As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Eh, what happened was my house was probably going to be sold and some things happened and they decided not to. And I edited the post because I was talking about the video desperaterobots was posting. Not the one you where posting, to what was discovered was actually really interesting.

Fineeee I'll leave though sheeeeesh bye

Loomdun on
    splat
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Holy crap, have you guys seen michael jacksons new look? He must be planning a 2009 world tour or something. He actually looks pretty decent ;)
    124wi8g.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm guessing that winky means you're being sarcastic because that picture is shopped to all hell

Tam on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This is pretty cool:

Test your colour IQ: http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77

Lower score is better.

Grenn on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tam!!

Thank you for posting that video. I'm doing a research paper about neuroplasticity and this will be a good resource.

lyrium on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I got 8. Is that good? I'm not sure.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just found out you can animate in Photoshop. None of you told me...

Untitled-1.gif

Edit:Transparency, lol!

NeoRedXIII on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    In Cs3, they added an animation window.

MagicToaster on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think my eyes started to bleed after awhile. Then half the colors ended up looking the same and I had to stop. :\

NightDragon on
  • NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I got 6.

Edit: 0 the second try.

NeoRedXIII on
    edited October 2008

Anything under 10 is very good! Human pantone book! I got 3, which ain't bad at all...

It does make your eyes crazy... Easy way to do it -- if you're sorting blue and green, for instance, very quickly move everything that appears obviously blue to one side, and everything green to the other and then sort them out in seperate little batches rather than trying to focus on the whole row of hues.

Also, if you quickly glance at the row in your peripheral vision, hues which are in the wrong place sort of jump out a bit more, making them easy to sort. 8-)

Grenn on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    it also helps if you unfocus your eyes a little bit.

i would probably have done better if i wasn't on this shitty lcd monitor, but i'm satisfied regardless

Orikaeshigitae on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Grenn wrote: »

Anything under 10 is very good! Human pantone book! I got 3, which ain't bad at all...

It does make your eyes crazy... Easy way to do it -- if you're sorting blue and green, for instance, very quickly move everything that appears obviously blue to one side, and everything green to the other and then sort them out in seperate little batches rather than trying to focus on the whole row of hues.

Also, if you quickly glance at the row in your peripheral vision, hues which are in the wrong place sort of jump out a bit more, making them easy to sort. 8-)

I did this a while back, I think I got 96. But, I remember getting bored with it extremely quick haha.

Prospicience on
  • sleepdeamonsleepdeamon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Your score: 4
    Age range: 20-29
    Best score for your gender and age range: 0
    Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

huh that quiz was pretty cool, first try, it strained the crap out of my eyes though

sleepdeamon on
    10552_2e7269f1a1ee28e0.png
    edited October 2008
    I think this test requires an excellent monitor to be able to distinguish the subtle hue changes.

MagicToaster on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I got a 4 as well. Seemed pretty easy. If something wasn't in the right area, it looked wrong.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

earthwormadam on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think this test requires an excellent monitor to be able to distinguish the subtle hue changes.

I like the way you approach this!

Edit: scored 6

no_toast on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    dear fucking lord i want a 21" cintiq

which organs can I sell to make the most money for the lowest number of years off my life expectancy

Evil Multifarious on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    We have bigass Cintiqs at our school.

They're heavenly.

Kochikens on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kochikens wrote: »
    We have bigass Cintiqs at our school.

They're heavenly.

I would seriously consider stealing one if they were more portable.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited October 2008
    no_toast wrote: »

No toast, as my toast brother you are here by obligated by your breaded blood line to pass on to me any and all documentation (provided that it is not too much of a bother) regarding monitors.

No, seriously, I'm very interested in looking at the technical side of displays beyond what I've been taught so far. Help?

MagicToaster on
  • r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    * Your score: 11
    * Age range: 16-19
    * Best score for your gender and age range: 0
    * Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

r-jasper on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh man, great costume... or greatest costume?

Prospicience on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm hungry! My liquid breakfast drink was in no way satisfying. It was more of a lubricant if anything.

I bought supplies to make some magnets to sell at my exhibition! And badges! Woooo, crafts!

meanwhile, my work is decked-the-fuck-out with halloweeny shit. I hate you, America!

desperaterobots on
    edited October 2008
    i'd lean towards greatest costume ;)

also what the DR it's only like 8 am over there! D:

r-jasper on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    no_toast wrote: »

No toast, as my toast brother you are here by obligated by your breaded blood line to pass on to me any and all documentation (provided that it is not too much of a bother) regarding monitors.

No, seriously, I'm very interested in looking at the technical side of displays beyond what I've been taught so far. Help?

I'll get back to you on this one, I promise!

no_toast on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I scored an 8, which is better than I expected. Did anyone think there was a rogue block in the cyan / purple range that just didn't seem to fit anywhere?

Mustang on
    edited October 2008
    i thought there was rough block in that blue to green area. but then again i didn't do all to well :P

argh! i'm so fraking hungry buit there is nothing to eat in my house :(

r-jasper on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    r-jasper wrote: »
    i'd lean towards greatest costume ;)

also what the DR it's only like 8 am over there! D:

Yeah, my work has been giving me really shitty hours. I've had to get up at 5.30 the last few days to start work for 6.30am. This is after staying up til midnight working on my art. I am a very tired chap.

desperaterobots on
    edited October 2008
    fuck that! :P lol, i thought my tafe work load was bad!

r-jasper on
    edited October 2008
    Oh my. I just figured out how to tether my unlimited data access phone to my computer for wireless internet on the go. Oh my.

I took the time to do it because my uni network shut me down for taking up too much bandwidth watching movies. And I was 2/3 way through the Clone Wars! Bastards. Unfortunately, it's not very fast. More useful for internet browsing since I don't have a wireless card. Not useful for downloading or buffering video.

My uni network has a download speed of 8.5MB. D:!

btw, this movie is an abomination.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited October 2008
    I gathered as much, but I still have to watch it, George Lucas has an evil grip on my soul. I just dropped $35 on Indiana Jones and the Stupid Alien Plot, even though it has a stupid alien plot.

Mustang on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I laughed pretty damn hard at this.

NightDragon on
    edited October 2008
    I fully approve of Pedo Bears mad victim selection skillz.

Mustang on
    edited October 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    I just dropped $35 on Indiana Jones and the Stupid Alien Plot, even though it has a stupid alien plot.
    I greatly enjoyed everything but the ending. It was a wild and fun romp of a movie.

srsizzy on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Mustang wrote: »
    I just dropped $35 on Indiana Jones and the Stupid Alien Plot, even though it has a stupid alien plot.
    I greatly enjoyed everything but the ending. It was a wild and fun romp of a movie.

I greatly enjoyed earlier drafts of the script where half the shit in that movie made some damn sense and the alien plot was more reasonable.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited October 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    btw, this movie is an abomination.

Good.

I hope Lucas continues to ruin, dilute and devalue his own license(s) until he is brought down to his knees and dies and poor and lonely man.

Then thousands of voices will all cry out across the globe and say, "That's for ruining my childhood you chinless prick."

As a former massive star wars fan (rebel alliance tattoo, books, the works...) it was quite a turning point in my life the day I realised that George Lucas is a monumental idiot.

Grenn on
    edited October 2008
    That just goes to show you... the power of idiots and how they make money.

MagicToaster on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well... As of today I'm virtually finished with school.

And, you know...

... It's not that great.

Flay on
This discussion has been closed.