As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Mike Phalla's Punch Out!!! (Village Victory!)

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ah, no wonder you guys knew to hit El Skid =) We lost him in our group only a few minutes after he joined it. =) He must've slipped up and put your name in because he was thinking about you. =)

I almost did that once when I was sending an order PM. I was going to hit Dac Vin with my incapacitate, and I put him in the recipient instead of Goose.... but I fixed it before I sent it. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    Hmm. As much fun as kicking Monkeyfeet would be, FWD is striking me as a fairly good target. FWD is much more helpful, typically.

On the other hand, I'd hate to kill him and find out he was good. I like FWD.

Thoughts?

I got that PM from Sheep Have Wool. I think it was meant for only El Skid but for some reason he put my name in the recipients too.

It was meant for me and El Skid actually, the three of us were masoned. It was a rather D: moment when we saw what happened. . .

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Did you guys not build a ProBoard or something? Doing it all in PM can get confusing. =(

Speaking of which, does anyone else have ProBoards to open up? I want to look! =)=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    AltairAltair Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    We had one for a couple of days, but Crimson will have to open it up.

http://totalko.proboards.com/

Altair on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did you guys not build a ProBoard or something? Doing it all in PM can get confusing. =(

Speaking of which, does anyone else have ProBoards to open up? I want to look! =)=)

We made a proboard after that. It never was really used though, because we didn't have too much to say yet. And by the time we would have had more to say, we were all dead :|

http://wearethechampions.proboards.com/index.cgi

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://punchinator.proboards.com

That's our proboard. Oatway should open it

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Goose! I sent doxa's action wild 3 times, what effect did that have? I just kept hitting him, but I had no idea what his ability even was.

Sry Doxa, I hope you enjoy'd your getting hair whipped

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    lol =) Reading your proboard was interesting Kime. =) Yeah, you guys somehow got killed off all at once really quickly. =(

VThornheart on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    GG Village... but too much masoning for the Mafia to win without getting really lucky d1/2 or being much more powerful than we were.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, you guys needed at least 2 kills per day with a 3rd kill every other day, or maybe 3 kills every day or something (and guaranteed, so that it didn't depend on how many mafia people were left etc...). That, I still think, would've made it really nerve-wracking and down-to-the-wire. But it was a good experiment... if someone were to run a game with this set up again (every villager masoned into splinter mason groups), we know now that doing something like that might make it more competitive. Or maybe adding a larger neutral group to throw off the good guys (by making a larger pool of potential unknowns as targets).

Would it be against the spirit of Phalla if someone was running a game and then gave one side more powers if they were being completely beaten down? Just curious.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Balancing needs to be done before the game starts, not after.

Balancing too much during the game really ruins a game imo. You're basically saying "fuck your efforts the past week, they all mean shit now!" to your players.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ahh... a good point, I hadn't thought of it that way.

What would've really mixed it up, maybe, is if there was some kind of posting restriction where no one was allowed to talk about the fact that they were masoned.... hmm, I'm not sure.

Or maybe if there were infiltrators to start with in a couple of the mason groups... though that's a particularly mean one to do I think. =)

EDIT: Ah, I see your post where you told them to send it to us Altair. It must've gotten lost in the confusion. Turned out we didn't need their votes though (or rather, they inadvertently joined us in it), which was good. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Gasp at the multicolour horror that is the Major Circuit forums!

http://majorcircuit.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

Wildcat on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also if anyone is curious.

For me and Toxic to win we had to beat the champions.

I was only a support character and had a 50/50 of detecting who used powers on Toxic, if anyone decided to target him.

I also had the posting restriction of posting one liners (I tried it was hard) praising or advising the previous poster.

M.D. on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also if anyone is curious.

For me and Toxic to win we had to beat the champions.

I was only a support character and had a 50/50 of detecting who used powers on Toxic, if anyone decided to target him.

I also had the posting restriction of posting one liners (I tried it was hard) praising or advising the previous poster.

o_OD: And I thought we mafioso had it hard. You effectively needed a good bit of ESP to win that one.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Aye, you guys had a very slim chance of victory. I think I could only have seen you guys winning if you were to infiltrate the unified network (and thus knew where all the champions were), and then somehow duped them into thinking that you weren't intentionally killing the three champions off (like someone was making you use your ability to do it).

VThornheart on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aye, you guys had a very slim chance of victory. I think I could only have seen you guys winning if you were to infiltrate the unified network (and thus knew where all the champions were), and then somehow duped them into thinking that you weren't intentionally killing the three champions off (like someone was making you use your ability to do it).

I'm sure if I would have told you off the bat who I was I could probably had made it in without giving up about toxic and what he can do, but then you'd have to trust me and believe that I posted the way I did because I was indeed the coach.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Aye Def (Can I call you Def? =) ), in that situation I probably wouldn't have let you in, but I definitely would've believed you to be the coach I think (given how I was feeling at the time). I'm not sure if it would've helped much, but it would've given you a little chance at least. Day 1, hit Glass Joe "Whoops, someone targeted me with a wild attack!" Day 2, hit accurately to throw them off. Day 3, hit whoever replaced El Skid for the title, and if we weren't wise to you by then, you maybe could've convinced us to vote for you as champion on day 4 when the title vacated.

Maybe. But everything would've had to have gone off perfectly and no one would've had to suspect you. That was a hard spot. =(

Also... (from the Wildcat forum)

Wait... if JPants, WeatheredClown, TheLawinator, and Wildcat were together...

... who was Romantic Undead with? Was he with anyone?

That was TOTALLY not as I expected it to be.

Man, a TON of stuff was going on that I wasn't expecting. I never thought in a million years that WeatheredClown was a seer. Yikes. =( Yeah, I can see how our gang-up on him would've been suspicious from where you were sitting. I figured he was either yanking our chain or just a minor character in another mason group... worth sacrificing to test the theory and unite the groups. Ouch. =( Sorry about that. Very unexpected. =(

VThornheart on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    Hmm. As much fun as kicking Monkeyfeet would be, FWD is striking me as a fairly good target. FWD is much more helpful, typically.

On the other hand, I'd hate to kill him and find out he was good. I like FWD.

Thoughts?

I got that PM from Sheep Have Wool. I think it was meant for only El Skid but for some reason he put my name in the recipients too.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with Sheep around that little slipup.

It was meant for me and Kime (our mason group), but he oopsed. Apparently we should have created a proboard earlier :(

On the bright side, there's no way I could have survived past day 2- My accent pegged me as a jamaican dude, a jamaican dude was in the OP as the major circuit champ, and I could only guard myself every second day... So yeah.

On the bright side, I didn't have to post like that for more than two days, so that worked out well :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    lol, you did pretty good wit your accent, mon. I was appreciatin' it deeply... um... ...mon.

Okay, that is hard to keep up, I see what you mean. =)

And don't worry Sheep, it's just one of those things that happens sometimes! All is good. =)

RU or Rainfall, if you're out there...

* Romantic Undead
    * Rainfall
    * ...?

Who was your third person? Or were you even with Rainfall at all?

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You didn't think WC was a seer after he turned up to be telling the truth?

He knew my role remember.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh... I didn't recall that at all. I don't know how I forgot about that. =(

EDIT: That's right, now I remember. I had totally forgotten about it. =(

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Any reason why my KO on JPants almost went through on day 2? I had him, but suddently his part was gone from the narration.

I had given him an autoblock and forgotten. He reminded me and I felt stupid for ever giving anyone that in the first place.

And I think if I ran the same game without any masons, it would've been plenty more balanced.

I'll be running my main phalla much differently, because of the theme.

Goose! on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This game only further reinforced my super-evil streak.

It was fun while it lasted, but Lord T'underin' did the village either have a hell of a lot of seers or masons.

Oats on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There were 3 seers, 1 per circuit.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, we apparently had a couple of seers, but they died before they were of too much use (Except Rainfall, or whoever Rainfall knew that was a seer).

