As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Like a thing unto iron!

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Coming January...
    IMMORTAL IRON FIST #22
    Written by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKi
    Penciled by TRAVEL FOREMAN
    Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
    Iron Fist and the Immortal Weapons kick off another
    dimension-spanning adventure! Think you know everything there is to know about the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven? Well, maybe you do. But a couple of arcs ago we did tease there being an EIGHTH city...oh that’s right...Duane Swierczynski and Travel Foreman are taking it there!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
    ironfistv2022_cvr.jpg

Crimsondude on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    awww jeah

i've been wondering when we will see more of these guys

DouglasDanger on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I would read a swashbuckling adventure of Orson and crew. That was freaking awesome. Or him being solo. Or anything. God he's awesome.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
    edited October 2008
    i wish more people would have bought iron fist in its first year. fraction wanted to do two iron fist books and marvel shot him down.

DouglasDanger on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I hate that comics have such a small audience. If 5,000 readers weren't the difference between success and failure, it would allow for more breathing space for some cool books.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i wish more people would have bought iron fist in its first year. fraction wanted to do two iron fist books and marvel shot him down.

That would have been awesome. But in light of the fact that the readership is so light its better to have it all focused on one book, not spread out over 2 which would likely both be canceled.
    I hate that comics have such a small audience. If 5,000 readers weren't the difference between success and failure, it would allow for more breathing space for some cool books.

Good things are doomed to fail in every medium. Look at Firefly or any good show ever. Arrested Development, Family Guy, **insert favorite show here**.

valiance on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    you said good things and then Family Guy and Firefly in the same sentence.

this does not compute.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2008
    No, they aren't in the same sentence.

Crimsondude on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ...hey... hey guys, my costume is nearing completion! Orson Randall will live again:
    IMG_0035.jpg

Prospicience on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wow thats looking pretty nice.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I picked up the first two Immortal Iron Fist trades, and singles to catch up. They were pretty good, and I'm happy with the decision.

My only complaint is I don't really like the execution of the other Immortal Weapons. They seem kind of weird, I don't know exactly how to pin it. I think I wish they had been more like Iron Fist with the costumes, or something. Except for the Orphan and Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, they're awesome. Anyways, what is up with the Spider girl always saying je je je je je

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited November 2008
    wait

are you saying

you are anti-Fat Cobra

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    je je signifies laughter.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2008
    Fat Cobra's cool and all, but he's pretty much just a strong fat guy! I just want him to be a strong fat guy in a unique Iron Fist suit that displays his talents! (Meaning it would be a belly shirt. But still.)

Faynor on
    edited November 2008
    but there's only one Iron Fist

why would people who are not the Iron Fist have an Iron Fist costume?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, Steel Phoenix is enough.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2008
    But it would've be an Iron Fist costume. It would be a Fat Cobra costume. It would just be more of a costume than his gigantic diaper-thing. Also, what's up with their names. Fat Cobra? Tiger's Beautiful Daughter? You got a cool name like Iron Fist, then you got a guy named Dog Brother #1? What gives!

Faynor on
    edited November 2008
    Their names are supposed to be English translations, which is why they sound odd.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2008
    Well there goes all the material for my Seinfeld-esque Iron Fist rant.

Faynor on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Fat Cobra is a big sumo wrestler
    Sumo wrestlers wear the diaper type things

Me Too! on
    edited November 2008
    Just got around to finishing volume III. Wu Ao-shi was a badass... well all the iron fists are badass for that matter. Loved the Orson Randall and Bei Beng We story lines.

My orson costume and my little bro's danny costume all finished:
    n1074390140_30028440_3598.jpg

Prospicience on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Haha, excellent.

I would have had to go as Fat Cobra. :(

Wildcat on
    edited November 2008
    Hmmm... I will have to post my orson costume tonight. I got a lot of compliments at the local comic shop, though my bandana does not look nearly as sophisticated as yours.

jeddy lee on
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    edited November 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Haha, excellent.

I'm trying to think of something reassuring while at the same time saying that Fat Cobra is a badass in part because he has about 1000x the confidence of most fat people and that makes a Hell of a difference.

Crimsondude on
  • Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited November 2008
    Faynor wrote: »
    It would be a Fat Cobra costume. It would just be more of a costume than his gigantic diaper-thing. Also, what's up with their names. Fat Cobra? Tiger's Beautiful Daughter? You got a cool name like Iron Fist, then you got a guy named Dog Brother #1? What gives!
    watch some wuxia, god damn it.

