As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MiniPhalla] Mike Phalla's Punch Out!!! (Village Victory!)

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You and I both know that they're not wild or vile accusations, foo'.

So you're not planning on making your previously promised bad guy reveal then?

I guess that's what I get for trying to be patient with bad guys. I'll do it for you.

I received this from Doxa after grilling him for a few PMs. I was already 90% sure that he wasn't a good guy, but he confirmed it with his own post.
    Doxa wrote:
    Ah, its not use. I can't fabricate something. There is too much evidence up against me. But lets get something straight. I am Vodka Drunkenski of the Dream Circuit.

Can you do my a favor real quick? Let me do an epic reveal. Make a post confirming your suspicion and continue getting votes against me. I'll have one up in 30 minutes or so.

The only relief is that I don't have to post in a russian accent and pay attention to the other phalla.

I ended up giving you two hours, and it looks like you're taking back your promise. I shouldn't be so merciful to the enemy. You're going down, whitie!

EDIT: Granted, you did say
    Doxa wrote:
    I blame it on the accent. Any search of any of the russian puts me on the dream circuit.

Anyways, I'm not revealing until you stack votes up against me.

a few minutes later... but I don't think at this point you can back out of your admission. You went from 90% sure bad guy in my mind to 100% sure bad guy beyond any doubt with our conversation.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Doxa it is then.

Dac Vin on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Doxa

!Romantic Undead

JPants on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zis iz most unfortunate for you, Comrade !Doxa.

crimsoncoyote on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Much like the level of my awesomeness, this vote couldn't be much clearer. !Doxa

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Doxa That is a pretty incriminating PM. Seems dumb to admit you are evil like that. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a village idiot role or something, but it is in our best interest to vote him out anyway. Village idiot roles are so useless.

Orange Soda
    because there is exactly 1 person I can trust.

Orange Soda on
    edited October 2008
    (ooc: I hadn't thought of that. If he's a village idiot, that sucks. But if such a role like that existed, I would think that he would've had to claim he was a bad guy right away or something... right? I've never actually seen a role like that in action before.)

VThornheart on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You're not fooling anyone with that vote, !Doxa! I can feeeeel your evil with every hair on my head!

I will vote !Romantic Undead also, but I'm a close second, y'hear?!

Wildcat on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    As I wasn't around for my stupid 3PM deadline (had to go food shopping), lime voting will be extended into the normal 11 PM deadline.

Goose! on
  • dawningphoenixdawningphoenix Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Doxa for admitting evilness.
    !Romantic Undead

Now let's see some more good, clean fights! Just like I like them!

dawningphoenix on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    He's still alive. They hit him with eleven votes and he's still alive! We should make it twelve.
    !Doxa

!Romantic Undead, someday - and that day may never come - I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this vote as a gift on this phallas lime-vote day.

MacGuffin on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am looking forwards to Doxa evil reveal.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited November 2008
    It looks like he took back that he'd do the reveal with that last post he made. I wasn't going to bust out his PM and let him resign respectfully, but he had to go and be a back-talkin' cracker. Doesn't he know he's oppressed our people long enough?

VThornheart on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well, not that it seems to matter that I'm late since nobody's posted in here for 3 hours, but vote closed 15 minutes ago. Narration will be up shortly.

Goose! on
    edited November 2008
    Round 5: Mama Said Knock You Out

day4narrtv4.png

“Okay, gents, time is money. Let's hear it.”

Romantic Undead stands up and walks to the commissioner.

“They chose me to be the contender. So what do I have to do?”

The Commish looked Romantic Undead over once, muttering something, and then shrugging.

“If they think you're up to the challenge then that's fine by me. I don't have time to waste setting up a championship bout. We want to go into these next few nights real strong. We're almost where we want to be. So, I guess what I'm saying is here you go! Congrats!”

And with that, he thrust his hand holding the Major Circuit Championship forward, awarding it to Romantic Undead. A round of applause coursed through the room, with only a few members of the locker room not participating. Romantic Undead slipped the belt around his waist.

“Told ya'll I was the greatest!”

And with that, he resumed his seat.

“Okay, that's task one out of the way. Now, who are we sending packing tonight?”

They all cast their eyes upon Doxa, who looked around nervously to find some support. None came, and he sighed heavily, standing up and walking out of the locker room. His dream was over.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a special treat for you this Hallow's Eve! Please welcome LITTLE MAC!”

The Mac walked out, without his trainer, looking a little forlorn but nonetheless cheerful. He climbed in the ring and began bounding on the balls of his feet. His opponent walked out, FunkyWaltDogg, looking haughty. He climbed into the ring and looked down upon Little Mac with deepest loathing. The bell rang and the two began to close in on each other. The first few punches thrown were parried or blocked. Each man was sizing up the other. Then, FunkyWaltDogg lunged for a punch and got caught with a jab to his left cheek. He immediately flung his arms in the air, wailing at the top of his lungs his displeasure and running back and forth in a bizarre display. Unshaken by this turn of events, Mac squared up and landed a huge uppercut to the chin of the shrieking man, knocking him onto his backside. He did not get up.

The Commissioner was very disappointed in the events of the evening. There was barely any action in the ring and the recent upswing of ticket sales was faltering. He was on the verge of losing what he'd worked so hard for in such a short span of time. He came upon his office. Only one man was there, and he said aloud.

“Get rid of Toxic Toys.”

The Commissioner looked aghast, but sighed in resignation.

“You got it.”

Fourth Round Knockouts
    Doxa – Vodka Drunkenski, Dream Circuit forced into retirement
    FunkyWaltDogg – Narcis Prince, Dream Circuit seeing stars
    Toxic Toys – Little Mac, The Challenger bullied out

Infidel has been medically cleared to fight again!

I've decided not to put anyone on probation because of the holiday.

Round 5 will end tomorrow night at 11 PM. Only vote in !red this time. PMs will be out shortly. This could very well be the final round.

Goose! on
    edited November 2008
    All PMs are out. I couldn't find a Ring Girl with a round 5 sign. Ah well. Round 5 is officially underway.

Goose! on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    OOOoooOOOO

OK sorry last ghost post, but I want to revel in more baddies dying! Yey!

OOOOOoooOOOO

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ooooOOOoooOOO

my bad guys

I had a reveal, just wanted more votes on me, left for work, just got back. here's the picture I drew.
    vodkadrunkeski.jpg

Doxa on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I approve. :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2008
    (ooc: Oh, lol Doxa! =)=) I thought it was some elaborate ruse to try and extract info from us or confuse us =) )

Doxa, you're a cracker... but you're at least a funny cracker... suckaaaaaa!

So yeah, domination is on like donkey kong.

!Dac Vin, I've been incapacitating you for the past few days. It's time to put whitey out of his misery for good.

You're the weak. And we are the tyranny of the Village. But we're trying, Dac Vin. We're trying real hard to be the shepherd.

VThornheart on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm the best... arooooound!

Allright! who's the first person to try and take on the champ!

Dac Vin, is it? bring it on!

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited November 2008
    I caught !Dac Vin pissing in the showers.

Not cool.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Looks like it can't be helped. I expected to be the last one, and it doesn't surprise me you've been arranging it to be this way. So be it then.

The Epic Reveal can be found in the spoiler so Click it!

Yes, I'm Mr. Dream. I'm the champion, I'm the last one remaining. I'm the reason this league was so successful in the first place. And I'm the last one you want to get, to complete your dark art and kill off what could have been a worldwide phenomenon.

So, think about what you are going to do.

Goose, you can end the day right now if you want to.

Dac Vin on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah! We're the best!

WVGBA will enter a new age of awesomnitude!

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited November 2008
    Ahh... Mr. Dream, you rat soup eatin' motherfucker!

I'll tell you what you do, you go get you a gun and all those Villagers you keep doin' so much talkin' about get guns, and come back ready to go down, then I'll be right down front killin' whitey.

victory_waits.jpg

(ooc: I didn't realize you were Mr. Dream himself, but I definitely had my suspicions. I felt strongly that you were a bad guy... but also that we were going to get whoever it was one way or another in the next couple of nights =) )

(ooc: So this leaves one thing I've been wondering...

Romantic Undead, Rainfall, and JPants seem to have been allied... what were you doing Wildcat? Are you another neutral?

I'm also curious about what Little Mac and the trainer's goals were... I suppose we'll find out at the end of this. =)

I think we get three kills tonight, so we'll see if it's necessary.)

VThornheart on
    edited November 2008
    Yeah! We're the best!

WVGBA will enter a new age of awesomnitude!

It truly becomes the darkest of times when the champion can't even get the name right.

Dac Vin on
    edited November 2008
    Mr. Dream only came to be due to rape, discuss.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2008
    That is true. =)

(Not much to discuss about it =) lol)

(EDIT: Also, I just saw your banner Dac Vin! Nanowrimo == good! I was planning on doing it this year, but yet again I think I'm going to chicken out... it always seems like other things get in the way of it for me. Or I'm easily distracted. Or both. =( What're you writing?)

VThornheart on
    edited November 2008
    Don't insult my World War 2 heritage, Tiffany!

(VThornheart: Thanks, this is my first time trying it, hopefully It'll be finished come December! I'm writing an adventure novel about a young man escaping from the law for murdering a corrupt aristocrat.

It's not a drama, by the way. :P)

Dac Vin on
    edited November 2008
    Dac Vin wrote: »

(VThornheart: Thanks, this is my first time trying it, hopefully It'll be finished come December! I'm writing an adventure novel about a young man escaping from the law for murdering a corrupt aristocrat.

Mr. Dream, don't start that jibber jabberin'. My name's Kid Quick. And your ass ain't talkin' your way out of this shit.

See, Mr. Dream, there's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness: for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!

(pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop)

(ooc: Awesome, it sounds like it has potential! Make sure to go to events in your area, that apparently helps a lot. My wife went to some events last year, and finally won. As for me, I've never won in the 3 years i've tried. Something always gets in the way. =( I wish you luck with it! Kick some butt!)

VThornheart on
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I see no need for this to go on.

The Referee calls the fight in Round 5

Goose! on
    edited November 2008
    Dac Vin wrote: »

Mr. Dream, don't start that jibber jabberin'. My name's Kid Quick. And your ass ain't talkin' your way out of this shit.

See, Mr. Dream, there's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness: for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!

(pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop)

(ooc: Awesome, it sounds like it has potential! Make sure to go to events in your area, that apparently helps a lot. My wife went to some events last year, and finally won. As for me, I've never won in the 3 years i've tried. Something always gets in the way. =( I wish you luck with it! Kick some butt!)

I was talking to Infidel, not some dadaist whippersnapper hellbent on destroying all that is good and holy upon this world. It's not a coincidence the audience dropped when you started taking things over.

Dac Vin on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    sweet, now reveal all the roles and shit. I'm curious to how shit went down

Doxa on
    edited November 2008
    Good game everyone!

VThornheart on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah that was fun. good job getting a strong network going so early Thornheart, and you guys had great aim.

Good game Goose!!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited November 2008
    Random musing: Looking at my recent phalla history I wonder if I'm not the Rodney Dangerfield of all phalla. D:

Dac Vin on
    edited November 2008
    Final Round

finalroundcd3.png

The remaining members of the locker room had cornered Dac Vin and forced him to squeal like a little piggy. After several punches were thrown and some wild flailing from Dac Vin, a white towel had come in over the commotion. Everyone stopped and looked to the Commissioner, who looked sad.

“I suppose I let corruption get the best of me. That's in the past now. You guys have shown me the light, the err of my ways. Let's get rid of this riff raff and rebuild the WVBA to what it truly can and should be.”

The fighters looked at each other, and then hands reached out and pulled the Commissioner into the mob. After a cartoonish dust cloud of a tussle, Dac Vin and the Commissioner found themselves tied back to back and hurled bodily from the arena!

Final Knockout
    Dac Vin – Mr. Dream, Dream Circuit

Village Victory!

Good game, folks! Hope you all had fun. I'll answer any questions ya got for me.

I know I certainly learned something from this experience.

Goose! on
    edited November 2008
    Basically, at the start of night 3 we had formed a network of 10 people, versus 11 unknown people (thanks to the sacrifice of WeatheredClown, Kime, and Krata).

When almost all of our hits were kills on night 3, it ended up being more like 10 people vs. 6 unknowns, and we had a strong suspicion that JPants and Romantic Undead were on our side too, which made it more like 4 unknowns.

Also, Goose, it was a lot of fun! It provided a great deal of entertainment trying to figure out the puzzle. The web of different mason groups made it entertaining. It was fun theorizing when we were trying to figure out what was going on and if there even could BE so many groups, or if someone was pulling our leg... and then when we finally figured it out, it was fun because we were in a truly dominant position, which I don't feel like I've ever been in with a Phalla game so far... which may have meant it was unbalanced, but it was fun... at least for the villagers. I don't know how the bad guys felt about it. But I had an good time. =)

I think some people seemed frustrated with the posting restrictions, but it added to a spirit of roleplaying as well which was nice too. =)

VThornheart on
    edited November 2008
    Okay, a few things I can recall from my board browsing that I want to answer right away:

Piston Honda (Witch Doctor) -- The reason your first vig missed was because your target had a dodge all ability, "Fancy Footwork." The same thing happened to the first Mafia Kill target, El Skid (he used his "Jamaican Jive" dodge)

Little Mac and Doc were neutrals whose only object was to win all 3 championships. Needless to say, they failed to achieve their win.

I believe that I may have slightly overpowered the village in those instances, and for that I apologize. But I think, had I not masoned everyone (and now I know what the word mason means :P) at the start, the game would have gone dramatically different. It was still close going into Day 3. Then Rainfall sent in her seer target as Oats. I knew that was going to be the beginning of the end for the mafia. They went from 2 kills to 1.

But still, I believe the big equalizer could have been FWD. You see, the mafia had what I've learned is called a "Thrall." But they never used it to their advantage.

If I could have done anything different, I probably would have removed those dodge abilities, and also only masoned a few guys. But the idea behind the masons were that you grouped together within circuit by the game you were in. So all the guys from Mike Tyson's Punch Out within the Minor, Major, and World circuits were masoned, as well as all the guys from Super Punch Out (SNES). Which led to groups of 3 and 4 guys together.

Post restrictions, there were 16 guys with a post restriction (over half the pool) but only 15 were active. Which I think was probably the best part of the game and made the first day crazy fun.

Goose! on
    edited November 2008
    Ooh, what's a Thrall do?

VThornheart on