As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nobody steps on a [chat] in my town!

• Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    What's an example of a good answer to the "biggest weakness" interview question?
    Srsly.

That question is the dumbest fucking thing on earth. I'd be surprised if you ran into it, honestly, because the past few interviews I've been on it hasn't been asked at all.

Though when it was asked, I usually just said, "The fact that I don't like answering meaningless questions." Which is partially true.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    K GOTTA GO PICK UP MY BRO BRB
    NO BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT DO YOU ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    until they kicked me off the jury.

Actually they can't do that. It's your duty as a citizen to serve on a jury but it's your right as a juror to conduct jury nullification.

It's counter-productive to the whole democratic legislative process thing, but taking any action to prevent it would be counter-productive to the whole fair trial thing, which is of a more immediate relevance in this case.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    • Terminator 2 is great.
    No matter how many times I've seen it, if I'm flipping channels and it is on AMC, I will stop and watch at least part of it.

It may be the finest scifi-action film ever produced. Or, it may be the second-finest right behind The Fifth Element. I honestly can't decide.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    9 bucks for burritos and guac is a good price?

Man I'm glad I live in the south.

Also Podly I am very disappointed in you.

For Mexican food up north $9 a person is fantastic. Just a small bowl of guac is $10 at most places.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What's an example of a good answer to the "biggest weakness" interview question?
    Srsly.

That question is the dumbest fucking thing on earth. I'd be surprised if you ran into it, honestly, because the past few interviews I've been on it hasn't been asked at all.

Though when it was asked, I usually just said, "The fact that I don't like answering meaningless questions." Which is partially true.

"my lack of diplomacy"

Casual Eddy on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    K GOTTA GO PICK UP MY BRO BRB
    NO BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT DO YOU ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION

YOU TRY TOO HARD.

Sarksus on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    The director's cut of Terminator 2 is awesomer.

This is true. I remember reading somewhere that if James Cameron had gotten to shoot the entire screenplay like he wanted the movie would have been something like 4 hours long.

Unfortunately the world couldn't handle that much awesome.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited November 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    man I love living in the bronx

I just took the gf out for some delicious burritos and guac and it cost $18.

Amazing.

That sounds horribly expensive to me.

Excellent food for $9 a person?

When was the last time you ate out?

Sundays I usually go to this bar called Hand-in-Hand and get a slew of tacos for $1 a piece and pitchers of PBR for $3 a piece. Four tacos fills me up, two beers puts me right, so $6.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    T2 was on AMC last night.

Still glorious. I love when he cuts the skin off his arm and horrifies the couple.

JustinSane07 on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man I wish we had a burrito place here.

I hate you so much, Pods.
    Man, where are you
    There are lots of burrito places everywhere
    I was at Felipe's in Harvard Sq the other night for my dinner
    It's tasty
    A little town on the New Hampshire border, about 45 minutes from Worcester, half an hour from Leominster/Fitchburg, and 35 minutes from Keene.

deadonthestreet on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    god i was hella dumb back then

MikeMan on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've never seen the Terminator movies

Elendil on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    I kind of want to make a thread about lightspeed travel. It seems functionally impossible, because it would require infinite energy to accelerate something of infinite mass, right?

Physics geeks, you are called!

That is correct. The speed of light is a barrier that cannot be reached.

Isn't this why most sci-fi shows end up using a different "form" of travel when going faster then the speed of light.

DeShadowC on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Answer my physics question!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    9 dollars per person is pretty good if you're eating out

Oh I got screamed at during my jerb for the first time ever. This guy with alzheimers shouted at me because the quiche was too small. He "demanded to see the guy that dared call that a quiche"

Then he yelled at me again later for trying to explain the bill. And every time I brought something out for him he congratulated me like I was a retarded child doing something right. Annnnnd left under 10% tip.

I'm surprised I haven't encountered more terrible people while working. Most are, at worst, snooty or poor tippers.

Best waiter trick I know is when someone leaves a really bad tip, go give it back to them and say "sir, you forgot your change." They'll invariably say "oh, no, that's the tip" or "keep it"

Then you reply with: "I'm ok," or if you really dislike the person: " I think you need it more than I do"

The look on their face is priceless.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited November 2008

And available. *hint*

Sarksus on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I mean there is a mexican place in the next town over but it is not great and also nearly 20 minutes away.

deadonthestreet on
    edited November 2008
    Srsly.

"my lack of diplomacy"

Eddy with the piercing, judgmental analysis.

But yeah, you're right. I'd totally never answer like that unless I was interviewing with Donald Trump, and I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to not ask such a pointless fucking question.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, cool

Burton is doing Alice in Wonderland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_(2010_film)

skippydumptruck on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I really want to see Blade Runner. My brother insisted that I not watch it online because I should see it in DVD quality, but he took the DVD to Japan and I never got a chance :(

Tav on
    edited November 2008

Amazing.

