As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Razia's Shadow", the best Tim Burton film that never was.

Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Razia's Shadow is a musical written and composed by brothers Thomas and Paul Dutton, released (under the name Forgive Durden wich was Thomas' old band) on the Fueled By Ramen label.

Fordurraz.jpg

It is a fantastic, rather than fantasy, story about the conception of a world and the events leading up to its fulfillment. Aw hell, I'll just rip this from:
wikipedia wrote:
The album tells the story of a world divided in two by the selfish actions of a powerful and egotistical, yet insecure angel. After generations of darkness, the world is eventually brought back together by the love and sacrifice of a couple brave enough to fulfill their destinies.
Among the prominent guests in the vocal department are Lizzie Huffman, Aaron Weiss, Brendon Urie and others from bands such as Saves the day, Panic at the disco, Mewithoutyou, and many more. The characters they represent can be wieved here.

But what about the music? Well, speaking as a grim & kvlt metal listener I was oddly captured by this symphonic record. It stays very much true to the "genre" of, yeah, Burton musicals (Nightmare..., Corpse bride) combined with an almost Torment-esque (or Mirrormask) aesthetics. The production is much more grounded in popular music though, evident in my opinion with the richness of delicious hooks and melody.[/hype]

I found some tidbits on Youtube since the stream on the homepage was a tad too lean to get a proper impression of the songs: Available from the usual suspects such as iTunes, Amazon, as well as other places I imagine.

Panda4You on

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    that is pretty cool...shall have to go and find out about prices...

BobCesca on