Also, how often do you have speedy and angile fat guys who can punch shit with hurricanes? he is not typical.

Dareth Ram on
    edited November 2008
    I never used the word typical there, chum. I just summarized him in a glittering generality!

Faynor on
    edited November 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Haha, excellent.

I'm trying to think of something reassuring while at the same time saying that Fat Cobra is a badass in part because he has about 1000x the confidence of most fat people and that makes a Hell of a difference.
    Very true, but then if I could summon the lightning on a guy's ass I would probably have self-confidence to burn too. :P

Bring me my wenches of posting!

Wildcat on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dareth Ram wrote: »
    It would be a Fat Cobra costume. It would just be more of a costume than his gigantic diaper-thing. Also, what's up with their names. Fat Cobra? Tiger's Beautiful Daughter? You got a cool name like Iron Fist, then you got a guy named Dog Brother #1? What gives!

Its rather the point of the Immortal Weapons that they're pastiches of the wuxia and 70's martial arts movies, just like how Luke Cage is basically Blaxplotian man who hangs around with his best friend white-martial-artist-from-every-western-martial-arts-movie-ever-produced-in-the-west man. Their names are meant to sound slightly garbled Chinese to English translations.

That said, i think that the Immortal Weapons haven't been particularly well used this arc. Personally i think it would have been a much better idea to have an arc about Danny and the Weapons out in the world fighting Hydra, experiencing the modern world and generally developing their characters.

It seems a bit rushed to jump straight from the tourney arc to Danny being hunted down by unstoppable dragon man. Two arcs in a row about Danny getting slapped around like a pansy is a bit much for my taste.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    JEddy Post it! Orsons unite.

Wildcat: I see nothing wrong with being Fat Cobra, he's easily my favorite so far out of the immortal weapons (that aren't the Iron Fists).

Prospicience on
    edited November 2008
    Dareth Ram wrote: »

Its rather the point of the Immortal Weapons that they're pastiches of the wuxia and 70's martial arts movies, just like how Luke Cage is basically Blaxplotian man who hangs around with his best friend white-martial-artist-from-every-western-martial-arts-movie-ever-produced-in-the-west man. Their names are meant to sound slightly garbled Chinese to English translations.

That said, i think that the Immortal Weapons haven't been particularly well used this arc. Personally i think it would have been a much better idea to have an arc about Danny and the Weapons out in the world fighting Hydra, experiencing the modern world and generally developing their characters.

It seems a bit rushed to jump straight from the tourney arc to Danny being hunted down by unstoppable dragon man. Two arcs in a row about Danny getting slapped around like a pansy is a bit much for my taste.

But...Seven Cities ended with Danny punching a fucking train

Me Too! on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, and it managed to suck somehow.

august on
    edited November 2008
    no it did not

ya'll dumb

wiggin knows the score

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2008
    it would have been better with a consistent art team, but it was still awesome.

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2008
    JEddy Post it! Orsons unite.

Wildcat: I see nothing wrong with being Fat Cobra, he's easily my favorite so far out of the immortal weapons (that aren't the Iron Fists).

It's the being fat part that sucks ass.

Crimsondude on
    edited November 2008
    This.

Wildcat on
    edited November 2008
    no it did not

ya'll dumb

wiggin knows the score

Side benefit of owning Spidey Super Stories
    Check Mile High, if you haven't already. That dude's got everything

Me Too! on
    edited November 2008
    Those guys seem really over priced, at least on their webstore. Roll with mycomicshop.com.

Dog Brother #1 is awesome. I really need to get the latest issue of IIF.

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2008
    Gah, finally got these uploaded. Here is my buddy as the Joker, my wife as Mr. T and me as Orson.
    l_0e0c55da9e8c4b8b97f27d99d25a724c.jpg
    l_f78917c332fe482da93066461e545920.jpg
    l_b87cb211e87246b0bfee2a4f7cfe27f7.jpg

jeddy lee on
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    edited November 2008
    Those guys seem really over priced, at least on their webstore. Roll with mycomicshop.com.

Dog Brother #1 is awesome. I really need to get the latest issue of IIF.

I ordered stuff from him through ebay and it was what I would have paid at a shop

Me Too! on
    edited November 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »
    no it did not

ya'll dumb

wiggin knows the score

Side benefit of owning Spidey Super Stories
    Check Mile High, if you haven't already. That dude's got everything

I'm trying to buy them slowly but surely.

Also conventions are a great place to get things hella cheap, too.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg