As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• AcetaldehydeAcetaldehyde Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bullshit! You walk on in, look him straight in the eye and go, "Dress yo'self up real pretty, boy! You and me, we's goin' on a DATE! UH HUH THAT'S RIGHT."

I be sure to black out half of my teeth when I do this! Thanks for the advice, mang. :D I'ma get drussed up reeeeal nice-like, like a lady.

My joke would have worked better had you seen Tropic Thunder. Damn reference "humor". :(

Ah well, if you fail at this comedian gig you could always go back to being a lead farmer, motherfucka!

Acetaldehyde on
    Shootan+Fightan.png
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Bullshit! You walk on in, look him straight in the eye and go, "Dress yo'self up real pretty, boy! You and me, we's goin' on a DATE! UH HUH THAT'S RIGHT."

I be sure to black out half of my teeth when I do this! Thanks for the advice, mang. :D I'ma get drussed up reeeeal nice-like, like a lady.

My joke would have worked better had you seen Tropic Thunder. Damn reference "humor". :(

Hahahaha, I actually did see that movie, but I guess I didn't remember that particular reference.

Solly! D:

Well, just to totally run it into the ground, the joke was that I was suggesting you, as a white American female art student, should act in the manner of a white American male actor portraying an Australian male actor portraying a black American male soldier in Vietnam, in order to attract your quarry.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ugliest gandalf ever.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Ugliest gandalf ever.

oh yeah?
    well you're the ugliest blacksmith ever.

beavotron on
    edited November 2008
    Apparently you've never heard of this guy.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited November 2008
    Beavs thinks blacksmiths are supposed to look like Orlando Bloom's character in Kingdom of Heaven.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2008
    Or Orlando Bloom's character in the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited November 2008
    I wish I were hot enough to take up a career in pretending to be a blacksmith. I suspect I'm only attractive enough to take up a career in actual blacksmithing though, and really, ew.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2008
    Really the only requirement is facial hair, black pants, and flannels.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited November 2008
    I thought those were the requirements to start a grunge band.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I thought those were the requirements to start a grunge band.

No no, that would also include being a layabout and B.O.

Tam on
    edited November 2008
    I guess the flannels are optional, but black jeans are usually a signifier.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    sexy gandalf
    I actually laughed out loud (LOLLED) at the "you shall not pass"......that's fantastic.
    ditto.

Jesus, I really wish they hadn't announced Star Wars: Old Republic, because I want to play it so badly that it's like I want heroine. And it's going to be over a year until it actually comes out. Damn video game companies.

In the meantime, I'd REALLY REALLY like a laptop to play Mass Effect on, and probably KotOR 2 again. I love that game more than any other game ever. Actually, I might love FFIX as much, but I can't play that on a PC.

The idea of "credit" sucks. I applied for a student card and they denied me because...I don't have a credit history. OH REALLY? YOU THINK?! If Discover denies me too, I will be so angry. See, I'm getting a loan to buy a laptop, but they split stanford loans in HALF, and I don't get half until February. UGH. I was going to do a "No pay for 90 days" hullabaloo, but again: don't have a credit history. My mom and aunt's credit are also awful right now.

I just want to play Mass Effect. :(

Damn our economy for being based on money that no one actually has yet.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited November 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    sexy gandalf
    I actually laughed out loud (LOLLED) at the "you shall not pass"......that's fantastic.
    ditto.

Jesus, I really wish they hadn't announced Star Wars: Old Republic, because I want to play it so badly that it's like I want heroine. And it's going to be over a year until it actually comes out. Damn video game companies.

In the meantime, I'd REALLY REALLY like a laptop to play Mass Effect on, and probably KotOR 2 again. I love that game more than any other game ever. Actually, I might love FFIX as much, but I can't play that on a PC.

