As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kirsten Dunst and Epistemology (+HAWT)

JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Irond Will wrote:
ElJeffe wrote:
Then again, I thought the same of Kirsten Dunst after seeing her in Interview With a Vampire, and she isn't exactly setting the celluloid on fire.
You're just still pissed that she wants to kill Spider Man.
Say WHAT!

Is she a fundie or something?

....Bitch no! Leave Peter Parker the fuck alone, unless your trying to blow or fuck him that is, then pics or it didn't happen.

So that's how this thread got started.

Edit: Irond pooped in my bucket.

Johannen on

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Then again, I thought the same of Kirsten Dunst after seeing her in Interview With a Vampire, and she isn't exactly setting the celluloid on fire.
    Say WHAT!

....Bitch no! Leave Peter Parker the fuck alone, unless your trying to blow or fuck him that is, then pics or it didn't happen.
    She stated "Spider-Man should die in the third film." Something about it being a fitting end for the movies. I...love her...but what a fucktard.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

She stated "Spider-Man should die in the third film." Something about it being a fitting end for the movies. I...love her...but what a fucktard.

Man, superheroes die all the goddamn time, and quite frankly, since Parker has no healing-related abilities, it wouldn't be absurd for him to get killed. They can just bring him back via some absurd plot device in the 4th one.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

Man, superheroes die all the goddamn time, and quite frankly, since Parker has no healing-related abilities, it wouldn't be absurd for him to get killed. They can just bring him back via some absurd plot device in the 4th one.
    It was absurd for her to make the comment. The only thing people want to hear from Kirsten Dunst is "oooh Spider-man is dreamy" or nothing at all. No need to shit on the comic.

Drez on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    In her defense, Kirsten Dunst is hella hawt.

Yar on
    edited January 2007
    Yar wrote:

Especially in that movie where she's a rebellious teenage girl with all kinds of emotional problems. I don't remember the name of it.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited January 2007
    Yar wrote:

I concur. Most people do not, but I think she's gorgeous.

Drez on
    edited January 2007
    Yar wrote:

Especially in that movie where she's a rebellious teenage girl with all kinds of emotional problems. I don't remember the name of it.

Crazy/Beautiful

Drez on
    edited January 2007
    Bring it On?

Yar on
    edited January 2007
    Movies Kirsten Dunst was hot in:

Crazy/Beautiful
    Get Over It
    Bring It On
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 2
    The Virgin Suicides
    Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
    The Cat's Meow
    Dick
    and all of my fantasies

Drez on
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

Crazy/Beautiful
    Get Over It
    Bring It On
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 2
    The Virgin Suicides
    The Cat's Meow
    Dick
    and all of my fantasies

Agreed. She was also hot in Interview with a Vampire, and I refuse to back down on that, because she's like 2 weeks older than me, so I don't feel dirty for thinking she was hot at 11.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

Crazy/Beautiful
    Get Over It
    Bring It On
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 2
    The Virgin Suicides
    The Cat's Meow
    Dick

and all of my fantasies
    Which, lets be honest, consist pretty much of scenes from Spider Man.

And Bring it On.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2007
    Agreed. She was also hot in Interview with a Vampire, and I refuse to back down on that, because she's like 2 weeks older than me, so I don't feel dirty for thinking she was hot at 11.
    Perv. But yeah.

Yar on
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    Drez wrote:

Crazy/Beautiful
    Get Over It
    Bring It On
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 2
    The Virgin Suicides
    The Cat's Meow
    Dick

and all of my fantasies

And Bring it On.

Bah, I'll stick with her wearing a top that amounted to almost nothing when she was getting tacos with that Mexican guy in Crazy/Beautiful, and dancing all seductively with her hot friend.

Additionally, her in her underwear and no bra slowly climbing over that dude in her bed later in the movie was even more awesome.

Fuck. I need to see that movie again.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited January 2007
    I...have all of those on DVD except The Virgin Suicides.

I highly recommend Get Over It which is a fun comedy. She's not really in TOO much of it, but she's a bright spot in it.

edit: I think I'll go watch Crazy/Beautiful now.

Drez on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    Man I derailed the fuck out of this thread. My apologies. Get back to poor victimized child actors pls.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

I highly recommend Get Over It which is a fun comedy. She's not really in TOO much of it, but she's a bright spot in it.

I loved Get Over It. It's nothing amazing, but pretty funny, and Martin Short is pretty fucking hilarious.

Also, the other two women in it are hot as fuck, in addition to Dunst, making it a very easy movie to watch.