The big advantage was the mass masoning. Our network pretty much doubled the bad guys in size by like day 3 after Kime and Krata's big reveals helped bring them together. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also I want everyone to know that Sportzboy and I had only one null between us for the entire game

and we didn't even use it

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So who took me out? I thought I had a block. And Goose, why didn't JPants die after I hit him?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Jpants has an auto block, as I stated before, and I regretted that.

And Toxic you had a one time only block. And you used it. I didn't communicate to blockers whether or not their block worked or anything like that I don't think.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Goose, do you still have the original role PMs and if so, can you post them?

Toxic Toys wrote: »
    So who took me out? I thought I had a block. And Goose, why didn't JPants die after I hit him?

We did, and it was FunkyWaltDogg's idea if you want to grudge over it.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Goose, do you still have the original role PMs and if so, can you post them?

Toxic Toys wrote: »

We did, and it was FunkyWaltDogg's idea if you want to grudge over it.

i put TT in a list of 3 people and funky chose you.

Doxa on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well that's kind of fitting because I took out FWD. :D

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It wasn't my idea, I just seconded it and sent in the order.

Good god, everyone was masoned? We had even less of a chance to win than I thought, and I thought our chances were zero so that's saying something.

Since everyone had a character assigned from a limited set, and since alignment could be immediately determined by name, all the village had to do was get everyone's name, or the name of everyone who was willing to provide it anyway, and kill all the bad guys and nonresponders. This is in fact what I believed had happened; it's a special kind of insult on top of injury to learn that the village had additional advantages that rendered this unnecessary.

About my being a thrall and not taking advantage of it, I had no real way to do so since I couldn't lie about my name without getting caught, and using my true name would lead to my discovery since Narcis Prince was on the special circuit.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    And I didn't even lose a single hair from my luxurious coiffure!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Here are the role PMs. Next game I won't be networking anyone so there :P
    You are Little Mac.
    You are The Challenger.
    You are allied with Doc ( ).

macdocdd5.jpg

Your win condition is win all three championships.

You are a scrappy young fighter, making your way through the ranks of the WVBA and trying to prove yourself. You've heard stories from your uncle about how he twice fought his way to the title and now you're out to defend the family name.

Your traits/powers:
    Scrappy: You're very resilient. You're immune to the first non-vote attack made against you.
    Star Uppercut: You knock one fighter out.
    New Champion!: Win a championship for a power boost

You are Doc.
    You are The Trainer.
    You are allied with Little Mac ( ).

macdocdd5.jpg

Your win condition is to help Mac beat the champions.

You're a long retired boxer who now trains fighters. You used to coach the original Little Mac, but retired back it 2000 when your last client deserted him for a big name promoter. You came out of retirement as a favor to the original Mac to help coach his uncle.

Your traits/powers:
    Experienced: You know a lot about the sport of boxing. When someone targets Mac with an ability, you have a 50/50 chance of seeing who it is.
    Words of Encouragement: You're a great coach and believe in positive reinforcement. Every time you post, you have to work in a one liner praising or advising the previous poster.

You are Glass Joe.
    You are part of the Minor Circuit.
    Your allies are (Von Kaiser), (Kid Quick), and (Piston Honda).

joecn0.png

Your win condition is to defeat the mafia. Your minor win condition which is to be the first one eliminated from the game. (any elimination on day 1 will do)

You're an old, old, old veteran of the WVBA. But that doesn't make you any good. In fact, you've only won one fight. Everyone expects you to be the first one to be forced into retirement. And its about time.

Your traits/powers:
    Taunt: You can goad a fighter into attacking you. Once per round, send in a target to taunt, and that fighter will target you with whatever it was planning that round.
    Facade: You want to retire, but you don't want to throw the fight. You are not allowed to openly ask people to vote for you, and you must mention how much you want to fight in each post you make.

#15 + MINOR C
    You are Von Kaiser.
    Your allies are (Glass Joe), (Kid Quick), and (Piston Honda).

vonkaiserko7.png

Your win condition is to defeat the mafia.

