As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have now a friend and a very forward looking future in art, huzzah yay for mustanggggg everybody wins.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    X box 360 on ebay for $140.

Should i get it?

DeeLock on
    edited October 2008
    No because it will get red ring in 2 days, Then you will be sad and ask them to help fix it. And then you'll regret paying 140 dollars for crap.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ehhhh, the whole RROD would turn me off buying a second hand Xbox.........then again, is it still under warranty?

Mustang on
    edited October 2008
    It sounds too good to be true...link

full warranty, free shipping, controller, sounds legit...

DeeLock on
    edited October 2008
    *Buys XBOX*
    Yeah someone bought it.

I kid, I see why it's so cheap, it's a core system. Which = no backwards compatibility and no harddrive. If your keen to fork out for a hard drive and not play old xbox 1 games, then by all means, seller looks legit enough.

Mustang on
    edited October 2008
    DeeLock wrote: »
    It sounds too good to be true...link

full warranty, free shipping, controller, sounds legit...

Yes it sounds too good to be true scroll down to the fact where it basically sais "LEAVE ONLY POSITIVE FEEDBACK OR WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND SLIT YOUR THROAT"

then proceed to the mindless feedback and one guy being like "meh there was no hard drive but uh IT WAS GREAT!!!!"

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited October 2008
    Screw this, not getting one.

DeeLock on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Check out my buddy Andres' stuff!
    sk11.jpg

bear2.jpg

aflas2.jpg

sk1.jpg

That's him at the bottom of the last picture.

Godfather on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So cool.

desperaterobots on
  • r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    your buddies stuff is pretty rad godfather. what does he do for a living?

r-jasper on
    edited October 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    *Buys XBOX*
    Yeah someone bought it.

I kid, I see why it's so cheap, it's a core system. Which = no backwards compatibility and no harddrive. If your keen to fork out for a hard drive and not play old xbox 1 games, then by all means, seller looks legit enough.

Not to be picky, but if you buy a hardrive then you would be able to play old games. And a cheap console + cheap hdd is still something of a bargain.

desperaterobots on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    How come there isn't any awesome 2D animation like this anymore?

John K talks about the lack of good animation nowadays on his blog. At length.
    is this that musical that damon albarn was working on

This was basically the branding of the BBC's coverage of the Olympics this year - it was on TV over here a lot, along with shorter versions between ad-breaks etc.

Jamie Hewlett was the director and Albarn did the music. A very nice bit of work!

Also -- grats to Sub, Prox and Mustang!

Grenn on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PROX wrote: »
    grats sub!

Hey guys, I just got asked in for a 2nd interview for a full time 3d modeling positioN!

GOOD VIBES ALL AROUND!

Congrats!! That's totally awesome.

Don't mean to be nosy or whatever, but I just gotta ask, like, was it hard? They ALWAYS warn me that everyone wants to be a character modeler and everyone who gets hired is CRAZY good so to go for something else. So I am very impressed. :D

Kochikens on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    It may be awesome, but that guy's got one of the biggest ego's out there.

He has a giant ego because he's a giant genius.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    NEVER MIND

winter_combat_knight on
    edited October 2008
    r-jasper wrote: »
    your buddies stuff is pretty rad godfather. what does he do for a living?

Nothing actually. He's a first year student in my group.

He's also from Columbia, and his buddy owns his own studio. I'm thinking that as soon as he graduates he'll start working there.

Godfather on
    edited October 2008
    damn. that's insane? how old is this guy?

r-jasper on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I saw flaming goat vagina's at first scan.........my brain is sometimes odd.

i read it this way too!
    hi-five for vaginas!

hi-five to everyone present for vaginas!

YEEEEAAAAAH!!!

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

beavotron on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    NOT that I am complaining... but people so rarely high-five for penises these days. o_O

Grenn on
    edited October 2008
    Large Bone Worm Organism

Loomdun on
    splat
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    I saw flaming goat vagina's at first scan.........my brain is sometimes odd.

i read it this way too!
    hi-five for vaginas!

hi-five to everyone present for vaginas!

YEEEEAAAAAH!!!

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

I'd recommend Alcoholics Anonymous if it wasn't such a load of horseshit.

Godfather wrote: »
    Check out my buddy Andres' stuff!
    sk11.jpg

bear2.jpg

aflas2.jpg

sk1.jpg

That's him at the bottom of the last picture.

Is he Hispanic or European by any chance? It seems to me they're the ones keeping that kind of style alive.

