As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] scroll of ressurection chain! 1 month+10 days FREE GAME TIME!

Q_PrimeQ_Prime Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
i was thinking, with wotlk coming out in a week or so, a few people might be interested in signing back up for wow to see the new changes. why not take advantage of a built in blizzard feature "scroll of resurrection" and give as many people as we can a free month.

so this is my idea, everyone would send one person their email. that person makes a list,

player 1
player 2
player 3
player 4
player 5

player 1 signs up for wow, then resurrects player 2, player 2 signs back up for wow, and resses player 3, so on and so fourth. of course the last person on the list would lose a free month, but considering that nearly everyone on the list get's a free month for the cost of a single month it seems like a pretty good idea...

what do you guys think?

if we get enough people interested.. more than 2. i think we should set it up.

Interest So Far: (not an ordered list)
QPrime
Exis
Vàl

Q_Prime on

• exisexis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Count me in. Looking to resub about two days before Wrath.

exis on
  • ValVal Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd be keen but apparently 24th of May was less than 90 days ago when my friend tried to res me last week -_-.

Val on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The account page was fucked last week, referrals weren't working. It's fine now.

I don't exactly see the point of a chain, though.

Mgcw on
    edited November 2008
    If you refer a player for a scroll and they resub for at least a month the referrer gets 1 free month of game time.

Val on
    edited November 2008
    Yes, I'm fully aware. I just don't see the point of having a chain since the last person to chip in doesn't get anything, so you may as well just give them to anyone on the boards for a free month if you're signing up after a 6 month hiatus.

edit: To be more clear, I'm saying you have to find a person at the end of the chain willing to bite the bullet, and if you don't want to be that person, and the person before you doesn't want to be that person, etc. it falls apart.

Mgcw on
    edited November 2008
    Fair call. As it stands right now though ill likely be bring account #3(Yes I'm sick) online for WotLK(It'll be my on wrath account to start with) so I can raid with a bunch of oceanics on alliance side of my curren server so I'm not much help as it stands anyways.

Val on
  • Q_PrimeQ_Prime Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Val, since you're ressing your own account to get it started, (I'm assuming) you could also start the chain with account #3, since the first person on the list would need to have an active account.

also, ya Mgcw that's the only problem i realized with the list. fortunately we don't really know how big the list would be, and it'd be pretty random so it'd be kind of like a lottery except with good odds. But everyone would have to go in realizing that they might be last on the list and not get anything.

edit: also i imagine it might be fairly fluid (as in we get a couple new people signing up for the list after the fact), which means that the last person on the list might get to res someone else shortly after they are ressed.

edit 2: oh i should also mention this, the reason this list wouldn't work in a normal situation is because you'd have to convince someone to sign back up. i want to make a list of people who were going to sign back up regardless and give them an extra bonus for doing so.

Q_Prime on
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, that's true, I didn't think of it that way. Good luck :)

Mgcw on
    edited November 2008
    Q_Prime wrote: »
    Val, since you're ressing your own account to get it started, (I'm assuming) you could also start the chain with account #3, since the first person on the list would need to have an active account.

I can definately start you guys up from my currently active account, although the free month would be better spent on some1 else since I'll prob be letting my 2 currently accounts lapse for at least the start of WotLK(New job can't raid with americans anymore /qq).

Val on
    edited November 2008
    Vàl wrote: »

I can definately start you guys up from my currently active account, although the free month would be better spent on some1 else since I'll prob be letting my 2 currently accounts lapse for at least the start of WotLK(New job can't raid with americans anymore /qq).

oh that sucks, well alright that's okay. you still want your third account in though, right?

edit:
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Yeah, that's true, I didn't think of it that way. Good luck :)

thank you :)

Q_Prime on
    edited November 2008
    I'm a dumbie I can totally start you guys off from my 3rd account, I'll pm you the details once I have sorted it out(getting it from an irl friend so I'll need to cchange the email first.

Val on
    edited November 2008
    oh awesome thank you.

Q_Prime on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does anyone else need a scroll? I've got a couple.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    edited November 2008
    Does anyone else need a scroll? I've got a couple.

oh, we're doing a chain, that way nearly everyone who signs back up gets a free month. if you need to sign back up i can put you on the list.

Q_Prime on
    edited November 2008
    If it comes down to it and people really don't want to be on the end of the chain then I don't really mind taking that position. It's not like I would have used my scroll anyway.

I just remembered that I had a moment of weakness and subbed for a month in July (which was dumb as I only played for like five hours), so my account last expired on August 8th. Unless I'm wrong this makes me eligible from the 6th onwards, so I just scraped in. Phew.

exis on
    edited November 2008
    i just realized, even if you're last on the list. you should still get 10 free days as part of the trial from the scroll.

Q_Prime on
    edited November 2008
    i just realized, even if you're last on the list. you should still get 10 free days as part of the trial from the scroll.

So the trial works on your existing account? ie. I can play my characters? I didn't even realise there was a trial part to the scroll.

exis on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    yeah, gives you 10 days on the account you used the scroll on (and that hasn't been active for at least 90 days).

Fuga on
    edited November 2008
    Fuga wrote: »
    yeah, gives you 10 days on the account you used the scroll on (and that hasn't been active for at least 90 days).

That's hot.

exis on
    edited November 2008
    there doesn't seem to be alot of activity, well not as much as i expected, so if val has activated his account, he can go ahead and invite me. i'll pm him my email. then i'll send one off to exis on the sixth, and if anyone else wants to get in on this, exis will invite them.

Q_Prime on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You may also want to change the title to reflect free subscription time or something to that effect--I don't know if everyone knows what the scroll is. Maybe. Just a thought. Don't hurt me.

Monsty on
    edited November 2008
    no, that's a good idea. thank you :)

Q_Prime on
    edited November 2008
    Not sure if there's some sort of timer on the invite. But I have exams until the 10th, so I won't be resubbing until then.

exis on
    edited November 2008
    exis wrote: »
    Not sure if there's some sort of timer on the invite. But I have exams until the 10th, so I won't be resubbing until then.

you have 30 days to accept. so you can do that whenever you're done all your work.

Q_Prime on
  • rvrv Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've got 5 Scrolls, if anyone wants one.

PM away

rv on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    You should really read the thread man, no one is asking for a referral, the whole point is to give referrals to people who already gave someone a free month.

Mgcw on