As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Front page ad is, uh...

DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
I was on the main page and the horizontal banner's got a line-up of naked male torsos hiding their junk with various sized hats and the tagline "Are you the size of an average man?" or something. Clicking on the page led to this URL http://www[.]naturomax[.]com/ (minus the brackets, obviously). It's a male-enhancement pill website, and no, it does not appear to be some sort of strange marketing tie-in to some video game. So what the almighty fuck is it doing getting ad space on the site?

DarkPrimus on

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fifty or sixty refreshes gave me four or five ads and none of them were that. I suspect you have some sort of adware on your computer.

Smasher on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was at someone else's house when it happened, so that could be possible.

I should probably install something over there, they have kids...

DarkPrimus on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Maybe the ghost of Tube is dropping hints.

ben0207 on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ben0207 wrote: »

I remember him being more blunt.

Henroid on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Henroid wrote: »

Next banner ad you see is just a quote from Tube.

"Your package is small and unsatisfying."
    -Tube

KalTorak on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I was on the main page and the horizontal banner's got a line-up of naked male torsos hiding their junk with various sized hats and the tagline "Are you the size of an average man?" or something. Clicking on the page led to this URL http://www[.]naturomax[.]com/ (minus the brackets, obviously). It's a male-enhancement pill website, and no, it does not appear to be some sort of strange marketing tie-in to some video game. So what the almighty fuck is it doing getting ad space on the site?
    Yeah... That's not us.

Spybot S&D?

Älphämönkëy on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I am going to install that on the computer next time I am over there, alphamonkey.

DarkPrimus on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

Next banner ad you see is just a quote from Tube.

"Your package is small and unsatisfying."
    -Tube
    Yeah, a lot of words come to mind when talking about Tube, "Subtle" though, is not one of them.

see317 on