As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need some help, completely flummoxed

SpawnofbillSpawnofbill Registered User new member
edited November 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
Need some help finding something.
So I know the insane chests gives you a Cardboard Tube Samurai costume, I've got every piece except for the pants, and I can't find the last chest. I really hope it wasn't in the symposium room cause it's already demolished!

Spawnofbill on

• Options
    AceOfSomethingOrOtherAceOfSomethingOrOther Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have good news and bad news? I think?
    There is a box in the Symposium, but I clearly remember it being the tube and not the pants. Is it possible you already got it? The pants were the third item I got, but I can't remember where. The sandals I got on Desperation Street and I think I got the costume top in (crap, can't remember the name) the rich neighborhood.

This probably doesn't help at all, and I am sorry.

AceOfSomethingOrOther on
  • Options
    SpawnofbillSpawnofbill Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    Yeah I was pretty sure that I picked up the tube there as well. I've been looking all over the areas for the damned pants. I'm going back over my normal game and trying to see where they are.

Spawnofbill on
  • Options
    ImmersionImmersion Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wait, hold up- where are the damnable sandals? I mean, Desperation Street is a rather tiny area, so I'm not sure I can be really missing anything, but that is certainly the part I'm missing.
    Oh, and the part you're looking for is in
    the morgue area of Cloying Odor Sanitarium- the small room with the drawers on the wall? One of the drawers has ff'ers in it and another has an album or art or something. The chest is in the right corner, closest to you.

Immersion on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, also, pretty sure you can still grab the chest from the symposium after it gets wrecked. It's on the right-hand wall close to the near end, if I recall.

Immersion on
  • Options
    ReaganReagan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can you grab the tube at any time? I checked in the "symposium started" and it wasn't there. Is it only available during the symposium or after the big robot smashed everything?

Update:
    it appeared when the symposium actually started. It was gone after the party got crashed but that could be because I already received the item. I'm wearing my new suit now. It's everything I imagined and more

Reagan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Glorious, but where are the sandals?

Immersion on
  • Options
    AceOfSomethingOrOtherAceOfSomethingOrOther Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Immersion wrote: »
    Glorious, but where are the sandals?
    Desperation street, slightly forward and to the right. The box should be kind of next to the right-most fireworks box. Although you did mention you already looked on Desperation Street, and like you said it is rather small, but I'm sure that's where I got 'em. Maybe it switches stuff around?

AceOfSomethingOrOther on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The chest in Desperation Street doesn't appear when you first start - it doesn't show up until after you've talked to Anne Claire.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So, if we were to make a list:
    Sandals in Desperation Street
    Shirt right at the beginning of the rich area, by the building with the hobo on top
    Pants in Cloying Odor Sanitarium, in the morgue room at the corner to the far right, closest to the camera
    Tube in the Symposium Ballroom, on the right wall, once the event starts.

Soo...that's all four. Somehow my outfit is still locked, however- I have a feeling I may have bugged the sandals out of existence somehow.

Immersion on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Alright, yeah, confirmed this.
    The sandals are definitely what I'm missing, and they are not where they're supposed to be. I made a new game really quick just to check, and they were right there, to the left of the rightmost fireworks box, after I talked to Anne-Claire the first time. I'm not sure at what point they disappeared, or if they somehow never appeared in the first place, but that's the deal.
    I'll make a bug report, anyway.

Immersion on
  • Options
    ReaganReagan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    minor bug, flaw:
    If your the cardboard samari and you upgrade your "hoe" it takes away your cardbord tube. I'm not sure if it unbuffs the +75 attack the tube gets you or not. If you un-equip and re-equip the outfit you get the tube back. It'd be awesome if the tube itself got upgraded. Maybe leave some Christmas wrap on it or something.

Reagan on