As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2005 Update

12346»

• AfflictionAffliction Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Well it's up now. Let it be known that six representatives of the Ministry of Aggro will be attending.

Now, should we take three hotel rooms and all of us have beds all three nights, or just take one room and take turns sleeping on the floor...? Furthermore, how the hell are six geeks, skinny as we are, going to fit in Stefan's van along with all our computers? Should we even bring our computers? Ahhh, decisions decisions...

Oh yeah, and fuck the guy who decided there shouldn't be a Call of Duty tournament this year. The two rounds of CoD we played at PAX04 are the two best multiplayer games I have ever played, period. Such a twitchfest, and soooo close. The first round we won by like two frags and the second round we lost by one, and nobody dominated either round. Pulse-pounding FPS action at its best. Man, that was sweet. Props to those two randomly-selected guys who joined the three of us on Team Cuba, and to our most worthy opponents. You guys rock.

So yeah, I demand a CoD tournament at PAX05. HL2 Deathmatch would be nice too.

Affliction on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Affliction wrote:
    HL2 Deathmatch would be nice too.

Damn straight! Ive been asking for this in other threads, anyone else out there interested in this? Theres still time for more tournaments to be added if enough people want them... The two I want the most are Half-Life 2 DM and Magic: The Gathering Unhinged Booster Drafts... And if Darwinia has a multiplayer mode by the time of PAX05, that may make for an interesting tourney.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    HL2 DM would be good.

And Darwinia has MP. Full version comes out next month, too...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Anyone tried the Swat 4 demo? VIP moe on that would make for a kickass team tournament.

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
    edited February 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    HL2 DM would be good.

I was under the impression that the first release wouldnt have multiplayer, that it needed more work and would be added in a free patch later in the year...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    eelektrik wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    HL2 DM would be good.

I was under the impression that the first release wouldnt have multiplayer, that it needed more work and would be added in a free patch later in the year...

Weird. Oh well. The game will still be awesome anyway.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited February 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    HL2 DM would be good.

Weird. Oh well. The game will still be awesome anyway.

Definatly, multiplayer or not, im gonna preorder it when I get a job, but if it has multiplayer before PAX, would be cool to see it there and spread the awesomeness of the game.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)