The idea of "credit" sucks. I applied for a student card and they denied me because...I don't have a credit history. OH REALLY? YOU THINK?! If Discover denies me too, I will be so angry. See, I'm getting a loan to buy a laptop, but they split stanford loans in HALF, and I don't get half until February. UGH. I was going to do a "No pay for 90 days" hullabaloo, but again: don't have a credit history. My mom and aunt's credit are also awful right now.

I've discovered that buying a gaming laptop can be really really dumb.

If you really only get to play games at home, just get a desktop rig and an Eee PC for school.

EDIT: Beavo, you are one sexy old man

Tam on
  • NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You know it's a Halloween party when you can piss on the kitchen floor.

Twice.

NeoRedXIII on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am unsure if I would get an infraction, so I have an idea and no talent and I know yall are better than me, so can I request someone to attempt a particular image in my mind that I know would make people laugh?

I would happily pm a mod to know if they thought it appropriate.

RoyceSraphim on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wats all dis then?!

ND: You'll get his number. 100% chance of success!!! CARPE CANUM
    Beavo: That is the most disturbingly arousing costume I've ever seen.

PROX on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Arg. I've been trying to draw all day, but I just can't seem to get anything I like down on paper. Every time I've just ended up crusing the paper in to a ball and throwing it in the recycling. I wish I wasn't such a damn perfectionist, then I might actually get somewhere.

*sigh* :|

Flay on
  • Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Go Flint and Detroit go!

Red_Arremer on
    edited November 2008
    I wish i had fear of constant rejection, instead of constant rejection.

Must...find...love...before...constantly...talk...like...captain....KIRK.

PROX on
    edited November 2008
    PROX wrote: »

PROX you and I need to go out and get plastered and hit on every girl we see.

Tam on
    edited November 2008
    Tam wrote: »

PROX you and I need to go out and get plastered and hit on every girl we see.

YEAH GET IN THE CAR OH CRAP COPS!
    Be Cool BE Cool1

How you Officer doing?!

PROX on
  • LaliluleloLalilulelo Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    edited November 2008
    That was pretty good.

PROX on
    edited November 2008
    sexy gandalf
    ditto.

If you really only get to play games at home, just get a desktop rig and an Eee PC for school.

I thought of it, but to get a real value I'd have to put it together, and I really don't feel like doing that. The Asus I want to get seems decent. I mean: 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 512 Nvidia 9600 GS. I don't see how that could go wrong just because it folds. I'm not looking for some mega gaming giant, I just want to play a few games.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited November 2008
    just got a vostro with quad core 2.4ghz
    2gb ram
    256MB ATI Radeon HD 3450

for 578. It's not a wtfpwn system but just play World of Warcraft anyways. And I can always switch out the card for a $100 geforce down the line.

PROX on
    edited November 2008
    sexy gandalf
    ditto.

I thought of it, but to get a real value I'd have to put it together, and I really don't feel like doing that. The Asus I want to get seems decent. I mean: 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 512 Nvidia 9600 GS. I don't see how that could go wrong just because it folds. I'm not looking for some mega gaming giant, I just want to play a few games.

No, what you don't know is that even with a heatsink and a beefed up fan, that Asus is going to overheat really bad. What you're also not considering is that Asus laptops' speakers blow and that that fan is going to be loud and whiny.

It is also going to be heavy enough that you're going to be cramped for space for your books or you'll have to carry it in a different bag. Believe me- it's more of an inconvenience than it sounds like.

I know this because I have an Asus 2.0 ghz, 2gb, 256mb nVidia 8600. You're running higher stats on everything, so it's going to be even worse for you.

What's your budget here? If it's $1500 or over, it really is better to get a desktop (that you can continue to modify and upgrade as games' demands increase) and a small laptop than it is to get a gaming laptop.

Also keep in mind that whatever battery life they've told you is straight up bullshit because as soon as you start playing a game- you're looking at 45 minutes, tops. Maybe 1 hour 10 minutes if you get a nine-cell battery.

Tam on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    Bravo.

