As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comfortable Headphones!

MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently got a job as an e-mails agent at a call center, and can listen to my heart's content. That is, until my headphones start crushing my earlobes.

What are some decent headphones that I would be able to wear for several hours at a time with little to no ear pain?

I do have larger than normal ears, for reference :P

MrDelish on

• Options
    wallabeeXwallabeeX Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=004974

I wear them for hours at a time, then collapse them and fit them in the front pocket of my bag. Very worth it.

wallabeeX on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have the HD-555's ($100 on Amazon) which are the open version of the one's above. That means they let sound out, which might be a problem if you don't have your own cubicle.

You definitely want a "big can" type of headphone, as they don't even make contact with the ear lobe itself and lend themselves to long-term comfort. It might be hard to judge the size from pictures, but for the 555's as long as your ears aren't bigger than 3x2 inches you're in the clear.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    so, would these be a good idea?

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah those are what wallabeeX suggested.

When it's between the 280pro's and the 555's it basically comes down to where you're using them. In public or right next to coworkers? Go with the 280's. At home or in a room/space you have to yourself? The 555's.

They're the same price and will both sound wonderful, but the sound stage of the 555's is wider due to their open nature.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    one more question: are they both about the same earsize?

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Can't say as I don't have the 280's, maybe someone who does can measure the ear cavity for you. Could also try finding a review where they have both in the same shot.

I'd bet they're about the same though.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    They're pretty close in terms of size, at least if I'm remembering right (been a while since I've worn 555s). I wear my HD-280 Silvers for ten and twelve hours at a time, feel great, sound great.

wasted pixels on