You're a gruesome German with a long record of losing. Many have claimed that you are washed up, finished, and you wish to repudiate those remarks. So you have adopted a game of defense..as the saying goes, defense wins championships.

Your traits/powers:
    Guard: Your blocking strategy is quite impressive. You can block yourself, or someone else, from one attack (not including the vote). If more than one attacker targets you/your target in guard, both of you go down.
    Counter Punch: When guarding, if your target (even if you guard yourself) is attacked, you strike back against the attacker with a knock out punch.

You are Kid Quick.
    Your allies are (Glass Joe), (Von Kaiser), and (Piston Honda).

kidquickagi3.png

You grew up getting into a lot of fights on the streets of Brooklyn. Rather than let yourself get caught with the wrong crowd, you took to boxing. You're not the most celebrated boxer, in fact, you're pretty vanilla.

Your traits/powers:
    Quick Jab: You land a quick, dazing blow. The target of a successful jab cannot take any actions the following day, but may still participate in the vote.

Predictable: Your attacks can be telegraphed if you do not take special care.

You are Gabby Jay.
    Your allies are (Bear Hugger) and (Piston Hurricane).

gabbyjayvr7.png

You're a loser with an attitude. You may have only one win, but that doesn't stop you from thinking you could easily get another one!

Your traits/powers:
    Taunt: You can goad a fighter into attacking you. Once per round, send in a target to taunt, and that fighter will target you with whatever it was planning that round.
    Mouthy: You're Gabby Jay for a reason. In every post you make, you must talk smack to the previous poster.

You are Bear Hugger.
    Your allies are (Gabby Jay) and (Piston Hurricane).

bearhuggerqr6.png

You are a Canadian Lumberjack turned boxer who is one of the biggest men in the WVBA. You may be slow, but you can sure pack a wallop!

Your traits/powers:
    Bear Hug: You clinch the target, and bring him in for a closer look. Once per round, send in a target to Bear Hug. If successful, you will see who that target is.
    The Squeeze: You may choose to put the squeeze on the target of your most recent bear hug, disabling them for the next round. You would then submit a Squeeze order instead of a Bear Hug order.

You are Piston Hurricane.
    Your allies are (Gabby Jay) and (Bear Hugger).

pistonhurricaneww1.png

Hailing from Havana, you consider yourself to be the finest import from Cuba since cigars. You have some fancy footwork, but most regard you as somewhat of a blow hard.

Your traits/powers:
    Hurricane Feet: You have the footwork most easily compared to Muhammad Ali, and you use that to your advantage. If you activate this power, you dodge all punches for that round, but can take no action the following round.
    Cocky: You're a braggart by nature. Every time you post, you must elaborate on your greatness, like Ali himself would.

You are Piston Honda.
    Your allies are (Glass Joe), (Von Kaiser), and (Kid Quick).

pistonhondadl6.png

Your win condition is to defeat the mafia. Your minor win condition is to win the Minor Circuit Championship.

You are the Japanese Buzzsaw. You've been Minor Circuit champion before and want what you feel is rightfully yours back.

Your traits/powers:
    TKO from Tokyo: You knock one fighter out.
    Discipline: You cannot be taunted off of your target.

You are Don Flamenco.
    You are part of the Major Circuit.
    Your allies are (King Hippo), (Great Tiger), and (Bald Bull).

donflamencobj3.png

You are a flamboyant Spaniard with an unnerving taunt. You're also fast enough to counter most attacks.

Your traits/powers:
    Counter Punch: When you successfully taunt someone into targeting you, you counter them with a knock out punch.

You are King Hippo.
    Your allies are (Don Flamenco), (Great Tiger), and (Bald Bull).

kinghippopb7.png

You are big. Enormous, even. So you have a little trouble protecting your middle. At least you can keep your face from getting ugly..er.

Your traits/powers:
    Block: You can guard yourself or another from one attack. Whenever you don't send in an action, you are automatically blocking yourself.
    Straight Shot: You jab a fighter in the face, dazing them for the following day. Using the straight shot opens your vulnerable stomach.

