As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Pre-Registration is now OPEN!

RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazedby the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
edited February 2007 in PAX Archive
That's right, ladies and gents, PAX itself, and not one of those dinky little hang-outs you like to tack those three sweet letters onto, is official, and early-bird signups are open now!

Do it. Do it now.

8406wWN.png
Rankenphile on

• ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Registration Complete!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Done as well.

Hum I wonder if there is anyway we could see real time or some sort of daily graph of the number of pre reg by day.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm all signed up and good to go...

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    CREDIT CARD BUYING ACTION POWER GO!!!

*phew* that was a close one.

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • HexcoreHexcore Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yes now the anticipation kicks into high gear.

Slowly as the days crawl past forced to slave for corporate masters, the wait will become unbearable.

Until at last in one wonderful weekend I shall be able to absorb all things gaming in one bawls and alcohol fueled binge!
    O ummm ahh, I mean cant wait it will be a blast.

Hexcore on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Huzzah! All registered. Now to go entice everyone else I know to come...mwahahaha.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    *Ding* registration completed! Awwww yeah. Also hey, first post! Never really bothered to check the forum, I guess i'd better prep a bit better for this year's PAX than last year's.

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Pre-registered! :D

Can't wait to see what hotel will be swarmed by PAX-ites this year. :)

Polago on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I was about to register, but I noticed there was no extra BYOC option simply a note to be contacted about it. Are we going to have to sign up for and pay for BYOC later?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yes last year they sent an email informing you of your ability to sign up for BYOB if your so inclined before opening it up for everyone else.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    the FAQ wrote:
    Hard to say. The exhibitor hall, freeplay areas, and tournaments are open all three days of PAX. Concerts are Friday and Saturday nights, the final round of the Omegathon is Sunday.

Hell yeah.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • verveverve Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Awesome. All registered. Last year was a blast.

verve on
    edited January 2007
    those who pre-register will get first dibs on BYOC slots

As for price BYOC never costed anything as far as I remember.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2007
    PolaGo wrote:
    Can't wait to see what hotel will be swarmed by PAX-ites this year. :)

I dunno about you, but I think I'll be staying at the Seattle Youth Hostel. It's like 6 blocks away from the convention center, and is around $30/night for a bed.

The Doubletree in Bellevue was like $110/night for quad occupancy, but I doubt downtown hotels will be so accomodating.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm registered. I hope I get to be an omeganaught! If not, I hope they have another Tetris DS tourney so I can defend my title.

Hirocon on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Registered. :D

C'mon lady luck...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    TNTrooper wrote:
    those who pre-register will get first dibs on BYOC slots

As for price BYOC never costed anything as far as I remember.

It was $10 last year.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    There's an error on the PAX Travel page.

If you try to go to Registration from that page(from the link on the left), it leads you to /registrations.php.

Legacy on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2007
    Legacy wrote:
    There's an error on the PAX Travel page.

If you try to go to Registration from that page(from the link on the left), it leads you to /registrations.php.

PM khoo about it

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    yay! I is registered! only

209 days till PAX! I'm so amped.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    BYOC Has been $10 every year.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Pre-Reg'd! Last year was a blast, and I can't wait to do it again.

August is too far away.

The Deliverator on
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited January 2007
    Cronus wrote:
    I was about to register, but I noticed there was no extra BYOC option simply a note to be contacted about it. Are we going to have to sign up for and pay for BYOC later?
    Just to confirm, yes, BYOC signups will go live later in the year for an additional cost. BYOC will also cost a bit more than it has in the past, unfortunately, which I think most people were eventually expecting. $10 for a lan party is a pretty fucking awesome deal especially when you start looking at what the extra overhead costs PAX. ;)

David Coffman on
  • xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Confirmed.

xeroismygod on
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Pre-Reg'd! Last year was a blast, and I can't wait to do it again.

August is too far away.

ROOM!

