As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here's a little story I got to tell

13»

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Langly wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    Man, the recent podcast of this american life, how to win friends and influence people, was pretty awesome. had interesting stories by paul feig and david sedaris, then this one kinda cool, kinda sad story about a guy who dresses up in a homemade superman costume every chance he gets after his wife died.

I heard this! That story was really cool. The short story about dating Lois Lane was also very good. i actually thought it was one of the better superman stories I had heard in a while.

I know it's not story production, but I really like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and the world. It's nice to get news that doesn't focus entirely on domestic events, but when it does, they report in unique ways. All Things Considered had a running report called the Road To Ruin that I thought was very well done. The two reporters drove across the country and interviewed people at their houses about the financial crises.

Also Fresh Air is clutch. Her interview last night was very good.

oh man, that story of the pudgy guy dating lois lane and becoming superman's sidekick was amazing. superman is a dick.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    Things that I love:

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
    Prairie Home Companion
    Wiretap
    The Vinyl Cafe
    This American Life
    The Writer's Almanac
    Radiolab

I can't believe no one else has mentioned Radiolab, actually. I know it doesn't come on every day, or even every week, but it is one of the best shows.

Radiolab is an excellent show and they will be airing new episodes, soon. It's greatly informative, particularly if you aren't a sciency type, but still entertaining if you are.

I also recommend Talk of the Nation: Science Friday for more science goodness.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i am totally excited for halloween. i'm gonna listen to the war of the worlds, followed by the fall of the house of usher, and then i'm going to start in on dracula until i'm too wasted to continue.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Langly wrote: »
    Man, the recent podcast of this american life, how to win friends and influence people, was pretty awesome. had interesting stories by paul feig and david sedaris, then this one kinda cool, kinda sad story about a guy who dresses up in a homemade superman costume every chance he gets after his wife died.

I heard this! That story was really cool. The short story about dating Lois Lane was also very good. i actually thought it was one of the better superman stories I had heard in a while.

I know it's not story production, but I really like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and the world. It's nice to get news that doesn't focus entirely on domestic events, but when it does, they report in unique ways. All Things Considered had a running report called the Road To Ruin that I thought was very well done. The two reporters drove across the country and interviewed people at their houses about the financial crises.

Also Fresh Air is clutch. Her interview last night was very good.

oh man, that story of the pudgy guy dating lois lane and becoming superman's sidekick was amazing. superman is a dick.

when he mentioned Child's Play in the beginning, I got all geeked out and was like omigosh I talk on that place's message boards!

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Futore wrote: »
    Lit2Go's reading of "The Masque of the Red Death" got to be horrifying. The narrator does it well.

I went into my bathroom and stood in the middle with the lights off and my eyes closed, imagining things. It is such a fun way to get yourself scared. I recommend doing this. go do this. now.

Listened to it as I was laying in bed before I fell asleep.

Holy shit so good

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!