You are Great Tiger.
    Your allies are (Don Flamenco), (King Hippo), and (Bald Bull).

greattigerrc3.png

You are a great magician known all over India for your powers of teleportation. But that's not the only magic you possess.

Your traits/powers:
    The Magic Jewel: Your turban grants you the ability to see things more clearly. Once per round, send in a target to examine. You will see that target.
    Mirage: You may use this power on a target you've most recently seen. You make a magical attack, striking your target in the head and stunning them for the following round. You do not get to use both powers in a round.

You are Bob Charlie,
    Your allies are (Dragon Chan) and (Masked Muscle).

bobcharlietd5.png

You're the Jive King of Kingston, Jamaica. You are as nimble and quick as they come. But you tend to get a little too cocky.

Your traits/powers:
    Jamaican Jive: Your feet are so fast that you can actually dodge anything that comes your way. Submit this action when you want to dodge all non-vote attacks for that night. After using the Jive, you cannot act the next night.
    Jive Talkin': You're a cocky SOB. You must elaborate on how great you are every time you post. In a Jamaican accent.

#21 MAJOR C
    You are Dragon Chan.
    Your allies are (Bob Charlie) and (Masked Muscle).

dragonchanci0.png

Nobody understands why you're allowed in the WVBA. You're an ex-kickboxer and find it hard to resist going back to your old ways.

Your traits/powers:
    Jump Kick: You bound off the ropes and kick your opponent, knocking them down.
    Blatantly Obvious: Your attack is easily telegraphed.

You are Masked Muscle.
    Your allies are (Bob Charlie) and (Dragon Chan).

maskeddx0.png

You're a pro wrestler who went into boxing for the money. You'll do anything to get the win, because winners always get the bigger purse and prizes.

Your traits/powers:
    Clinch: You grapple with the target, preventing both of you from taking an action next round.

You are Bald Bull.
    Your allies are (Don Flamenco), (King Hippo), and (Great Tiger).

baldbullqp7.png

Your win condition is to defeat the mafia. Your minor win condition is to win the Major Circuit Championship.

You are an angry, violent man. There are many who fear you. Your Bull Rush is one of the most dangerous moves in the game.

Your traits/powers:
    Bull Rush: You knock one fighter out.
    Bald Lament: You must find a way to mention hair in at least one post per round.

You are Soda Popinski.
    You are part of the World Circuit.
    Your allies are (Pizza Pasta), (Mr. Sandman), and (Super Macho Man).

sodapopinskinr8.png

You're the mad Russian. You love to fight and you love to drink soda pop. And you manage to combine the two.

Your traits/powers:
    Pop Bop: You jab an opponent, dazing him for the following round.
    Raving Mad: You're a lunatic. In each post, you must talk madly. As any mad Russian would.

You are Pizza Pasta
    Your allies are (Soda Popinski), (Mr. Sandman), and (Super Macho Man).

pizzapastaadm4.png

You are every Italian stereotype wrapped up in one. In the ring, you're not known for being exceptionally powerful, but definitely very determined defender.

Your traits/powers:
    Guard: Your blocking strategy is quite impressive. You can block yourself, or someone else, from one attack (not including the vote). If more than one attacker targets you/your target in guard, both of you go down.
    Superior Guard: You block yourself from all attacks for that round (excluding the vote), but can take no action the following round.
    Mafioso: If anyone accuses you of being part of the mafia (as in the game mafia, not the Italian mob), you begin to act very suspiciously. Your next post after an accusation must include some sort of real mob stereotype (i.e.-- Allusions to working in construction, cement shoes, sleeping with the fishes, etc.)

You are Aran Ryan.

araniw6.png

You are a mad Irishman, and your anger carries you in the ring. You're a strong puncher and you're never one who is lost in a pinch.

Your traits/powers:
    Clinch: You grapple with the target, preventing both of you from taking an action next round.
    Irish Brood: You have a thick accent and quick temper. Especially in the evening, after you've had a few. Any post you make within 4 hours of the vote close must express your rage at the a) the last person who targeted you if applicable, or b) a poster directly previous to you.

You are Heike Kagero.

heikeli2.png

You're an odd fighter. With your long hair and makeup, if you wore a dress you could be mistaken for a girl. But you also have grace and great speed in the ring.

Your traits/powers:
    Dancer's Body: You move with blinding speed in any act you do, making it nearly impossible to see that its you.
    Hair Whip: You strike out using your abnormally efficient control over your hair as a weapon, blinding the target and causing any action they take to go wild.

#26 WORLD C
    You are Mad Clown.

madclownfp3.png

You're a big clown. No, really. That's what you are. Don't ask me, man, I didn't make the game I just translated it to phalla.

Your traits/powers:
    Bear Hug: You clinch the target, and bring him in for a closer look. Once per round, send in a target to Bear Hug. If successful, you will see who that target is.
    ”Funny Like a Clown?”: You like to make people laugh, whether it be through balloon animals or jokes. Every time you post, you must end with a joke. The cornier, the better.

You are Mr. Sandman.
    Your allies are (Soda Popinski), (Pizza Pasta), and (Super Macho Man).

mrsandmanwh2.png

You are a technically sound, and therefore very boring, boxer. Probably one of the best boxers in the WVBA.

Your traits/powers:
    Hard Jab: You punch so hard that your hand hurts. This attack knocks down an opponent.
    Dream Me a Dream: Every morning before a vote end, you must use the word dream in one post.

You are Super Macho Man.
    Your allies are (Soda Popinski), (Pizza Pasta), and (Mr. Sandman).

supermachomange0.png

Your win condition is to defeat the mafia. Your minor win condition is to win the World Circuit championship.

You are one of the most feared boxers in the game. You fight hard and are a proven winner.

Your traits/powers:
    Spin Punch: You spin wildly, knocking out one chosen opponent, and one boxer at random. This power is expended when its used, and takes a day to recharge.
    Macho Macho Man: You've got to be a macho man! You must, once a day, make up a rap based loosely in the game, in order to be like your idol: “Macho Man” Randy Savage.

You are Vodka Drunkenski.
    You are part of the Dream Circuit.
    Your allies are (Narcis Prince), (Hoy Quarlow), (Rick Bruiser), (Nick Bruiser), (Mike Tyson), and (Mr. Dream).

vodkadrunkensipp0.png

Your win condition is to eliminate the other circuits. Each round you must come together to submit one target for early retirement.

You're the mad Russian. You love to fight and you love to drink vodka. And you manage to combine the two.

Your traits/powers:
    Drunken Boxing: You jab an opponent, dazing him for the following round.
    Raving Mad: You're a lunatic. In each post, you must talk madly. As any mad Russian would.

You are Narcis Prince.
    Your allies are (Vodka Drunkenski), (Hoy Quarlow), (Rick Bruiser), (Nick Bruiser), (Mike Tyson), and (Mr. Dream).

narcisga3.png

Your win condition is to eliminate the other circuits. Each round you must come together to submit one target for early retirement.

You talk a big game, but really you're just a big sissy. You wear a big V on your sweater, which stands for “Victory.”

Your traits/powers:
    Victorious Secret: When someone sees you, you show up as a member of their circuit.
    Not in the Face!: Jabs have are twice as effective against you.
    Cocky: You're a braggart. In each post, you must go on and on about how great you are.

You are Hoy Quarlow.
    Your allies are (Vodka Drunkenski), (Narcis Prince), (Rick Bruiser), (Nick Bruiser), (Mike Tyson), and (Mr. Dream).

hoygx0.png

You are an ancient, wise, and cunning fighter. You use your staff to greater effect than your hands.

Your traits/powers:
    Surprising Agility: You move incredibly quick, and therefore can dodge all attacks for that day (besides the vote). You cannot act the following day.
    Stick to the Eye: You blind your opponent with a quick shot to the eye, causing their action for that day to go wild.

You are Rick Bruiser.
    Your allies are (Vodka Drunkenski), (Narcis Prince), (Hoy Quarlow), (Nick Bruiser), (Mike Tyson), and (Mr. Dream).

rickkv1.png

You are the most vanilla fighter in the WVBA. You have only one loss, and that's to your brother, whom you are extremely dedicated to.

Your traits/powers:
    Bland: Sorry, you're kind of boring. In a post containing a vote, you're not allowed to elaborate on your reasoning beyond one sentence.
    Sibling: If your brother goes down first, you retire at the end of the next round's narration.
    Last Hurrah: The night after Nick goes down, you get to use one of his powers.

You are Nick Bruiser.
    Your allies are (Vodka Drunkenski), (Narcis Prince), (Hoy Quarlow), (Rick Bruiser), (Mike Tyson), and (Mr. Dream).

nickks7.png

You're even more vanilla than your brother. But you still fight like a champion.

Your traits/powers:
    Bland: Sorry, you're kind of boring. In a post containing a vote, you're not allowed to elaborate beyond one sentence.
    Earthquaker: You shake the ring, freezing your opponent. That opponent cannot act in that night's narration.
    Sibling: If your brother goes down first, you retire at the end of the next round's narration.

You are Mike Tyson.
    Your allies are (Vodka Drunkenski), (Narcis Prince), (Hoy Quarlow), (Rick Bruiser), (Nick Bruiser), and (Mr. Dream).

miketysonpw4.png

Your win condition is to eliminate the other circuits. Each round you must come together to submit one target for early retirement. Your minor win is to take out Little Mac.

People once thought you were the greatest in the world. You were an undefeated champion, had a hell of a punch, and were lightning quick. You've still got a hell of a punch and now you've got a chip on your shoulder.

Your traits/powers:
    Crazy: You don't really care much about the overall goal until you complete your minor win. You cannot submit orders for your group if Little Mac is still in the game.
    Dynamite Uppercut: You knock one person out, no matter what.
    New Champion!: Win a championship for a power boost.

You are Mr. Dream.
    Your allies are (Vodka Drunkenski), (Narcis Prince), (Hoy Quarlow), (Rick Bruiser), (Nick Bruiser), and (Mike Tyson).

mrdreamlx9.png

Your traits/powers:
    Dreamy Uppercut: You knock one person down, no matter what.

You are the Minor Circuit Champion!

minorcircuitwinep5.png

Your training and discipline have paid off, you've finally done it! You're the champion!

Power Boost:
    Focus: Powers that would normally disable you don't have any effect.

You are the Major Circuit Champion!

majorcircuitwintq7.png

Your training and discipline have paid off, you've finally done it! You're the champion!

Power Boost:
    Importance: Your opinion is more valuable than the other peons. Your vote counts twice.

You are the World Circuit Champion!

worldcircuitwinqc3.png

Power Boost:
    Rematch: When a power (not the vote) would normally knock you out of the game, you are given a second chance at glory. After you're pronounced defeated in the narration, send in an immediate order to challenge who you think won the belt. If you are correct, you come back in the game and knock them out instead.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It wasn't my idea, I just seconded it and sent in the order.

Good god, everyone was masoned? We had even less of a chance to win than I thought, and I thought our chances were zero so that's saying something.

Since everyone had a character assigned from a limited set, and since alignment could be immediately determined by name, all the village had to do was get everyone's name, or the name of everyone who was willing to provide it anyway, and kill all the bad guys and nonresponders. This is in fact what I believed had happened; it's a special kind of insult on top of injury to learn that the village had additional advantages that rendered this unnecessary.

About my being a thrall and not taking advantage of it, I had no real way to do so since I couldn't lie about my name without getting caught, and using my true name would lead to my discovery since Narcis Prince was on the special circuit.

I actually hadn't thought of that! That's a smart strategy, I should've tried it... in truth, I didn't try to do that. But in the end, that would've been a good strategy. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I didn't suggest the strategy because I think it's game-breaking and lame. (And it is.)

Even without it we had the advantage though.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for hosting, Goose!.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, thanks for hosting my first game here! Hopefully the first of many.

Micro on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mechanics issues aside it was a fine first effort with plenty of personality. I expect good things from your next game, Goose.

FunkyWaltDogg on