As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OFFICIAL FALLOUT 3 MEGATHREAD (LOCATION OF THE FAMILY IN OP - STOP ASKING)

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Knob wrote: »
    ascot wrote: »
    Okay so I'm gonna go pick this up.
    If this turns out to be another Mass Effect I'm gonna kill you all.

what was wrong about ME?

absolutely nothing except for ascot's tumor that makes him hate awesome stuff

"Man if this turns out to be awesome, I'm going to be so pissed guys!"

That being said.. I don't have enough money to get F3 now, maybe a bit later (much D:)

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    if i hear the word mod come out of mori's mouth one more god damn time

Burden of Proof on
  • humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Knob wrote: »
    Okay so I'm gonna go pick this up.
    If this turns out to be another Mass Effect I'm gonna kill you all.

what was wrong about ME?

absolutely nothing except for ascot's tumor that makes him hate awesome stuff

yea ME was awesome

i need to pick it up again

humble on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    awwwwwwwwww yeah 8-)

awwwjeah.jpg
    its not actually terrible at all!

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    if i hear the word mod come out of mori's mouth one more god damn time

Unless it's to say "The release date for Fallout3 mod tools has been announced," that is.

scarlet ave. on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey ave, tell your brother next time he's in town to say who the hell it is when he leaves me a voicemail. I thought it was a wrong number

Javen on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I hated ME so much.

ascot on
    edited November 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    Hey ave, tell your brother next time he's in town to say who the hell it is when he leaves me a voicemail. I thought it was a wrong number

Dude is still in Boston for the day, if you're around.

scarlet ave. on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm working a double shift today, unfortunately.

Javen on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I hated ME so much.

we all hate you

PiptheFair on
  • sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited November 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    awwwwwwwwww yeah 8-)

awwwjeah.jpg

where the hell did you get that

fucking 75 damage goddaaaaaamn

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    tagging big weapons was such a mistake, theyre impossible to find on enemies

I have one mini gun that I can use because it broke, a missile launcher and flamer with no ammo and a rock-it launcher that does less damage then my power fist

Oden on
    edited November 2008
    Oden wrote: »

I have one mini gun that I can use because it broke, a missile launcher and flamer with no ammo and a rock-it launcher that does less damage then my power fist

Once you get to about level 12, head to DC and fuck up some super mutants, like every third one has a minigun.

scarlet ave. on
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    i am so bad at being mean to people in this game

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
    edited November 2008
    I'm about to start over with an evil character. My wife has been watching me play on occasion, and basically forced me to be a good character because she can't stand it when I'm mean to NPCs.

I told her that was alright this time around, but next character will be evil. And I'm going to try to make it look like her, and name it after her.

scarlet ave. on
    edited November 2008

This is basically how I feel and why I went with small guns. Big guns are fun, sure, but they just are too rare, weigh too much, and the ammo is too expensive.

The rareness factor is a big one that nixes them imo. Guns just break way too fast unless you can find replacements. That's why I use the assault rifle and hunting rifle almost exclusively, and only bust out the combat shotgun/chinese assault rifle when I really need to or when I have an extra in my inventory for repairs (preferably both).

Lack of armor still blows though. How do you guys deal with that

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited November 2008
    I don't know duder, I'm finding missile launchers all over the place now. which is good and bad. good because hey, missile launchers! bad because hey, everyone is shooting missiles at me!

just be sure to scrounge up a couple and combine them with repair first, instead of just using them when they're nearly broken.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    i can't say i'm struggling with a lack of anything really. Stuff i can't find replacements for i use the store. Also saving up whatever you use and goddamn farming the spots you know their wearers hang out in helps.

Canada_jezus on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

This is basically how I feel and why I went with small guns. Big guns are fun, sure, but they just are too rare, weigh too much, and the ammo is too expensive.

The rareness factor is a big one that nixes them imo. Guns just break way too fast unless you can find replacements. That's why I use the assault rifle and hunting rifle almost exclusively, and only bust out the combat shotgun/chinese assault rifle when I really need to or when I have an extra in my inventory for repairs (preferably both).

roughly three hours into the game I found a BoS corpse

now to train for power armor

PiptheFair on
  • Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The times you die are pretty amusing if you have the Bloody Mess perk :lol: The dude you're used to seeing slow-motion clean shoot off three heads in a row suddenly just kinda has his limbs fall off.

That said, normal difficulty is pretty damn comfy, you don't die much if you're smart, but battles, especially early ones, can still get pretty damn exhilarating. All running away with 20 life, searching through your inventory for anything. Risking radiation poisoning and addiction just for another 30 life. And then getting that lucky crit in vats, just barely making it.

