As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My art work randoms

2»

• Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I would love a sandwich! :D

DeeLock on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    These pictures you have drawn. They are not very good.

Your lines are sloppy and do not define objects well. You do not evince an understanding of form, shape, edges, shadow, etc. Your anatomy is off. You do not express people or creatures or objects well. Your composition actually isn't too bad, but the elements within the composition are drawn poorly and coloured poorly. Your sense of shadow and light is nonexistent.

You are not at the point where you can make covers, complex compositional pieces, etc. Feel free to do these as practice and for fun - in fact do this specifically, it will motivate you - but you are not going to produce "good" art, or art that people will look at and enjoy. You are at the point where you need to practice not just the fundamentals of observing and simulating and organizing and creating images, but the fundamentals of how to use artist's equipment, how to create lines and add colours.

Your art is at the point where I'm not sure if your original post is serious or one of many "jokes" played on the Artist's Corner by people who do not actually care about drawings, and just like pulling the legs of the regular posters in the AC. This is not a good thing; it means you need to do a lot of work to improve your art. Even if you continue drawing random things like this without focusing on improvement, you will improve to some extent, but if you want to be a good artist you need to study those fundamentals specifically. They are your tools, both of craft and of artistry. Right now you are like a guitarist who doesn't know how to hold down the right strings, let alone the theory necessary to construct a chord or the technique necessary to trash out a killer solo or a beautiful moving piece.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PepZi wrote: »

Nice Batman reference...

It wasn't actually ;) But really, post some more drawings. People will help if you show that you are serious about improving. My stuff is shit, but i feel that peoples advice has helped me advance so much further. Post work-in-progress drawings. You'll get advice on what to change or where to go with your next step. I think most people here like to see beginners work, but they also want to see their improvement too.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    thejazzmanthejazzman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    To the OP

If you are genuinely interested in art, this is a really great place to learn. I don't know how much you know about this forum and the people on it, but this is not the comedy forum, this is a serious place where some incredible budding and professional artists showcase their material and improve.

Sometimes a newcomer joins the forum, makes a thread, and the forum helps them and sees them improve massively. Other times people come here for a quick confidence boost because they like a picture they drew.

Either one is an understandable motive, but please, if you are just here for a bit of interest, and not to learn from better artists than you, please, let the thread die. Otherwise, post a new picture and take people's comments into consideration.

thanks

thejazzman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AllanAllan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    But guys... his art work is randoms!

It doesn't have to make sense!

Allan on
    banndd1av6.gifbannerdd2or5.gif
  • Options
    PepZiPepZi Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Allan wrote: »

Wow..... he read my post!

PepZi on
    - RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Random Sandwich!!!!

abstractxv7.gif

This conveys my angst and sense of inconformity towards society. I spent 5 hours selecting the color palet and overall excecution. I call it Random Sandwich

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Your like totally loopy MT.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PepZi wrote: »
    Allan wrote: »

Wow..... he read my post!

Hire a sarcasm detecting robot. Name it Phil. Do life studies of it's anatomy.

Shiboe on