As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MiniPhalla] Mike Phalla's Punch Out!!! (Village Victory!)

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What the herr I tried to crimb up a hirr but I ferr down

/Ze palm of ze face

crimsoncoyote on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What the herr I tlied to crimb up a hirr but I ferr down

Fixed.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    No, Oats, I don't think you're a good guy. I've felt suspicious of you all game, suckaaa!

I think there's some chance you might be, but my gut tells me you aren't.

Unlike last night, where my gut ended up telling me he was likely a good guy (though I had my suspicions at first). With you, my suspicions remain firm.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am leaving for a party in 5 minutes so I guess I have to make a choice.

!oats because if he is good then we have targets for tomorrow.

If he is bad. Go us

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited October 2008
    My sentiments exactly.

VThornheart on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don' like trusteeng zese peeple, vwe put zem to test! Zen puncha lightz out or let leeve.

!Oat

Doxa on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think there's a few votes out there I don't have yet.

I want to see more red, people.

Oats on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Poor Oats. If you weren't mafia I might feel sorry for you, even.

Rainfall on
    edited October 2008
    (To the tune of "Do you Hear the People Sing?")

(Red!)

The blood of angry Mike Tyson

(Black!)

The dark of Phallas past

(Red!)

I Read he chewed someone's ear off once

(Black!)

The vote's on him at laaaaaast!

(brief interlude, followed by a bridge to the chorus...

... wait for it...)

Will you join in our crusade, come on along: don't be a fool
    Within the boxing ring, is there a world you long to rule?
    Then join in the vote that will kill one bad guy, maybe two!

(Now, for the chorus! All together now!)

Do you hear Mike Tyson whine
    Like he don't know what it's about
    It is the whining of a person who will soon be voted out
    Do you hear Mike Tyson whine
    Say, can you hear the distant bell
    When the round's over, the bad guys will burn in hell

VThornheart on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Oats, you lack discipline! Your ear-biting days are over and the true champion will rise to take your place!

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited October 2008
    I has voted for ze Oats, da? Zere ve go.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

The round is nearly through!

Goose! on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I voted for oats all ready right?

I got nothing else to add except for I'm king of the world!

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    *DING*

End of Round 3. Voting is closed.

Goose! on
  • dawningphoenixdawningphoenix Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Gah, just missed voting.

rargh

dawningphoenix on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You're too slow on your feet son.

Toxic Toys on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Take your time, don't screw up again.

In other words I declare that the narration should not be bottompaged

Dac Vin on
    edited October 2008
    Does zat mean I should post?

crimsoncoyote on
    edited October 2008
    No I say, play the narration where it lays.

Toxic Toys on
    edited October 2008
    Round 4: I Think I Could Fight Mike Tyson

day3narrfm7.png

“Alright. This meeting of the WVBA has begun. Everyone come to order.”

The call to order was somewhat laughable. Everyone looked exhausted. Back to back days of fighting and the turmoil of losing so many fellow boxers so quickly had made the meeting a somber event, to say the least. What started out, in the Commissioner's mind, as being for the good of the company was beginning to destroy it from within. Blind to these feelings among his charges, the commish plowed ahead.

“Hmph! Another one? Well, next time you see dawningphoenix, let him know he's on probation! First on the agenda: our buzz is through the roof. We're drawing crowd numbers we haven't seen in over a decade. Revenues are up! Things are looking good! So...”

One boxer stood up, a belt shining around his waist, and he addressed the commissioner.

“When am I gonna start seeing a pay increase, man! I'm tired of you dogging me! I'm the only reason people come here, man. Look at these suckas, they ain't nothin compared to me. I'm the greatest!”

The locker room erupted in shouts of anger and frustration. A few other boxers stood up and looked like they'd very much like to hit Oats.

“Go ahead! Do something! I dare you! I'll break your face in! I'll hit you so hard your family won't be able to identify your body!”

“ENOUGH! This is bullshit! Sit down, and shut up. This meeting isn't for your grievances. The only purpose of these meetings is to give you gentlemen a voice in how things change around here, and not the pay structure change. I mean, the roster changes. So hurry up and vote.”

Oats' last minute speech didn't win him many friends. On his way out of the locker room, he made to lunge for the Commissioner, and several members of security had to restrain him, drag him away, and throw him out. But not before the Major Circuit Championship was stripped from his waist.

“Well, great! Just great! One of our biggest draws is gone! I hope you're all happy. I bet you think I'm going to award this to one of you! Well, too bad! You want a new champion, you better come up with a contender. That's all!”

And the Commissioner walked out, holding the title in both hands.

“Ladies and gentlemen the WVBA would like to welcome you to night three of a fantastic series of boxing action, the way only the WVBA can do it. Now it is time for our opening match of the evening!”

Monkeyfeet stepped into the ring, looking down his nose at his opponent. The bell rung and the two started right in for each other and traded rights and lefts. Monkeyfeet landed a really sweet hook to the jaw but that only fueled his opponent's fury. Soon, a tangle of limbs was seen, all was a blur, and then Monkeyfeet was on his stomach, looking glassy eyed. The referee's count didn't even get to three and before his opponent began to flex in the corner. And it was all academic from there.

Sportzboytjw was in the ring next, his hands down at his sides, a show of disrespect to any fighter. It didn't go unnoticed, and he was quickly hit with a series of lefts and rights that had him on the canvas. He got back up, but was soon facing another onslaught of punches, most of which broke through his raised hands with relative ease. Down sportzboytjw went again. He was a little slower to get up this time, but the referee let them keep going. Sportzboytjw was able to land a bruising shot to the stomach of his opponent, but soon after he found himself kissing canvas from a shot that came from who knows where. He didn't get back up again.

“I'm receiving word,” said the commentator at ringside into the microphone, “that there's been an incident in the locker room. They're saying that Mr. Defecation is down and he's not responding to EMTs. The reports I'm getting keep saying that it looked like he'd been ran over by a truck. We'll have more on this situation as we get information.”

The main event of the evening put Mr. Dream himself into the ring with Infidel. It didn't take long for a rousing uppercut to drop Infidel off. The referee's count rang out through the auditorium. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...just as the referee's count had reached nine, Infidel was on his feet. The referee asked him if he wanted to call it off, but Infidel persisted. “No, no, let me at him!”

“What's your name, son?”

“My name? Why, its Tiffany!”

The bell rang soon after that and the crowd booed its displeasure, but as always, safety remains the referee's first concern.

The remaining members of the veteran committee joined the Commish in his office. Without a word spoken, they handed forth a slip of paper. The Commissioner took it, and opened it.

Rainfall, huh? He's a good kid, but I can't tolerate people missing my meetings. Looks like you guys feel the same way. Consider it done.”

Third Round Knockouts
    Oats – Mike Tyson, Dream Circuit forced into retirement
    sportsboytjw – Rick Bruiser, Dream Circuit TKO'd
    Mr. Defecation – Doc, The Trainer rushed
    Monkeyfeet – Nick Bruiser, Dream Circuit spin punched
    Rainfall – Bear Hugger, Minor Circuit bullied out

Incapacitated
    Infidel

On Probation
    dawningphoenix (reason: missing a meeting)

Just a reminder: Incapacitated Fighters may not vote, post, or act until they come to.

All PMs will be going out in due course. Round 4 ends tomorrow night at 11 PM.

Ah, in edition to your !red vote, you are now charged with picking a new contender for the Major Circuit Championship.

So, please also vote in !lime for that person. The deadline for that vote will be 3 PM EST. Because you can't go into a major event with a vacant title, every promoter knows this.

Goose! on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OOOooooOOOO

Hahahahahaha ownnned!

OOOOooooOOOO

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    All right then. I'll take some apologies now.

And hey, commish, how about a shot at the title eh? I think I've earned it.

Why?

Because I am awesome.

Tyson didn't have what it took to bring the crowds. Neither did those Bruiser losers. I'm the one, the one who'll bring in the millions!

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OooOOOoo

Whyyyyy

OooOOOoo

Rainfall on
    edited October 2008
    All PMs should be out. If you haven't received a PM and feel like you should have, let me know.

23464019.jpg

Round 4 is officially underway!

Goose! on
    edited October 2008
    Oh and yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and !vote for myself.

I put myself on the line for this organization, I think I deserve a shot.

Not to mention the millions of ladies who'll be watching me knock a mother out! *winks at the ring girl*

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2008
    I say Romantic Undead should get the title.

Toxic Toys on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Obviously !Romantic Undead is the only logical choice for the title.

Dac Vin on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm going to have to say that !My hard work and discipline have cleaned up the WVBA more than any others. The fact that I've even helped other boxers see their true potential is nothing to laugh at either.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    “What's your name, son?”

“My name? Why, its Tiffany!”

zzZZZzzZzZZZzZZzZzzzzzzz

Ironic, my ex is named Tiffany.

zzZZZzzZzZZZzZZzZzzzzzzz :zzz:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It should be clear to everyone that I am the only possible choice for this honor.

FunkyWaltDogg

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oOoOooooOoooo

Join the Nintendo fan club today!

ooOooOooOOOoo

M.D. on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    win
    I'm still the greatest!

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited October 2008
    Yo, I appreciate the support!

Whatever's left of those dream circuit losers are sure to wanna get up in mah grill if I get a title shot, so if there's anyone out there who can watch my back, I'd appreciate that.

Keep me going, and I promise you I'll be the greatest champion the wvba has ever seen!

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2008
    One more word, !Doxa. You had it made. Circuit folks would have followed you anywhere. You could've been another Marcus Garvey or even another Malcolm X. But instead you ain't nothin' but a pimp with a chicken-shit backbone.

(ooc: bonus points if you can figure out what movie that came from =) )

VThornheart on
    edited October 2008
    Cotton Comes to Harlem?

Ze hell yoo be talkeeng about. I bee hairvipped in face. !Vildcat is suspect! Hurr hurr hurr, vile cat. I be stumbleeng around blinded by hair vwhip, hate such theeng. Also vodka, sveet sveet vodka from motter Russia make me stumble. Hammer avway as early as 9 in ze morneeng

Doxa on
    edited October 2008
    (ooc: Ah, you're right! I looked up "blacksploitation quotes" and found it =) )

VThornheart on
    edited October 2008
    In case it wasn't implied enough by my last post, I have several good reasons to believe that !Doxa is a bad guy.

Also, !Romantic Undead seems to be a man who deserves the title.

VThornheart on
  • AltairAltair Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Vthorn knows his stuff
    !Doxa ain't so tough
    when !Romantic Undead gets the crown,
    the Dream Team's going down!!!

Altair on
    edited October 2008
    Doxa is going to down.

Toxic Toys on
    edited October 2008
    blah, I go vork soon, zese are very very vild and vile accusashuns. Funny zey try vhen I vhipped by hair.

I so sorry I can't defend myself. I'll be back @ 11 CST unfortunately -_-'

Vildcat is the one you want. Not me.

Doxa on