It's not even masochistic, it's just plain satisfying.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
    edited November 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    awwwwwwwwww yeah 8-)

where the hell did you get that

fucking 75 damage goddaaaaaamn
    I can't check in game right now, but there's a HUGE raider camp near the nuka-cola crazy fan bitch (she lives in a town under a bridge that consists of exactly two houses). the camp itself has a super giant huge mutant in a cage outside and inside is a small building complex thats standard then downstairs it leads to an underground raider bazaar.

anyways, I got my shotgun somewhere in there. maybe off a raider or something I don't know, I was just going through my inventory after and noticed it.

edit: come to think of it, it might have been off the neutral merchant in the bazaar. he dropped like 60 shotgun shells which I thought was odd and I can't remember if I really looked at his gun

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So yesterday I finally made the long, argueus trip to the Arlington Library. I'm a few minutes away from it when I encounter a camp of raiders across a highway congested with broken cars. I enter VATS and paw away at a raider wielding a Missile Launcher until she drops the damn thing, engage in a high intensity fire fight with the remaining bastards using my trusty Chinese Assault Rifle, and proceed to reprogram a nearby turret to fight another group of raiders that came at me across an overpass.

As the last of the second wave are mowed down by the turret I breath a sigh of relief, and turn to scavenge the corpses around me, when I hear the zing of a bullet hitting a nearby lamppost. I quickly turn around to realize that there was a third group of raiders hiding by an old metro entrance. Now what's important is that at this point I'm pretty much done for. Left arm close to being crippled, a near broken Rifle, and a 10mm gun with very little ammo. I quicksave, pray to god, and turn to face them.

This is when the awesome happened.

I entered VATS quickly, my trusty 10mm gun in my hand, when I realized I did not lock on to any raider. I had, in fact, locked on to the grenade a raider just threw at me. Figuring this is my only chance to take on the incoming attack, I target the grenade (with 28% of success) and fire. My first shot hit the thing dead on, causing the raider who threw it to lose her arm and her head. To my dismay, the rest of the raiders seemed fine, still coming straight at me. But, and this is the nice part, they came at me through the congested highway, filled with the debris of ruined vehicles. Ruined, nuclear powered vehicles. Vehicles who were now, thanks to the exploding grenade, on fire. Can you guess the next part, children?

"Duck, aaaaaand coooooover!"

The mushroom cloud that explosion caused must've been seen all the way to Fort Independence. I couldn't even find the raiders' bodies afterwards. I did manage to find enough ammo and stimpacks to keep me going in their camp though, so that was all right.

did I mention I fucking love this game?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited November 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »

roughly three hours into the game I found a BoS corpse

now to train for power armor

OK, yeah, there are a few types of armor which are decently abundant. Raider armor, Merc armor (though much, much less common than raider armor, but when you find groups of people wearing it you can definitely grab a bunch), and power armor (though I imagine I'll probably end up killing a decent amount of BoS to grab more). And presumably enclave armor once I actually find any of them.

Right now I'm wearing Metal Armor which I got off the
    Slavers that hang out at the lincoln monument
    but I'll dump it soon just because they'res nothing to repair it with and I hate spending caps on repairs

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I run around wearing a hockey mask because my character is named Coach Bombay

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I hardly think it's fair that I lose karma for exterminating a nest of vampire larper faggots

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ok, uninstalled the game. Won't let me load anything now. Gonna wait until my new motherboard gets here in a week before trying anything again.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    you know what the best thing is?

when i pick pocket something i need and then as a token of my appreciation, i drop a live grenade into their inventory.

nyuk nyuk nyuk

Aretè on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    do they explode??

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    well yeah, it is a live grenade after all

also, where do i find the dog?

Aretè on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    man I am really taking this game slow

like 12 hours in and I'm barely where everyone else seems to be

where the heck is Tenpenny Tower anyway?

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    man I am really taking this game slow

like 12 hours in and I'm barely where everyone else seems to be

where the heck is Tenpenny Tower anyway?

South of Megaton, you can't miss it

I seemed to be going in a rather quick pace

I'm already at level 10

and if I'm not mistaken, the game is capped at level 20

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Minefield quest:
    Is the landmine Moira needs for the optional quest a unique mine because I keep picking up frag mines and that's not it.

msuitepyon on
    edited November 2008
    msuitepyon wrote: »
    Minefield quest:
    Is the landmine Moira needs for the optional quest a unique mine because I keep picking up frag mines and that's not it.
    I just gave her a mine I took from somewhere else and lied about it

I guess I could've actually gone there but fuck that bitch I ain't stepping into a minefield because of that book

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    No it's any old landmine. Frag mines worked for me.

I think I'm going to pick up Scrounger at level 8 because goddamn I am always out of ammo. I carry like 5 guns just so I can use my meager supply of bullets for each.

captaink on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    No it's any old landmine. Frag mines worked for me.

I think I'm going to pick up Scrounger at level 8 because goddamn I am always out of ammo. I carry like 5 guns just so I can use my meager supply of bullets for each.
    I am thinking about doing this

can anyone vouch for scrounger or is it not really worth it?

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2008
    I figured I picked up a bunch of mines, but the quest wouldn't say that it was complete. When I go back to Moira, I have the option to lie about getting a mine for her but not actually giving her a mine.

msuitepyon on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    i really want this game

someone should post some pictures.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My new character is named Paddy O'Connolly. He is addicted to every alcoholic beverage in the game, and goes around punching people in the face who he disagrees with.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited November 2008
    Hooray stereotypes.

msuitepyon on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i really want this game

someone should post some pictures.

ask and you shall recieve