As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to advertise myself?

GirlPantsGirlPants Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So recently I got it in my head that I wanted to be a guitar teacher. I'm really good and I know a lot of theory and am confident I could teach others. So I went down to the local rec center and asked them to start a program for me. This is in the works. I also made business cards and put them at my local guitar center. I am wondering though, what other ways can I advertise myself to generate students? I'm new to this whole idea so it's a bit scary.

GirlPants on

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Print out a page with your contact information on it, and little tabs for people to tear off with your phone number and name on it. Place these at record stores, instrument dealers, and any other place you can think of. Profit.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Spend a couple bucks a day on localized Google AdWords text ads.

If you don't know how to make your own AdWord ads, it's pretty simple, and google provides great documentation to get you started. It might be more money than it is worth to have a company do it for you.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Ask Tube, he teaches guitar.

Buy yeah, I would guess posters on notice boards in colleges and schools and youth centers and music shops and even just local grocery stores then an ad in the classified setion of your local press. I know my sister does music tuition and most of her current students are actually just word of mouth - get one or two students and then they/their mum will spread the word.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Newspapers aren't a bad way to go, either. People still browse these, especially the parent types looking for bargains. You can run a classified ad, or maybe just an normal ol' ad depending on your budget.

I ran a tennis camp years back and got a fair bit of interest by running an ad with some clipart in the local paper.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf