As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME ON]Animal Crossing: Has no ending...

• Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Good morning, Animal Crossing thread. I lost a million in turnips because you slept in.

So on the 19th, to commemorate Zelda TP's release, there is supposed to be a special gift mail from Nintendo if you go online. My guess is that it's the [spoiler:849d89d86f]F-Zero car[/spoiler:849d89d86f]Hopefully it's not just a Triforce or Master sword.

And hey! Remember that Animal Crossing movie? IIRC, it's coming out, what, December or something? Anyways, there's more footage!

Eyes5 on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Can't sleep, excited about Wii in two days. Playing Animal Crossing with open gates.

Join me if you like.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    And hey! Remember that Animal Crossing movie? IIRC, it's coming out, what, December or something? Anyways, there's more footage!

What I don't understand is how this movie could possibly have a point.

Lemming on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    It's special Nintendo gift week for the Wii launch. Someone open up your gates, I demand it.

(455343366261 Jaef:Gilead)

JAEF on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Well I didn't head over to anyone's town, but I did hop on Wifi momentarily and recieved........

A Master Sword in my mail as a gift from Nintondo :|

I already have one. Rare my ass.

JAEF on
    edited November 2006
    JAEF wrote:
    Well I didn't head over to anyone's town, but I did hop on Wifi momentarily and recieved........

A Master Sword in my mail as a gift from Nintondo :|

I already have one. Rare my ass.

I got one too.

My Gates are Open, btw.

jonxp on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I haven't received anything yet.

Sarksus on
  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Thanks to this thread and doing a little bit of research I will be purchasing this game for mine and my fiances DS Lites. Is there anything I need to know to make this game more fun when I get it in a few days?

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
    edited November 2006
    Oh okay. It was delivered after I closed the gates.

I wish I could lay it horizontally on my table.

Sarksus on
    edited November 2006
    If you've connected to the WFC, you'll receive it when you disconnect (and maybe save and come back).

As far as things to know:

I asked that when I got the game too, and people starting throwing things at me...this game just has so much STUFF in it...you wouldn't believe it all.

Remember that the game passes in real time, and many events/people/items are only available at certain times of day, or certain times of the year. Every day there's fossils buried somewhere in your town, you can find them by digging up spots that look like cracks in the ground. You'll know them when you see them. The fruti from native trees is worth 100 bells (in game currency) but make friends with other folks over WiFi and you can plant non native trees whose fruit is worth 500 bells each.

Be prepared to become hoplessly addicted for a short while. I've had the game for a few months and it's still my fallback "need to waste some time chilling" game (along with Clubhouse Games).

jonxp on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So I need a friend's code to get started, it seems.

So help me out, guys. =)

My friend code is 3737-2468-3391.
    City: Tyreme // Name: Tony

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Athenor wrote:

So help me out, guys. =)

You don't actually have to go to someone's town to get the gift. You just have to go talk to the guard and he'll say he's connecting and then you just cancel out once it asks you which town you want to go to.

The only problem I can see is if you have NO one on your friend's list so the guy just plain refuses to connect. I'm not really sure.

YodaTuna on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    That's my problem.

Lemme go put someone in.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • The SphinxThe Sphinx Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Athenor wrote:

So help me out, guys. =)

3007-0838-8582 / Jeremiah / Hoyle. You've been added.

The Sphinx on
    edited November 2006
    Woot! I connected, and Nintendo sent me the letter instantly...

The gates to my sucky, only been played 3-4 times town are open. =) Then again, only Sphinx can get in at the moment, I think.

Athenor on
  • D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Master Sword? It should have been something badass, like a Link hat or something.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
    edited November 2006
    3093-1397-8575/JonXP/Xopolis

I've added y'all. (and readded DT)

Edit: I tried to add you DT, but it says incorrect friend code.

jonxp on
    edited November 2006
    D.T. wrote:
    Master Sword? It should have been something badass, like a Link hat or something.

They can only give you something that's already on the cartridge, I think.

Sarksus on
  • Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    D.T. wrote:
    Also, what about the Master Sword isn't badass? :o

Walrus Pete on
    edited November 2006
    jonxp wrote:

I had a typo in the code. The three and the eight were switched, accidently. It's correct now.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
    edited November 2006
    D.T. wrote:
    jonxp wrote:

I had a typo in the code. The three and the eight were switched, accidently. It's correct now.

OK Fixed.

jonxp on
  • YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So, totally hypothetical question: Let's say a, ah, friend, has his game set back in April, since he stopped playing then and didn't want to lose any time. If he connects to WFC, in "April," will he get his Master Sword?

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited November 2006
    He should, because Nintendo just sends them down the pipes on certain dates. They aren't tied to your DS's gameplay, really.

Though, let us know if it doesn't work.

jonxp on
  • YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    It worked. Aww yeah. That sword is sweet. Even makes the "got item" sound. Thanks.

Also, I heard that the more time you take to pay off Nook's loans, the worse a statue you get after you've paid. Is this true, and if so, how much time does it take? If not, I'll just flip back to the present, I guess.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • pvx22pvx22 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Obbi wrote:
    Hold on, hold on, I gotta get in on this. I just got the game a few days ago. Only up to my Second Floor. I got a Nookington's Yesterday though, so all is well!

edit: okay, here's my friend code

2019-3922-2569

I'm Obbi of the town Nurin, rock.

For anyone who wants to visit: my friend code is 2448-9745-9020

Joanna from Teddy

pvx22 on
    Agent+Yanez.png
  • BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    People are still playing, right? I just got another blue rose the other day, and I finally expanded my house to the largest size (I've been taking my time on that one). Also, I finally found a royal crown in my Able Sisters'. Funny story about that; I just checked their store as a last-minute thing at 10:55pm. It was a mad scramble for the next five minutes to clear room in my inventory, make a withdrawal, and get back in time to buy it.

So the other day I fired up the GC version of Animal Crossing, just for kicks. Here are some differences I noticed (I know that this is readily available information, I just thought it would be nice 'n nostalgic for people that played the first one as much as my girlfriend and I did):

- Remember the glowing spots that would let you dig up money? How about burying a shovel to get a golden shovel and a golden tree to go along with it?

-While we're talking about trees, do you remember the stunted ones that would grow if you planted a tree in a bad spot? I'd forgotten about them.

-Of course, there were no watering cans, slingshots, or timers. If you saw a balloon, you had to follow it until it landed in a tree.

-Everything in general is much more fluid in the original because of the better hardware. Things load faster and the graphics are smoother (though a little clunkier looking).

-Remember the random balls that would be laying around for you to kick? And every once in a while, a villager would ask for one. If you kicked one in front of them, they'd kick it around with you for a while.

-Speaking of villagers, they had much different voices in the original.

-How about the two different elevations? I kinda miss the hills and the waterfall in the middle of the town. Also, it was a lot of fun to get a huge snowball and drop it on a villager from above.

-Fishing feels so much different between the two versions. It's much faster in the original, and the fish are much more eager to bite.

-Funny thing, the Able Sisters' doesn't close in the original, but it's much less useful.

-Speaking of which, Nook's closes at 10 instead of 11.

-Remember the lottery? It was a huge pain to collect tickets all month and STILL not be able to win the one Nintendo game at the end of the month.

-Oh yeah, the Nintendo games. In the game, I've got copies of Punch-Out, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong 3, Balloon Fight, Excitebike, and a few others, all without the virtual console.

-If you've got a GBA, you can visit your own private tropical island. There's a whole list of special items you can get with this mini-game, but I never spent much time on it.

-The basement! I loved having a huge bottom floor where I could store as many things as I could fit without being judged by the HRA or ruining my Feng Shui.

-There was the ghost that could pull the weeds for you, if you could find him. The bastard never shows up when you need him. I could have used him yesterday, when I pulled hundreds of weeds after 20 months of not playing.

-The fireworks in the sky in WW are nice, but there's just something about being able to see their reflections in the water in the original, standing around and celebrating with the other villagers.

-Remember the fun little things you could get on holidays like pinwheels, balloons, and fans?

-Of course, there are drawbacks. For one thing, the lack of true multiplayer and no internet connection makes the first a little less fun.

-On that note, the touch-screen interface was practically made for AC. The menus of the first are so clunky in comparison.

-Finally, most people reading this probably already know this fact, but the original AC theme is available in WW from K.K. as the song "Forest Life". Once I heard about this, it was the next song I picked up.

If you read this and felt it was a waste of time, I apologize. I just thought this would be a good way to bump this thread back up from page 10 or so.

Ballman on
  • urbmanurbman Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Coming across this thread reminded me that today is harvest day.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2006
    I never played the original AC. Boo to me! I've seen it played, though. I enjoyed Kappn's singing.

Anyways, on Dec. 12th, I will have played Animal Crossing Wild World every single day for an entire year. Then I will fulful my lifelong dream of being a Time Traveler! I'mma gonna store all my hybrid flowers (I have 391 of them now :shock:), go back in time to that week when I had a 565 turnip price, and fill my entire town with turnips. Mwhahaha!

I'll also be changing my main character, so anyone who wants to play with me will have to do the friend code thing. I will be Noia from Brinstar. 5412 3161 6221

Here's a list of things that I'm still missing and would like someone to help me out with:

Classic Vanity................Cherry Shirt
    Cabana Bed...................Big Bro shirt
    Green Wardrobe.............Amethyst shirt
    Modern Endtable.............Aqua Polka
    Robo Closet....................*Orange Pinstripe
    Lawn Mower...................*Barber Shirt
    Merry go Round.............*Grass shirt
    White Rook....................*Coral Shirt
    Mama Panda..................*Cool Shirt
    Pothos...........................*Splendid shirt
    Bball hoop......................*Butterfly shirt
    *Plate Armor ..................*Fiendish shirt
    *Tribal Mask...................*Citrus shirt
    *Tower of Pisa.................*Flan Shirt
    ......................................*Hot Dog Shirt
    ......................................*Tin shirt
    ......................................*Tiger Shirt

* are Gulliver or Gracie items. The others can be bought in stores. I have lots of things to trade for the rarer stuff!

I can't wait for snow. Then I can see where all the fossils have been hiding for the last 3 months!

Eyes5 on
  • JammersJammers Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've got a Modern End table, a Cherry Shirt, a Big Bro's Shirt and an Amethyst Shirt. I had a Hot Dog Shirt at some point, but I'm not sure where it's gone. It's possible my sister looted it at some point, but I'll have words with her and try to get it back.
    I'd be willing to trade for either a Lunar Wallpaper, Rocket or Modern Wardrobe. I won't be able to get online till December 16 though, cos I'm at uni and we have the wrong kind of wireless it seems :(

On a completely unrelated note, I have the lost kitten in my village, but I won't be able to give her to my sister till I go home in a couple of weeks. Is there any limit to how long I can hang on to her, or will she just spontaneously vanish at some point?

Jammers on
    Xbox Live - Jammers007
    Nintendo Network ID - Jammers007
    3DS - 1418-6751-8378
    Steam - Jammers007
  • MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If anyone is still playing and has some turnips to unload, I have a going price of 440 bells for the next 2 and a half hours.
    My town is open right now if you have my code already and want to sell or visit. If not, just PM or IM me, and I'll add you.

2062 3111 8744
    Minona in Tranquil

I think I may call it quits from playing this daily after this month, because I've all but neglected my other DS games.
    Flowers don't die if you leave them inside do they? If so I'll probably bring in my favorite hybrids and plant more trees to prepare for an...extended hybernation.

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
    edited January 2007
    MJ wrote:
    If anyone is still playing and has some turnips to unload, I have a going price of 440 bells for the next 2 and a half hours.
    My town is open right now if you have my code already and want to sell or visit. If not, just PM or IM me, and I'll add you.

2062 3111 8744
    Minona in Tranquil

I think I may call it quits from playing this daily after this month, because I've all but neglected my other DS games.
    Flowers don't die if you leave them inside do they? If so I'll probably bring in my favorite hybrids and plant more trees to prepare for an...extended hybernation.

I had to pull myself away from it as well, because I had a huge library of DS games piling up that needed to be played.

jonxp on
    edited January 2007
    I'm thinking of demolishing my town and starting over. It's been a year since I started playing, and I think it might be fun to start from scratch again. I have a couple of questions, though.

1.) Will the town name stay the same and just the layout change? Or will I get to name a whole new town?

2.) Will I lose all my stuff, or should I temporarily leave it in a friend's town while I'm creating a new town?

3.)Will there be any sort of glitches if I bring my 12 million bells and all my animal photos to the revamped town?

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    D.T. wrote:
    I'm thinking of demolishing my town and starting over. It's been a year since I started playing, and I think it might be fun to start from scratch again. I have a couple of questions, though.

1.) Will the town name stay the same and just the layout change? Or will I get to name a whole new town?

2.) Will I lose all my stuff, or should I temporarily leave it in a friend's town while I'm creating a new town?

3.)Will there be any sort of glitches if I bring my 12 million bells and all my animal photos to the revamped town?

You lose everything, even the town name. The game is basically reset.
    I don't know how the photos work, but it would be best to move your items and money to a friend before you start over.

I popped this game in during a break between class and my turnips were going for 501 bells. My game doesn't want me to quit. I just made my first million today. :D

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
    edited January 2007
    Anyone have an awesome turnip price today? I bought a million's worth of bells this week, and the highest price I've gotten is in the 70s.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
    edited January 2007
    D.T. wrote:
    Anyone have an awesome turnip price today? I bought a million's worth of bells this week, and the highest price I've gotten is in the 70s.

I've got an afternoon price of 129 if you're interested. (My peak for the week was 147 this morning) I can't open my town now because I'm at school, but I'll be around at 7pm western time, 10pm eastern.

So. Brinstar update. 9 Blue roses. 416 hybrids altogether, although most of them are in storage. I just got a Tower of Pisa today so I only need a Plate Armor to complete the Gulliver collection. Huzzah! I think I'm at around 130 million bells or so. I have somewhere between 60-70 animal pictures.

Eyes5 on
    edited January 2007
    D.T. wrote:

I'm at 117 if you're interested. I can open immediately.

jonxp on
  • TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Does anyone have any useful money making tips? I get all my bells from fruit and the secret rock trick.

TVs_Frank on
  • core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Aagahghaha I saw this topic and remembered I haven't played in about 3 months.

I'm scared to go back and face the evil weeds.

And I lost my stylus.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm scared to go back and face the evil weeds.
    Next time, put tiles all over your town, as it will make you work way less pulling the weeds. Although the work you are going to have to go throught to put them all on the floor will be more than what you would if you just pull them off, but if you play intermittently it's great.

And I lost my stylus.
    Use your finger.

RockinX on
    edited January 2007
    I think I'll hold out and wait on E5's 129 bell price. Thanks for the offer though, jon.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png