As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nobody steps on a [chat] in my town!

LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Bill-Murray-Photograph-C11796740.jpeg

Murray/Akroyd 2012

Ludious on

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ehn.

Passerbye on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Boo.

James on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'VE BEEN CHEATED.

Sarksus on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Such is life

Ludious on
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hurry up and get here cleaning lady so I can go get megacoffee and delicious breakfast in the cafe district

joshua1 on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Elki, how did you become a mod? I can't imagine someone volunteering for such a thankless job.

Passerbye on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Ew.

Murray and Akroyd haven't been funny in 15-20 years. Why would you do this?

JustinSane07 on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Elki, how did you become a mod? I can't imagine someone volunteering for such a thankless job.

They do, all the time. It's how you make a list of people who'll never become mods.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ew.

Akroyd I agree..

But Bill Murray?

Bill MURRAY?

Seriously?

Ludious on
    edited November 2008
    Anyway. I'm sure that streaming internet to your TV in high quality would be a subscription service with advertisements, or something. Because I really doubt anyone would let you watch for free, on your TV, in high quality, whenever you want. Doing that without the proper license is called piracy.

James on
    edited November 2008
    Elki wrote: »

They do, all the time. It's how you make a list of people who'll never become mods.

So did someone just bash you over the head and place a restraining collar on you or something? You seem too nice to be a mod.

Passerbye on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ew.

Supposedly I heard that Akroyd hits on all the new girls starting university in a nearby city here.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    They must just have a random number generator. They generate a user ID and BAM! you're a mod and you have to have everybody hate you.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited November 2008
    Ha! You thought I was an ok guy, but I'm totally not! It was a part of my 4 year program for forum domination, and you fell right into my trap. Well, guess what? Fun time is over! This is Elkamil time.

James on
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »
    Anyway. I'm sure that streaming internet to your TV in high quality would be a subscription service with advertisements, or something. Because I really doubt anyone would let you watch for free, on your TV, in high quality, whenever you want. Doing that without the proper license is called piracy.

Alternatively, TV makers could build televisions with NICs and browser embeded into the hardware, allowing you to stream exsisting services like Hulu.

Ludious on
    edited November 2008
    If you ask someone to be mod, and they agree, you gotta shoot 'em in the face.

Sarksus on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2008

I remember one guy posting in the Circus offering to be a mod.

Including his pay bid.

Echo on
    edited November 2008
    Ha! You thought I was an ok guy, but I'm totally not! It was a part of my 4 year program for forum domination, and you fell right into my trap. Well, guess what? Fun time is over! This is Elkamil time.

Still better than Tube, IMO. :|

Passerbye on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What are good overall general/behavioral interview questions to prepare for ?

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Whenever Elki's full name is said, I think of infant formula.

Because of Enfamil. Yeah.

Anyway, Slow day is slow. I finished both my proposals like, three hours ago, but I don't have contact information for either client, my boss is on vacation until Wednesday and no one else in the office was part of the meets, so they're no help either.

Yes, I love fly by wire operations.

Nova_C on
    edited November 2008

I made sure to conclude all my dealings with Tube before he went crazy.

James on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Echo wrote: »

Including his pay bid.
    I think I have vague memories of this. Wasn't it adminship he was after though?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited November 2008

Including his pay bid.

But mods don't get paid. They get beatings. It's the agreed pay grade.

Passerbye on
    edited November 2008

He wasn't always crazy?

Passerbye on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2008

Hey! What happens in the mod forum stays in the mod forum!

Unless it gets reported for awesome.

Echo on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was a mod once for a forum. Never again.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited November 2008

Hey! What happens in the mod forum stays in the mod forum!

Unless it gets reported for awesome.

I heard you guys have chocolate fountains in there.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008

Including his pay bid.

Was that the guy that sent the PMs? Because those were awesome.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited November 2008

He wasn't always crazy?

There was a time before these "failure to accurately draw a horse," "lack of christmas spirit," "vote for who gets banned" shenanigans.

James on
    edited November 2008
    Gooey wrote: »

The amount of drama and power-tripping that occurs is remarkable. It's an online forum, you aren't managing a small business or a government office, grow up.

Sarksus on
    edited November 2008

What kind of forum was it? I was a mod for a chainmail forum for about six months before I just couldn't do it anymore. Which is why I ask Elki how he became one as he seems disturbingly sane.

Passerbye on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I thought you guys got paid forum bucks

redeemable for cocks, dicks, and lols

Casual Eddy on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    "Failure to accurately draw a horse" is my favorite.

JustinSane07 on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

No, I get it. But I can currently watch a limited range of shows on sites like hulu for free, on my computer, in medium quality, whenever I want. I would like this for my TV, that's all.

skippydumptruck on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

There was a time before these "failure to accurately draw a horse," "lack of christmas spirit," "vote for who gets banned" shenanigans.
    Those are awesome and you should feel bad. I enjoy Tube, he makes these forums interesting.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • SkillazSkillaz __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Murray/Akroyd for 2012 have my vote!

Skillaz on
    dark-knight-joker-close_11976582-3.jpg
    edited November 2008

I don't believe you, my world view just won't allow it.

Passerbye on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Who here is proficient in organic chemistry?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
    edited November 2008
    "Failure to accurately draw a horse" is my favorite.

The D&D horse was soo bad at first, but then it became pretty good.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

What kind of forum was it? I was a mod for a chainmail forum for about six months before I just couldn't do it anymore. Which is why I ask Elki how he became one as he seems disturbingly sane.

A forum for my alma mater. Mainly the talk was about football, so I'd have to deal with 900 retards from other schools trolling our boards all day.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.