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

Kate of Lokys on
    edited October 2008
    In Bopwerstone there's one outside the furniture shop, assume that's the one you're using. In Oakfield there's one around the farm wood chopping job sign. The better the economy of a place the more celery the food produce guy will stock because they'll have one piece for each star rating.

Thanks!

Wavechaser on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Where are they giving out the pub games for free?

Samphis on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Yeah, my code will be emailed to me... in 10 business days. Everyone I know who has the regular edition of the game is entering their email address as well. Between that and the fact that they're giving away the pub games for free... what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

A making of DVD.

Basically a standard "Limited Edition" game. Generally speaking most don't come with anything more then that.

Zerokku on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Honk wrote: »
    Hi, I'd like to know roughly how long the main questline is. A friend of mine bought Fable II on friday and finished it yesterday. He doesn't play games fast at all so that tells me it's probably 5-6 hours, he couldn't tell how long he had played either.

The main questline is not very long at all, and if you stick to it you'll finish the game pretty fast. On the other hand, the main quest isn't really the point of Fable II... it's that you can just spend hours and hours screwing around and just enjoy the world and all there is to do in it.

I easily logged about 30 hours of playtime before finishing it myself, and now I'm playing through it again, because things are different as a char of opposite alignment and gender. :D

Toxic Pickle on
    edited October 2008
    Oh, and thanks to whoever was suggesting to use the Raise Dead spell in order to distract enemies. :^:

It made things sooooo much easier. Level 2 raise dead, charge up to level 5 time stop, run around and wreck everyone's shit or sit in the back and blow their heads off.

Seriously, the raise dead trick kicks ass.

Wavechaser on
  • Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zerokku wrote: »

A making of DVD.

Basically a standard "Limited Edition" game. Generally speaking most don't come with anything more then that.
    Which is why I don't normally bother buying limited edition versions. This one, however, was advertised as having more stuff. Not only was the bonus stuff not present, not only do I need to wait two weeks after buying the game to get it, but now, they're giving it away to other people.

I think I have a right to be a little ticked off.

Kate of Lokys on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    .. what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

Neat-o box art?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Spoilers up to the very end (not end game).
    I'm not entirely sure. I've done the Hero of Strength part, I've saved the Temple of Light from the Shadow attack killing Grim in the process and after the ten year gap I bought the Temple of Light. Are there more Light quests? I have a habit of skipping the pre-quest conversations because they take an age. :/

Then you've got the part that you need. When you're walking through Oakfield on the way to the temple the first time, Theresa chimes in with the story about the golden Acorn and how it dies and is reborn every few decades. Head to that part of Oakfield and your dog should freak out and start running toward a dig spot.

OptimusZed on

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Honk wrote: »

The main questline is not very long at all, and if you stick to it you'll finish the game pretty fast. On the other hand, the main quest isn't really the point of Fable II... it's that you can just spend hours and hours screwing around and just enjoy the world and all there is to do in it.

I easily logged about 30 hours of playtime before finishing it myself, and now I'm playing through it again, because things are different as a char of opposite alignment and gender. :D

Okay, that sounds better. I guess he just rushed through it, I'll check it out then!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited October 2008
    Thanks, Zed. Much appreciated.

I was about to go on a tour of the second half of the game hoping my dog would eventually find it...which he never would have.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fuck. I have FO3 sitting at home, but I haven't finished this yet... Like, at all. Now begs the question: Finish this or start on FO3.

I know I should finish this but... FUCKING FALLOUT3! I've been waiting since two or three days after Fallout 2.

urahonky on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zerokku wrote: »

A making of DVD.

Which is why I don't normally bother buying limited edition versions. This one, however, was advertised as having more stuff. Not only was the bonus stuff not present, not only do I need to wait two weeks after buying the game to get it, but now, they're giving it away to other people.

I think I have a right to be a little ticked off.

That sucks. Any chance the people who didn't buy the LE won't get the stuff? Also, they should've dropped the price down. I paid £40 for mine, and that's basically the same as the standard edition.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
This discussion has been closed.