As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On]Red Alert 3: Patch 1.12. ALSO CNC4 NEWS INSIDE! ZILO TAKES OFF PANTS!

TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Games and Technology
http://www.conquerthislife.com/ <-- Go here for hot David Hasslehoff

rabox.jpg

RED ALERT 3!!!1

This game is fully co-op but only online.
Expect all kinds of your favorite things, from kirov's to tanya, to armored bears that go rawr!

Single Player Trailer!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38591.html

Seeing as how this is a game on however who really cares? Just know it happens to be awesome in every way shape or form if you loved any other Red Alert game, and\or you love fun.

Also as promised... Hell March 3! (Opinions optional)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4FpdB2SaU

Also this video as commanded (and because it is awesome)
All I can say about that is Oh snap

So go forth and game on!

TheGerbil on

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yay new thread!

now if only i could get online, i could show off my horrible rts skills

Joolander on
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    :^:

From the old thread:
    zilo wrote: »
    Also, and I know it doesn't affect any of you fine gentlemen (and gentle-ladies) here on the PA boards, apparently the cracked versions of the game have progression-stoppers that prevent you from getting past the 6th mission of the Soviet campaign or the 3rd mission of the other two.

Here's a link to the relevant post on the official boards.

Also! If you're having trouble with the "black screen" on load, patch to 1.02.

zilo on
  • darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40181.html needs to be in the OP.

Japanese are awesome, but I started using the soviets today and they are awesome too.
    I have never seen this much awesome in an RTS since Starcraft.

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes, this is a very good RTS.

TheBog on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It is now in the OP as commanded!

TheGerbil on
  • anti-everythinganti-everything Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I rar'd up the bonus maps for everyone:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JT33KRXW

Anyone looking to play now?

anti-everything on
    550191-1.png
    edited October 2008
    I rar'd up the bonus maps for everyone:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JT33KRXW

Anyone looking to play now?

Wait so with these we do not need any special magical keys? Just install and good to go?

TheGerbil on
    edited October 2008
    I don't know how I feel about sharing the bonus maps. They're kind of a reward for buying the special edition, aren't they?

TheBog on
  • anti-everythinganti-everything Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes, the keys were just to get the downloads apparently. Just run and they self-install.

I had the warhammer key, but the url didn't take me anywhere but the RA3 front page. Someone posted the links to them all on the RA3 forum and I snagged them. Enjoy

anti-everything on
    550191-1.png
    edited October 2008
    TheBog wrote: »
    I don't know how I feel about sharing the bonus maps. They're kind of a reward for buying the special edition, aren't they?

More like a limited reward. They eventually release them in patch later on anyhow. What good is a map if most people you know cannot play it with you?

TheGerbil on
    edited October 2008
    I guess so. I'll get those maps. But you understand that I don't want to undermine EA in any way here, since they made an excellent game.

TheBog on
    edited October 2008
    TheBog wrote: »
    I guess so. I'll get those maps. But you understand that I don't want to undermine EA in any way here, since they made an excellent game.

Oh I fully understand. What is retarded however is that there is a different map from pre-ordering from like 5 different places or so it seems. What the hell? You could never get all those normally.

TheGerbil on
    edited October 2008
    5030946066650.jpg
    If you hate those damned soviets on your box you can reverse the cover to get some sexy allies for your box instead.
    Thanks to Zilo for posting that in the last thread :D

darkenedwing on
  • frank as fuckfrank as fuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    So this is out, eh? I guess I owe it to myself to buy it and try it out.

frank as fuck on
    edited October 2008
    So this is out, eh? I guess I owe it to myself to buy it and try it out.

Just don't buy it off of ebay :P

darkenedwing on
  • psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What is the DRM like for this? I might get it at Xmas if EA isn't being huge asses with their DRM this time around.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2008
    Maps you don't have are supposed to transfer automatically when you start a game so it's not like you're never supposed to have these bonus maps to play online. I don't see anything wrong with grabbing them in a pack since you'd be able to play them online anyway if map transfer was working.

edit re: DRM- if you're opposed to DRM in principle and Securom in particular, there's nothing new in Red Alert 3. It's the (now standard) Securom roll-out that EA's been using for their PC games. Conversely, there's nothing new here that you haven't seen before in Spore, Mass Effect, Dead Space, etc. 5 concurrent installations (a deauthorization tool is in the works), Internet authentication, no DVD required to play once you've authorized your installation.

zilo on
  • APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This game is so good it gives me a semi every time i fucking think about it. Just get it, fuck the DRM.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
    edited November 2008
    psyck0 wrote: »
    What is the DRM like for this? I might get it at Xmas if EA isn't being huge asses with their DRM this time around.

Well, it uses Securom, and you can only activate the game 5 times before having to call EA to ask them to reactivate it for you, and the number is not toll free and I believe the number is in another country so it is expensive. Also Securom is flawed and there have been cases of switching keyboards causes you to need to re-activate your machine, that I have heard of, which uses up another activation.

And the normal problems that securom has.

so yea, its pretty anal, but their explanation and justification of it is "you don't need a CD in the drive to play it!"

