As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Blip-hop

oneuponeup Registered User new member
edited October 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hello Penny Arcade, I recorded a couple song demos that gamers might appreciate. Ummmmm... not entirely safe for work. Thanks for listening, hope you like them.

http://www.myspace.com/0n3up

Edited: here are the links on a non-Myspace page.

Princess Must Die
PWND (d3m0)

oneup on

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    1 line + link does not a good thread make.

Tav on
  • oneuponeup Registered User new member
    edited October 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    1 line + link does not a good thread make.

Okey dokey. More information then? I wrote the songs as a joke, my friend is filming a webseries and wanted some original music. There are two songs on the Myspace page, one is a hyperbolic parody of hip-hop smack talk in a Halo and WoW setting, the other is a condemnation of a cheating girlfriend set in the Mario universe.

Hopefully that pushes the thread closer toward good-ness.

oneup on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Do you have a link to the actual song on a server instead of a myspace link? I think myspace links are normally frowned upon. Also, are you looking for C&C or just whoring (for lack of better words... because that's really what it is) out your stuff?

Prospicience on
    edited October 2008
    Do you have a link to the actual song on a server instead of a myspace link? I think myspace links are normally frowned upon. Also, are you looking for C&C or just whoring (for lack of better words... because that's really what it is) out your stuff?

I updated the original thread with links. Thanks for the advice.

I am whoring it out, but interested in constructive criticism (is that what C&C is?). So both, I guess.

oneup on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oneup wrote: »

I updated the original thread with links. Thanks for the advice.

I am whoring it out, but interested in constructive criticism (is that what C&C is?). So both, I guess.

Awesome, and yeah that's what I meant... I guess I've had D&D on my mind today for some reason and it rolled over...

Prospicience on
  • firegolemfiregolem Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i like it a lot.

nice lyrics and vocal styles. Just thought the vocals were too held back. needs a bit more power (not loudness iukwim)

firegolem on
    I got nothing to sitewhore. Go here instead: www.nmcf.co.za
    edited October 2008
    firegolem wrote: »
    i like it a lot.

nice lyrics and vocal styles. Just thought the vocals were too held back. needs a bit more power (not loudness iukwim)

Cool, thanks a lot. I appreciate the feedback. I'll play with a more powerful delivery.

oneup on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think theres something in this that most gamers would find funny.

winter_combat_knight on