As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Its up.

JasonJason Registered User regular
Yes its back, no little blue pill neeeded.

Do you pay attention to all those signs at the gas pump telling you to to make sure your car, cell phone, PDA, pacemaker, etc. are all turned off before you start pumping?
Jason on

• Options
    SlartiSlarti Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    W00H00?!?!?111?1!1

Slarti on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    hrm...
    maybe people should also try flushing their dns, just in case their ISP's havent cached it yet...

Jason on
    Do you pay attention to all those signs at the gas pump telling you to to make sure your car, cell phone, PDA, pacemaker, etc. are all turned off before you start pumping?
  • Options
    Project MayhemProject Mayhem Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    It's also very speedy

Project Mayhem on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2005
    I wonder if that will last.

HomeLAN... is just... bad memories.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Jazz SamuraiJazz Samurai Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    So, if they're not on HomeLAN, shouldn't they ... not link to HomeLAN anymore? I guess that's a minor thing they just haven't gotten to yet, but it feels/looks kinda funny or ironic.

Jazz Samurai on
    yup
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2005
    If it wasn't for HomeLAN, PA never would have taken off like they have. I say it's a good PR move to keep the link there. Despite how unreliable HomeLAN is, they gave PA their start.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    If it wasn't for HomeLAN, PA never would have taken off like they have. I say it's a good PR move to keep the link there. Despite how unreliable HomeLAN is, they gave PA their start.

Or they just haven't gotten around to it considering they haven't changed the site at all yet since the downtime, they are probably still working on stuff.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Homelan gives them free hosting.

If they didn't get free hosting, they wouldn't make enough money to live off of the comic.

They aren't moving off of homelan unles they get another free host.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    bone daddy wrote:

Still waitin' on that "more information" part. I'm sure it's long since presented itself. ;)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    We had a good laugh about it in the mod forum. It's some really great stuff. You'd get such a kick out of it if you could see it.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    :|

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    Critical Error

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

The forums can not connect to the MySQL database.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Oh, man. You just got dissed.

Hardcore.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    http://penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86508

This works. Why does www still not work?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Seeing as www.etc works for me, I have no idea.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Might be a temporary issue with transfering the domain name.

When I registered mine, it took, for some reason, longer for www. to work, than just regular name.net.

www. however, is working for me atm.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2005
    oh my god i can post and i don't even have to wait a day for it to go through

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    omgboomlolomgboomlol __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2005
    Cheers to alpha!

omgboomlol on
    omgboomlolud1.gif
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    omgboomlol wrote:
    Cheers to alpha!
    Indeed!

Henroid on
  • Options
    geekoidgeekoid Registered User regular
    edited February 2005

bear in mind 'WWW. is a subdomain, so it take longer to propagate.

Usually when you first set up a site, both are done at the same time, and both are propagateing through the DNS server for the first time.

geekoid on
    Now I will break machinery with my head!
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    geekoid wrote:

Usually when you first set up a site, both are done at the same time, and both are propagateing through the DNS server for the first time.

Psssh, propagate isn't a word. Lern Enlish,

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Strangely, threads are not being marked read.

Edit: Disregard. Fixed.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Jazz SamuraiJazz Samurai Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Fallout wrote:
    oh my god i can post and i don't even have to wait a day for it to go through

sweet! it's finally not like my shitty dial-up back home!

Jazz Samurai on
    yup
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    You know what would be a good idea??
    A thread where people list bugs.
    Maybe not, maybe itll get too long..

Jason on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Jason wrote:
    There was something like that but when all the ones to worry about that weren't common knowledge were fixed it was deleted

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Just a quick thing, when I log in, it goes from showing the forum index and login boxes, back to a "cannot connecty to mySQL database". If I drop the www. off the link in the address bar after logging in and getting the error screen, it works fine.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Just a quick thing, when I log in, it goes from showing the forum index and login boxes, back to a "cannot connecty to mySQL database". If I drop the www. off the link in the address bar after logging in and getting the error screen, it works fine.
    Your ISP hasn't updated its DNS. Or some shit like that. In other words, just wait a while.

Henroid on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Jason wrote:
    Jason, we need to talk first :P
    Robert, Chris, and I have been working on a way to transition.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Henroid wrote:
    Your ISP hasn't updated its DNS. Or some shit like that. In other words, just wait a while.
    Speak of the devil, it works for me now without having to replace "penny-arcade.com" with the IP.

Henroid on
  • Options
    onebravemonkeyonebravemonkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Strangely, threads are not being marked read.

this is happening with me too, as is the www. issue.

well, shucks.

onebravemonkey on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    There are a couple issues. There are some that are bigger and scarier than you can imagine. I think I know what is causing this.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    There are a couple issues. There are some that are bigger and scarier than you can imagine. I think I know what is causing this.
    So does this mean I'll find even more bbcode vulnerablilites?

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    For once Paladin, I don't want you looking for ways to break things :wink: There will be more beta testing than you can imagine in the weeks ahead, but for now, be contented with fast load times :wink:

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    onebravemonkeyonebravemonkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2005

thanks for the response, you have my patience.

and my axe! etc...

onebravemonkey on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    I was getting that new topic not being read issue while I got the DNS errors, but as soon as those cleared up the new topic stuff did too. I think it may fix itself.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    www. is working in Bonnie Scotland now. PAs 'approximation of functionality' is pretty convincing.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    www. is working in Bonnie Scotland now. PAs 'approximation of functionality' is pretty convincing.

approximation of functionality.... i like that.

Jason on
  • Options
    ToastToast Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    geekoid wrote:

Psssh, propagate isn't a word. Lern Enlish,

Propagate, v

4. a. trans. To extend the action or operation of; to transmit, spread, convey (motion, light, sound, etc.) in some direction, or through some medium. At first chiefly in pass.; now also active.

Propagateing, however, isn't - propagating is.

PS I am aware that this is probably a joke.

Toast on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    what about propagation?

j/k

Jason on