Tam on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If Beavs was drinking 4 hours ago then... it wasn't very nice of her not to share her bloody mary and/or Screwdriver.

Prospicience on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    How come there isn't any awesome 2D animation like this anymore?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vN6NtWw5nmY
    Well...this cartoon is disturbing ([edit]: not disturbing to me, actually, just stupid) and not even very funny or entertaining to watch.

Anyways, I don't know...I felt like the cartoons I watched weren't that bad. The most modern ones are awful, yeah. But about 8-10 years ago they weren't too bad.

Penises are better. Way better.

I'm starting to think my feet are broader proportionally to their length than the average person, because shoes feel too narrow when they're longer than they need to be. Stupid shoe companies.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Last night as I was getting off the train, this girl asked me if she could use my celphone to call the police. She had the most interesting conversation I've ever overheard:

"Yes, hello? I would like to file a complaint.... his name is John....... last name? I don't know, I met him on the internet!........becaaaaause, he posted naked pictures of me on the internet without my permission! Also, he keeps calling me, saying dirty things calling me a whore and such, I'm no whore, I'm a lady, godammit!!!"

MagicToaster on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    haha wtf

earthwormadam on
    edited October 2008
    Last night as I was getting off the train, this girl asked me if she could use my celphone to call the police. She had the most interesting conversation I've ever overheard:

"Yes, hello? I would like to file a complaint.... his name is John....... last name? I don't know, I met him on the internet!........becaaaaause, he posted naked pictures of me on the internet without my permission! Also, he keeps calling me, saying dirty things calling me a whore and such, I'm no whore, I'm a lady, godammit!!!"
    whaaaaa....

I want a burrito so bad you don't even know how bad I want a burrito I will kill someone but that's beside the point that I want a burrito so bad.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mustang you should be watching flapjack! It is p good.

Bedlam on
    edited October 2008
    My plan is working flawlessly, soon. Srizzy shall act exactly like me. Then I shall trade off my talking style and instantly be absorbed into society. Perrrrrfecttt.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    NOOOOOOOOoooOOo!

earthwormadam on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It'll never work Loomdun.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited October 2008
    ho ho hooooooo *plays with handlebar moustache*

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited October 2008
    loomdunnnn I don't know what you're talking about but oh my god I still really want a burrito with guacamole and sour cream and salsa and beans and cheese and chicken and just oozing out of tortilla into my mouthhhhhh, yummmmmm.

actually come to think of it maybe I'll just have some ramen and eggs.

OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENINNNNNNNNG?!

srsizzy on
    edited October 2008
    r-jasper wrote: »
    damn. that's insane? how old is this guy?

Who, Andres (the guy whose work I posted)? 20/21 I believe.

I have no idea how old his friend is, but apparently standards are quite high in Columbia.

Godfather on
    edited October 2008
    Holy shit. This guy must be some kind of retard. This is at a fancy private school here. Seriously, watch the video, it is so fucking awkward.

It's Official: 16 Year Olds Very Stupid

0,,6325681,00.jpg

desperaterobots on
    edited October 2008
    I've got 20 bucks that says he was trying to impress some chick who was way the fuck out of his league and another 20 that says he his penis size is below the national average.

Mustang on
    edited October 2008
    lol. "don't be rude!" hahaha so glad i didn't end up going to highschool in perth :P

r-jasper on
    edited October 2008
    Guys, please please watch this:

http://www.mytopclip.com/play.php?vid=882

Tam on
    edited October 2008
    Srsizzy... Please. You are being a disturbance to these goooood people.

I could not watch that video, I stopped 30 seconds in. It was far to painful to listen to such a thing. But today I had a amazing model. She stood still and had great poses for once unlike my last one who would not hold still. Being a human anatomy class and not life drawing, we dont really have many model studies. So it was a nice change from the tedious studying of bone and muscle structure, to just simply analyzing and drawing.

Also, I watched the video Tam linked. That is amazing.

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited October 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    Srsizzy... Please. You are being a disturbance to these goooood people.

I could not watch that video, I stopped 30 seconds in. It was far to painful to listen to such a thing. But today I had a amazing model. She stood still and had great poses for once unlike my last one who would not hold still. Being a human anatomy class and not life drawing, we dont really have many model studies. So it was a nice change from the tedious studying of bone and muscle structure, to just simply analyzing and drawing.

Seriously, stop posting. Where's the goddamn two weeks limit? Go the hell away.

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.