Polago on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I'll be coming, but I need to wait a few more paychecks before I register.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • mythicknightmythicknight Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I really hope I'm going this year.

mythicknight on
    And then she exploded...
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Got my pre-reg. Now to buy my train ticket. The train trip sounds much more fun than flying.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ahhhhh! i got suspended for 3 days, so i just now saw this! crazy how i got suspended right before this thread started! anyway, paid and done!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    This poll is totally off. I mean, look at this.
    Today Penny Arcade revealed the first details of the fourth annual PAX, the largest one to date. Slated for August 24-26, the expo has outgrown its old venue and will be moved to the Washington State Trade and Convention Center in downtown Seattle, Washington. The extra room afforded by the move will make the 200,000 square feet of floor space at this year's PAX more than twice the size of last year's show. More space means more people, and the organizers are "conservatively" expecting 30,000 attendees at PAX 2007.

Where do all these people come from, and why aren't they here, voting in our poll?

Fuckers...

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Today Penny Arcade revealed the first details of the fourth annual PAX, the largest one to date. Slated for August 24-26, the expo has outgrown its old venue and will be moved to the Washington State Trade and Convention Center in downtown Seattle, Washington. The extra room afforded by the move will make the 200,000 square feet of floor space at this year's PAX more than twice the size of last year's show. More space means more people, and the organizers are "conservatively" expecting 30,000 attendees at PAX 2007.

Where do all these people come from, and why aren't they here, voting in our poll?

Fuckers...
    well, i dunno about them, but i've gone to pax all three years now, but just this year got involved in the forums. that may be part of it. i know that i'm involved in about 6 different forums, and maybe everyone just doesn't want to spend more of their time in this one (alhough it is such a quality forum!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Grrr stupid camera shop people.

I get "laid off" and then this opens up grrrrrrrrrr.
    Although I was thinking of being a volunteer this year, hmmmm.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • M4YH3MM4YH3M Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    w00t going 4 the 3rd year yay i cant wait going to bring the GF this time... anyone kno if GoW is gonna be there [GoW] = Gears of war

M4YH3M on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    mayh3mwu6dc9.jpg
    notfrank.png
    edited February 2007
    M4YH3M wrote:
    w00t going 4 the 3rd year yay i cant wait going to bring the GF this time... anyone kno if GoW is gonna be there [GoW] = Gears of war
    you bet your ass there'll be a gow tourney, one way or another.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

Fuckers...

I'm not sure where they get that they are expecting 30,000 (they should be), but the Washington State Convention & Trade Center has 12,000 as the estimated attendance for PAX 07.

http://www.wsctc.com/about_us/calendar.aspx
    Head over to August. Now that is a conservative estimate.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited February 2007
    JC of DI wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

Fuckers...

I'm not sure where they get that they are expecting 30,000 (they should be), but the Washington State Convention & Trade Center has 12,000 as the estimated attendance for PAX 07.

http://www.wsctc.com/about_us/calendar.aspx
    Head over to August. Now that is a conservative estimate.

bwahahaha

Legacy on
    edited February 2007
    Man, they are going to be somewhat surprised.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited February 2007
    For 08 they will be smarter and say like 60-75k they also won't make us share the space with UPS.

At least I can return that bomb a UPS guy left me yesterday

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • jennygjennyg Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Those UPS folks aren't going to know what the hell just hit them.

jennyg on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think we're only getting a very small section of the Center, given how they mention the "200,000" square feet of space. I've been looking it up after I checked out some PDF's of the floorspace on there, and one article even mentions, while discussing Convention Center growth:
    Furthermore, when its expansion is complete, Spokane will overtake the Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center to become the second largest in the state, behind Seattle's 1.39-million-square-foot Washington State Convention and Trade Center-which itself expanded by 102,000 square feet in 2001.

1.39-million.

I don't think we could find those 400 UPS guys if we tried.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
This discussion has been closed.