As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nobody steps on a [chat] in my town!

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I think the next time someone does something that warrants an infraction, and I try to warn them for it so that they don't get infracted, I'm just gonna shut up.

Just for Justin, please, I'd appreciate the warning.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    man I love living in the bronx

I just took the gf out for some delicious burritos and guac and it cost $18.

Amazing.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Don't we need light speed to time travel?

If that's the case I hope we can reach light speed.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    From my experience, that has never really happened to D&D, admittedly I tend to stick to [chat] and mostly light threads, but I, at least, don't worry about this "forum invasion" thing, especially because the D&D mods are good folks who don't stand for that SE/HA crap.

Yeah, that's a good point. I guess I just need to have more faith in the DnD mods. :)

Passerbye on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't get why I'm being a dick head.

Whatever though, I'm removing it cuz Than asked me to and he is a mod, unlike some of the people here pretending they are.

You're not asked to follow the rules, you are expected to follow the rules. Especially if you'd like to remain here.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    • Terminator 2 is great.
    No matter how many times I've seen it, if I'm flipping channels and it is on AMC, I will stop and watch at least part of it.

Same here. There are just so many cool parts to it. It's easily one of (if not the) best action movie ever made.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

No, man, don't you read?

Time travel would require bouncing off a black hole!
    According to Sci-Fi, anyway. :P

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Podly wrote: »

Amazing.

That sounds horribly expensive to me.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    New question. Emeril or Maria Angelina sauce? I've never had either, I don't spend that kind of money on sauce.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, I don't think I'd ever moderate anything that isn't the PA forums, or very similar.

I'm not saying the PA forums are exactly what I'd like them to be, but I'd certainly rather be here instead of any other place on the internet that I've been.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think the next time someone does something that warrants an infraction, and I try to warn them for it so that they don't get infracted, I'm just gonna shut up.

Nope! Now everyone is denied access to my excellent service as guardian angel!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Amazing.

That's a little ridiculous.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »

Whatever though, I'm removing it cuz Than asked me to and he is a mod, unlike some of the people here pretending they are.

Warning you about what a mod is going to do based on what is clearly stated in the rules (you'd see it even if you skimmed them) is not 'pretending to be a mod', it's looking out for a fellow forumer.

For the record, I didn't think you were a dickhead until you posted this. :P

I just hate when people without authority try to enforce things. It irks me on a huge level.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

See, I'm thinking time travel is entirely impossible for reasons seperate from any supposed need for light speed.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm so far behind on my 80's sci-fi. I never watched Blade Runner until this summer, I haven't watched Terminator 2 in about 15 years, and I have never seen Terminator, Alien, Aliens, or a host of other ones.

I need to get on that.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Warning you about what a mod is going to do based on what is clearly stated in the rules (you'd see it even if you skimmed them) is not 'pretending to be a mod', it's looking out for a fellow forumer.

I just hate when people without authority try to enforce it. It irks me on a huge level.

Get an infraction next time then.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Also, let's say I'm traveling at light speed away from a single source of light (In the same direction as the light). If I throw something out infront of me, let's say a tennis ball, does the tennis ball disappear?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Nope! Now everyone is denied access to my excellent service as guardian angel!

*shakes fist at the heavens*

JUSTIIIIIIIINNNNN!!!

Alecthar on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man I wish we had a burrito place here.

I hate you so much, Pods.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    New question. Emeril or Maria Angelina sauce? I've never had either, I don't spend that kind of money on sauce.

Maria Angelina's the insanely hot Italian chick, right?

I think you have your answer there.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What's an example of a good answer to the "biggest weakness" interview question?
    Srsly.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I just hate when people without authority try to enforce it. It irks me on a huge level.

If I were on a jury for a case where someone shot a traffic-vigilante from another vehicle I would vote not-guilty until they kicked me off the jury.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Amazing.

That would cost like $30 in manhattan. and it probably wouldn't be as good.

Plus, we had Mexican coca cola. Real sugar for the win!

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I just hate when people without authority try to enforce things. It irks me on a huge level.

Dude, we're not trying to 'enforce' anything, we're trying to prevent you from being infracted (you know, trying to be nice to you). It's the rules, man, we all have to follow them. :|

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I just hate it when people argue with clearly established rules despite the fact that their argument will make no difference whatsoever.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What's an example of a good answer to the "biggest weakness" interview question?
    Srsly.

I work too hard

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I got a call from my dad. For want of anything to actually say, I asked him if he voted. Stupid question.

"I done forgot who for. I think it was-a, was-a, was John somethin'r other."

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Maria Angelina's the insanely hot Italian chick, right?

I think you have your answer there.

She looks kind of really disturbing on the jar, someone did some bad photoshop filters. But is the sauce good? Does it need anything extra?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Dude! Come on! We are trying to help you here! You were breaking a rule, and if none of us had said anything a mod would have found out and they would have infracted you without any discussion. The rules are clearly defined, if someone breaks one I don't think it's so ridiculous if someone else says something about it. We're not trying to crush you under the weight of our oppressive heels.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm so far behind on my 80's sci-fi. I never watched Blade Runner until this summer, I haven't watched Terminator 2 in about 15 years, and I have never seen Terminator, Alien, Aliens, or a host of other ones.

I need to get on that.
    Duuuuuuude.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Amazing.

Damn you Podly and your cheap ethnic food.

Honestly NYC is probably the cheapest city in America to eat if you know where to go.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    9 dollars per person is pretty good if you're eating out

Oh I got screamed at during my jerb for the first time ever. This guy with alzheimers shouted at me because the quiche was too small. He "demanded to see the guy that dared call that a quiche"

Then he yelled at me again later for trying to explain the bill. And every time I brought something out for him he congratulated me like I was a retarded child doing something right. Annnnnd left under 10% tip.

I'm surprised I haven't encountered more terrible people while working. Most are, at worst, snooty or poor tippers.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Man, I don't think I'd ever moderate anything that isn't the PA forums, or very similar.

I'm not saying the PA forums are exactly what I'd like them to be, but I'd certainly rather be here instead of any other place on the internet that I've been.

So you like the crazies then?

Gotta say, this does not surprise me.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    blargh

Too much shit the next few days

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    9 bucks for burritos and guac is a good price?

Man I'm glad I live in the south.

Also Podly I am very disappointed in you.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Amazing.

Excellent food for $9 a person?

When was the last time you ate out?

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Man I wish we had a burrito place here.

I hate you so much, Pods.
    Man, where are you
    There are lots of burrito places everywhere
    I was at Felipe's in Harvard Sq the other night for my dinner
    It's tasty

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    The director's cut of Terminator 2 is awesomer.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sarkus, don't bother. We're obviously just a bunch of uppity fascist pig-dogs or something.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I kind of want to make a thread about lightspeed travel. It seems functionally impossible, because it would require infinite energy to accelerate something of infinite mass, right?

Physics geeks, you are called!

That is correct. The speed of light is a barrier that cannot be reached.

MikeMan on
This discussion has been closed.