As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Freezepop and Jonathan Coulton to play at PAX

ThelloThello Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in PAX Archive
Link.

All I can say is, oh god yes. These are some awesome choices, and I'm happy to see some more variety than the usual nerdcore / cover set.

Toss the NESkimos, MC Chris, and Frontalot on that pile and I'd be in heaven.

Thello on

• Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hell yes, my good sirs! Hell yes!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Awesome.

Didn't know if they'd wait until later to reveal that they would be playing or not.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I'm sure they intended to, but that's how you learn what Apple has learned the hard way: The only way to keep a secret is to not tell anybody.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    ctishman wrote:
    I'm sure they intended to, but that's how you learn what Apple has learned the hard way: The only way to keep a secret is to not tell anybody.

I've known for a month. :D

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Exactly. Why the hell did you have to go and tell Gamespot? ;)

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ctishman wrote:
    Exactly. Why the hell did you have to go and tell Gamespot? ;)

They threatened to shoot my cat. D:

Legacy on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thello wrote:
    Link.

All I can say is, oh god yes. These are some awesome choices, and I'm happy to see some more variety than the usual nerdcore / cover set.

This makes that 40$ prereg all the more sweet. I wonder If they might have to cap pre-reg this year.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    WTH?! Why didn't Kasson tell me about this? I was just on the phone with him a couple days ago and he knows I'm into PA. Well its just one more reason I've got to go now. Maybe I can head out there with them.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Legacy wrote:
    ctishman wrote:

I've known for a month. :D

Yeah, keeping the secret has been killing me, too.

:P

Doc on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thello wrote:
    Link.

This makes that 40$ prereg all the more sweet. I wonder If they might have tto cap pre-reg this year.
    Well, it's at a much bigger venue this year, so they probably wont.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    HOLY SHIT!

Jonathan fucking Coulton is playing?

I've always toyed with the idea of going cross-country to PAX but... shit, now I might have to fucking do it.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I like that "might". It's as if you're reserving some small hope that you won't be drawn into this maelstrom of awesome, clinging to that one rock of hope. I wish you the best of luck.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ctishman wrote:
    I like that "might". It's as if you're reserving some small hope that you won't be drawn into this maelstrom of awesome, clinging to that one rock of hope. I wish you the best of luck.

God damn my east coast location and college-student assets.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ctishman wrote:

Yeah I've been investigating that. Definitely a great idea, looks very well-thought-out. I just have to get as many of my summer ducks in a row as I can quick, hopefully before preregistration ends.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    As somebody that was already a fan, let me reiterate my manly and unrequited love for Jonathan Coulton, now that I've discovered "Re: Your Brains"

August can't come soon enough.

Edit: Beautiful.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    CheetoCheeto Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just listened to both Freezepop and Jonathan for the first time and there both pretty awesome.

Cheeto on
    Geebs is a dick and made me change my sig.
    Batman_Sig_by_Merit13.jpg
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How about MF Doom, he's been doing plugs for Adult Swim for some time now. And his stuff is really good if you ask me.

Highfire on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    KalTorak wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT!

Jonathan fucking Coulton is playing?

I've always toyed with the idea of going cross-country to PAX but... shit, now I might have to fucking do it.

I thought that Jonathan Coulton was on the moon....

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    KMFDM is from Seattle, maybe they'd play.

b0wser on
  • Options
    Amber FechkoAmber Fechko Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I went to see Jonathan Coulton about a week ago at the Tractor Tavern here in Seattle; he has a fun live show.

He did say that the crowd there was the largest he'd played for (~175 people or so), so I have a feeling we'll blow him away at PAX.

Amber Fechko on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd still love to see The Black Mages but that may have to wait till a PAX a year or two from now...I'm still hoping ^_^.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    kelp wrote: »
    I went to see Jonathan Coulton about a week ago at the Tractor Tavern here in Seattle; he has a fun live show.

He did say that the crowd there was the largest he'd played for (~175 people or so), so I have a feeling we'll blow him away at PAX.

Hah, poor man. He really has no idea.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It seems like thats the same for most of the bands that have played at PAX.

Crazy.

Legacy on
  • Options
    MrPulsarMrPulsar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Freezepop! That's awesome. I need to get their albums, I've only really heard the two songs from the Guitar Hero games.

Hopefully they're playing for sure.

MrPulsar on
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I actually got 2 of their albums off iTunes a while ago, good stuff.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    We need to see if we can get psychostick; Thoes guys are awesome.

Beer is Good! Beer is Good! Beer is Good and Stuff!

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
This discussion has been closed.