Vincent Grayson on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    Drez wrote:

Crazy/Beautiful
    Get Over It
    Bring It On
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 2
    The Virgin Suicides
    The Cat's Meow
    Dick

and all of my fantasies

And Bring it On.

Bah, I'll stick with her wearing a top that amounted to almost nothing when she was getting tacos with that Mexican guy in Crazy/Beautiful, and dancing all seductively with her hot friend.

Additionally, her in her underwear and no bra slowly climbing over that dude in her bed later in the movie was even more awesome.

Fuck. I need to see that movie again.

Spiderman: nipples in the rain scene

HOT

nexuscrawler on
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

I loved Get Over It. It's nothing amazing, but pretty funny, and Martin Short is pretty fucking hilarious.

Also, the other two women in it are hot as fuck, in addition to Dunst, making it a very easy movie to watch.

Mila Kunis and the...other girl. Both hot, yeah.

t Nexus: True dat.

Drez on
    edited January 2007
    Hey yeah. Back to kid actors and rape and shit, pls.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    o.k, but can i start a kirsten Dunst appreciation thread?

Johannen on
    edited January 2007
    So, yeah, I'd nail her.

Drez on
    edited January 2007
    Lol, classic.

Johannen on
    edited January 2007
    I've never seen any Bring it On movies but their very existence makes me feel dirty, what with all the Kirsten Dunst and Hayden Pantiesereeere.

And Eliza Dushku.

Yar on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

Actually, she was commenting on the fact that comics lacked suspense because you always knew they were going to win. And to a certain extent, she was right. there really is no risk to Spider-Man, except for bad writing.

Fencingsax on
  • ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    I can't get passed her face.

There is something wrong with her mouth/teeth.

Shinto on
    edited January 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

Actually, she was commenting on the fact that comics lacked suspense because you always knew they were going to win. And to a certain extent, she was right. there really is no risk to Spider-Man, except for bad writing.

Surely they can't kill Spidey before a certain age because it would go against the Spiderman lore or something? It's the frickin' lore man! You gotta respect the lore!

Johannen on
    edited January 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

And again, nobody cares what she thinks. She's paid to act, not share her opinion on why fans of Spider-Man are misguided in enjoying the comic/character/movies. It was a dumb comment.

Hopefully she will eventually be paid to do full-frontal.

Drez on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'd hit it.

mcdermott on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

And again, nobody cares what she thinks. She's paid to act, not share her opinion on why fans of Spider-Man are misguided in enjoying the comic/character/movies. It was a dumb comment.

Yes, except she was in an interview about a movie she was in. What is she supposed to say, "Tee Hee, I have an opinion, but ogle me instead?"

Fencingsax on
    edited January 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

Yes, except she was in an interview about a movie she was in. What is she supposed to say, "Tee Hee, I have an opinion, but ogle me instead?"

Yes. Haven't you seen Entourage? That's exactly what she was supposed to do. You do not alienate fans of your own film with your own philosophies in an interview. That is why it was a dumb comment.

I'm not saying her opinion is dumb, just that it was inappropriate to comment as such.

Drez on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

She and I were born on the same day. Does that mean I get first dibs?

Dibs! I called it.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm pretty sure if a nooblar of some kind started this thread it'd be mega locked.

But hey, what does everyone think about tits?

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2007
    I'm pretty sure if a nooblar of some kind started this thread it'd be mega locked.

But hey, what does everyone think about tits?

I do things tastefully around here, and no touching. It's like a strip club with discussions. :winky:

Plus I ask mods super nicely and all. :oops:

Johannen on
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

Yes. Haven't you seen Entourage? That's exactly what she was supposed to do. You do not alienate fans of your own film with your own philosophies in an interview. That is why it was a dumb comment.

I'm not saying her opinion is dumb, just that it was inappropriate to comment as such.

No, I haven't seen Entourage. However, she appeased/enraged fans even more by leaking who the enemies were, and so they all went "Kirsten stoopid dum lol" and then did everything they could to find out about movie Sandman and Venom.

Honestly, it's not like anyone went "She thinks Spiderman should die? (because this is how most people paraphrased it, like you did) Well screw that, I'm not going to see the movie" Anyone who gave a shit is going to see the movie anyway.

Fencingsax on
    edited January 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

No, I haven't seen Entourage. However, she appeased/enraged fans even more by leaking who the enemies were, and so they all went "Kirsten stoopid dum lol" and then did everything they could to find out about movie Sandman and Venom.