Edit: But yea, as APZ says, get the game anyways.

Also, APZ, The Red Wings are so awesome :D

darkenedwing on
  • Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    psyck0 wrote: »

Well, it uses Securom, and you can only activate the game 5 times before having to call EA to ask them to reactivate it for you, and the number is not toll free and I believe the number is in another country so it is expensive. Also Securom is flawed and there have been cases of switching keyboards causes you to need to re-activate your machine, that I have heard of, which uses up another activation.

And the normal problems that securom has.

so yea, its pretty anal, but their explanation and justification of it is "you don't need a CD in the drive to play it!"

Bah, I remember the good old days, when you had one CD for the Allies and another for the Soviets, and if you lost one, that was that, you'd never play that campaign. And by gum we liked it!

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • pogo1250pogo1250 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ill probably be getting on in about an hour once i get home from work.

pogo1250 on
    310457-1.png
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    From the other thread....
    If anyone with the Kossar Helm code could tell me, how many characters are in it. Zone and I swapped our codes so he'd get maps and I'd get the item but he's int eh UK and I'm in the USA. The format that the code he gave is 6-5-4-5-4-6. My preorder codes and activation code are either 6-5-5-5-5 or 5-5-5-5-5. Just wonder if other US players got the same 6-5-4-5-4-6 format?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    übergeek wrote: »
    If anyone with the Kossar Helm code could tell me, how many characters are in it. Zone and I swapped our codes so he'd get maps and I'd get the item but he's int eh UK and I'm in the USA. The format that the code he gave is 6-5-4-5-4-6. My preorder codes and activation code are either 6-5-5-5-5 or 5-5-5-5-5. Just wonder if other US players got the same 6-5-4-5-4-6 format?

the kossar helm is... 4-4-4-4 for US
    the map is 6-5-5-5-5 for US

darkenedwing on
    edited November 2008
    I'm looking at my code right now and it's 6-5-5-5-5 for the Kossar's Helm. The maps for the premier edition is 4-4-4-4 though.

zilo on
    edited November 2008

the kossar helm is... 4-4-4-4 for US
    the map is 6-5-5-5-5 for US

Thanks, but you have those reversed. Hmmm... I don't suppose anyone has a US WAR code they'd part with?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    Looks like my Helm code might be a victim of the screwed up code problem with RA3, then.

APZonerunner on
  • GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does anyone know/have that intro Soviet song they play at the menu start?

If you do I will love you forever.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    I can rip it, if you like. The Premier Edition of the game includes the OST.

APZonerunner on
    edited November 2008
    Looks like my Helm code might be a victim of the screwed up code problem with RA3, then.

What is this code issue you heard about?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    Some RA3 codes are missing the last character, so people can't access the game. EA's solution for now is to tell people to try every letter between A-Z and 0-9, because that last letter will be one of them.

Perhaps the problem spread to the Warhammer codes, too.

APZonerunner on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I heard that WAR players get a code for a RA3 map, are there any Kossar Helms available for the trade?

Tyberius on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I installed the game and all I get is a black screen. It just sits there until I minimize or ctrl+alt+del out.

Anybody have any ideas?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I installed the game and all I get is a black screen. It just sits there until I minimize or ctrl+alt+del out.

Anybody have any ideas?

I've been having that problem too, but it pops up after awhile. Have you tried starting it up and walking away for a few minutes to see if it ever comes up?

Taximes on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Taximes wrote: »

Anybody have any ideas?

I've been having that problem too, but it pops up after awhile. Have you tried starting it up and walking away for a few minutes to see if it ever comes up?

Not yet, just downloaded the patch from the Red Alert site and installed it. We'll see if that does it.

EDIT: Shit, no dice. I patched it, same problem. I let it sit for several minutes while reading the manual, and it still won't work.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, I really want this game, but my laptop is shit.

I really, really hope the 360 version doesn't suck.

Inglorious Coyote on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, I really want this game, but my laptop is shit.

I really, really hope the 360 version doesn't suck.

This is one of those times I REALLY wish my 360 had keyboard/mouse support. I can play anything BUT RTS titles with the controller.

Argh, I've gotta go find my RA2 discs now. Gotta get my fix.

Mechanical on
    edited November 2008
    anyone up for some co-op? im online right now name is pogo1250

pogo1250 on
    310457-1.png
  • darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Okay, right now I am listening to the Soviet March in Yotube, and Jesus it's so epic. I am going out to to get this game right now.

Welcome back Frank Klepacki.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Taximes wrote: »

Anybody have any ideas?

Not yet, just downloaded the patch from the Red Alert site and installed it. We'll see if that does it.

EDIT: Shit, no dice. I patched it, same problem. I let it sit for several minutes while reading the manual, and it still won't work.

Did you patch to 1.01, or all the way up to current (1.02)? The latest patch is the one that fixes that black screen problem.

zilo on
    edited November 2008
    protip: dont use tanya's timebelt after recently coming out from a garrison it will kill her if she ports back to inside the building

pogo1250 on
    310457-1.png