That sounds horribly expensive to me.

Excellent food for $9 a person?

When was the last time you ate out?

A few weeks ago I got this delicious sandwich for like $7. Three fried crab cakes with lettuce and tomato on toasted french bread. It was fantastic.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Res wrote: »

Actually they can't do that. It's your duty as a citizen to serve on a jury but it's your right as a juror to conduct jury nullification.

It's counter-productive to the whole democratic legislative process thing, but taking any action to prevent it would be counter-productive to the whole fair trial thing, which is of a more immediate relevance in this case.

They can find a way. They're lawyers, their field of professional expertise is finding legal ways to do illegal things.

ViolentChemistry on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Amazing.
    Damn you Podly and your cheap ethnic food.

Honestly NYC is probably the cheapest city in America to eat if you know where to go.
    You are smoking crack, Zimmydoom.

$18 for burritos and guacomole is fucking ridiculous. You pay $6 for a burrito and it's so big that it doesn't fit on a goddamn plate. $9 is an outrageous price to have to pay for Mexican food.

And man, every time I tried Mexican food on the East Coast, it fucking sucked goat balls.

Thanatos on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    Elendil wrote: »

what the hell

Go fix that! And make sure it's the DC of T2!

Echo on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, cool

Burton is doing Alice in Wonderland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_(2010_film)

Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter! <3

Passerbye on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Damnit, and I was expecting an infraction in the last 8 pages. Way to disappoint [chat].

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »

And available. *hint*
    not that far back then

back in early 07

MikeMan on
    edited November 2008
    There are noodle places in NYC that are only open in the early morning for Asian immigrant dock workers. You can get a giant meal for like $3, but you have to know where and when to go.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

Amazing.

Honestly NYC is probably the cheapest city in America to eat if you know where to go.

$18 for burritos and guacomole is fucking ridiculous. You pay $6 for a burrito and it's so big that it doesn't fit on a goddamn plate. $9 is an outrageous price to have to pay for Mexican food.

And man, every time I tried Mexican food on the East Coast, it fucking sucked goat balls.

This is all true. I make a breakfast burrito of similar proportions for about $1.50 in ingredients.

ViolentChemistry on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

This is true, but overlooks the fact that judges have the power to overrule juries on questions of law, as well as the power to declare a mistrial if they believe an argument against the law rather than for the defendant's innocence has been provided.

Alecthar on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I saw Doctor Atomic on Saturday at the met. It was mindblowing.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    The director's cut of Terminator 2 is awesomer.

This is true. I remember reading somewhere that if James Cameron had gotten to shoot the entire screenplay like he wanted the movie would have been something like 4 hours long.

Unfortunately the world couldn't handle that much awesome.

You know, this is funny. I love the uncut version of Aliens, but while some of the cut scenes in T2 were awesome (like the one in the garage when they unlock the learning controls on his cpu), there were some really awkward scenes that I'm glad were cut.

Generally I like the extended editions of movies more, particularly if it's like LotR where the cut scenes help hold the story closer to the book and are awesome anyway, but T2 is one of the few where I prefer the theatrical version.

Nova_C on
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I kind of want to make a thread about lightspeed travel. It seems functionally impossible, because it would require infinite energy to accelerate something of infinite mass, right?

Physics geeks, you are called!

That is correct. The speed of light is a barrier that cannot be reached.

Isn't this why most sci-fi shows end up using a different "form" of travel when going faster then the speed of light.

I guess, then, that the question to ask is if there's any form of hyper-fast travel that's currently feasible?

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited November 2008

Amazing.

Mexican food is expensive in the northeast. Do you live here? Do you have counterexamples to dispute my claim?

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    Damnit, and I was expecting an infraction in the last 8 pages. Way to disappoint [chat].

I could push the issue further but, as usual, my fear of infractions has paralyzed me. :P

Passerbye on
    edited November 2008

They can find a way. They're lawyers, their field of professional expertise is finding legal ways to do illegal things.

Good point.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I saw Doctor Atomic on Saturday at the met. It was mindblowing.
    John Adams, right?

Neat.

Elendil on
    edited November 2008
    I've never been infracted.

Because I was taking a break when they instituted that system.

I'm as clean as a whistle.

Sarksus on
    edited November 2008

Yeah, you don't really want to brag about Mexican food over on this side of the country. It's all in the Puerto Rican and Cuban food. And also the Brazillian meat buffets that are smattered across Roswell, GA for some damned reason.

Wonder_Hippie on
This discussion has been closed.