Honestly, it's not like anyone went "She thinks Spiderman should die? (because this is how most people paraphrased it, like you did) Well screw that, I'm not going to see the movie" Anyone who gave a shit is going to see the movie anyway.

Maybe, or maybe there exists someone with such absolute fan-crazed ideals that her comment alienated him to the point where he would not see the film. Also, the paraphrase is accurate - I read the actual interview, and ultimately she did say she thought it would be interesting if Spider-Man died in the third film.

You just don't do that. It goes against everything actors and actresses are supposed to do. Hell, you could consider it a spoiler for non-fans that don't know Spider-Man lives forever. By saying he should die, she's basically saying he doesn't.

I can sit here and list off a hundred reasons why her comments throughout the interview were bad, but I'll just ogle her instead because I don't care anymore.

Drez on
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Say WHAT!

Maybe, or maybe there exists someone with such absolute fan-crazed ideals that her comment alienated him to the point where he would not see the film. Also, the paraphrase is accurate - I read the actual interview, and ultimately she did say she thought it would be interesting if Spider-Man died in the third film.

You just don't do that. It goes against everything actors and actresses are supposed to do. Hell, you could consider it a spoiler for non-fans that don't know Spider-Man lives forever. By saying he should die, she's basically saying he doesn't.

I can sit here and list off a hundred reasons why her comments throughout the interview were bad, but I'll just ogle her instead because I don't care anymore.

I'm not sure how you would think Spider-Man was dead. I'm pretty sure everyone who is aware that comic books exist are still aware that certain characters are alive, however vaguely. And if not, they at least know he still alive in the context of the movie As for the Movie, it isn't for the uberfan to critique to death, anyway. It's for the family who will pay their however much to see the damn movie. It's aimed a demographic who will not be particularly stirred at her comments.

You don't seem to have any good ones, so go have fun.

Fencingsax on
    edited January 2007
    Shinto wrote:
    I can't get passed her face.

There is something wrong with her mouth/teeth.
    Then you are gay.

Yar on
    edited January 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    [quote:3222675346="ElJeffe"]Then again, I thought the same of Kirsten Dunst after seeing her in Interview With a Vampire, and she isn't exactly setting the celluloid on fire.
    Say WHAT!

I'm not sure how you would think Spider-Man was dead. I'm pretty sure everyone who is aware that comic books exist are still aware that certain characters are alive, however vaguely. And if not, they at least know he still alive in the context of the movie As for the Movie, it isn't for the uberfan to critique to death, anyway. It's for the family who will pay their however much to see the damn movie. It's aimed a demographic who will not be particularly stirred at her comments.

You don't seem to have any good ones, so go have fun.[/quote:3222675346]

You gave one yourself - she spoiled one of the villains. My reasons are all correct; it isn't my fault you cannot conceive how it is simply inappropriate for an actor/actress to contemplate what should or should not happen in future movies they contractually obligated to appear in. Would it be okay if Keifer Sutherland sat down with E! and said "y'know, I think they should make Jack Bauer gay next season. Always wanted to play a gay guy. I think Jack Bauer's run his course with women" - you think that's appropriate? Granted, that's an extreme example, but I think you get my point.

The fact that such comments could alienate a potential viewer is why they are inappropriate comments. It doesn't matter who the demographic is, you shouldn't alienate any as an actress. In one episode of Entourage - admittedly a comedy - one character says to another "Vince, remember, they don't pay you to act, they pay you to promote," which is a half-truth. They pay actors and actresses to do both. Her comments weren't really promotional, they were selfish postulations on Spider-Man which may or may not be taken negatively. By painting herself in a bad light toward certain fans, she is actually diluting the marketability of the movie. I'm not sure how she wasn't sued for her comments.

Drez on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:

Prior to a movie's release, actors are supposed to be very, very careful about what they say regarding the movie. Not just in regards to spoilers, but also in regards to the quality of the movie, merchandising, and possible sequels. If the actor is under contract to do sequels, usually this restriction extends until after their contract is over. They're basically acting as representatives of the studio. After Spider-Man 3's opening weekend is over and she's no longer under contract to do any more Spider-Man movies, she's free to say whatever she wants.

So, no, she doesn't get a free pass just because she was in an interview.

[spoiler:6309846bff]Also, Shinto's right. Kirsten Dunst is not very attractive.[/spoiler:6309846bff]

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Don't forget Wimbledon. Wasn't there a brief shower scene in that? That's all I remember about the movie. Because it was stupid and about tennis.

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
This discussion has been closed.