:D

NightDragon on
    edited November 2008
    No, what you don't know is that even with a heatsink and a beefed up fan, that Asus is going to overheat really bad. What you're also not considering is that Asus laptops' speakers blow and that that fan is going to be loud and whiny.

It is also going to be heavy enough that you're going to be cramped for space for your books or you'll have to carry it in a different bag. Believe me- it's more of an inconvenience than it sounds like.

I know this because I have an Asus 2.0 ghz, 2gb, 256mb nVidia 8600. You're running higher stats on everything, so it's going to be even worse for you.

What's your budget here? If it's $1500 or over, it really is better to get a desktop (that you can continue to modify and upgrade as games' demands increase) and a small laptop than it is to get a gaming laptop.

Also keep in mind that whatever battery life they've told you is straight up bullshit because as soon as you start playing a game- you're looking at 45 minutes, tops. Maybe 1 hour 10 minutes if you get a nine-cell battery.
    I've read up on this one a lot, heating hasn't been a problem for anyone. I know someone who owns one, and he hasn't had it overheat. I have my own speakers, and I won't be playing too many games outside my room (and if I did, it would be with headphones). I don't know about heavy...I don't really have a problem with heavy, I've held this one before, it didn't seem too bad.

It's also only $1100. Battery life also isn't an issue, I don't think I'd ever expect to play a game on a laptop without having the power cord close by.

But you're right in most respects. I'll look into it, and I already have a "decent" laptop that just needs a wireless card, but I don't know. When I look at PC hardware there's always something better, and when that happens I have a really hard time buying anything. I also really don't know enough about motherboards and parts to do anything well, and I've already been witness to everything my dad building killing itself within 6 months.

A laptop is a more secure purchase, something I can just be sure of when it comes out of the box. I know someone who has the same one, or else I'd probably be having a harder time choosing. He hasn't had any problems with any of his games. I'll look at desktops, but I honestly don't think I'd be unhappy with this laptop.

[edit] Oh, plus I'd have to buy a monitor, and I'm extremely uncomfortable putting a computer together myself, and I don't exactly trust my dad. I have a friend that could help -- Wait, actually, that's not even a question, I don't think the school would give me a loan to do that. If I came in with a receipt full of computer parts, they'd be really skeptical.

I]edit[/I Oh man, but I just remembered I know someone who has a spare flatscreen monitor. And some of these gaming PCs on Newegg that are the same price are mighty fine. What with 6GB of memory. Shenanigans!

srsizzy on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bravo.

:D:D:D

beavotron on
    edited November 2008
    So I am making a giant felt moustache for my next piece in metals.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bravo.

Why the fuck can't more politicians be reasonable like this. Views change, and it shouldn't be such a shameful thing to change your policies.

earthwormadam on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    sexygandalf2.jpg

So many lols.

desperaterobots on
    edited November 2008
    Bravo.

Why the fuck can't more politicians be reasonable like this. Views change, and it shouldn't be such a shameful thing to change your policies.

That took some guts. I think that guy is pretty cool.

PROX on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    10:13am. Just pulled an all-nighter. Finished a 2000 word essay on the contradictions of Innovation. Total shit. Not due for another four days, but i wanted to get it out of the way and spend the next few nights working on my paintings.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I feel kind of gypped having completed my BA in three years and having never had an all-nighter for anything ever.

Uncle Long on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bravo.

That took some guts. I think that guy is pretty cool.

You can tell that that man almost lost it more than a few times in that interview.

This really isn't something you see everyday folks. Savor the moment.

Godfather on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    I feel kind of gypped having completed my BA in three years and having never had an all-nighter for anything ever.

Believe me , you didn't miss out on much. I'm now beyond the point where i can go to sleep.

winter_combat_knight on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Uncle Long wrote: »

Believe me , you didn't miss out on much. I'm now beyond the point where i can go to sleep.

Yeah the all-nighter eats shit, I did it a couple of times and it was never a remotely enjoyable experience. Even the bragging rights afforded the all-nighter really aren't worth the journey.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.