As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Escapist...

HankStamperHankStamper Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Graphic Violence
For those of you who haven't read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay (book), there is a character hatched up by the Protagonist named "The Escapist".

The Escapist main abilities are that he is a magician by trade, he has a golden key which is the source of most of his power (both his magical and physical power).

Now, I did a fairly shitty job explaining The Escapist, so if you are interested I recommend the book or Wiki'ing it.

TO THE POINT: Do you think that creating an Escapist Series would be a worthwile task? Furthermore, who would you like to see do it?

Neil Gaiman has my vote.

never give a inch
HankStamper on

• Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Man, if only someone like Brian K. Vaughan would do an awesome six-issue Escapist-related miniseries...

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    Brian K Vaughan just finished a miniseries about someone creating an Escapist comic series.

It was called the Escapists, and it was fantastic.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's clearly Brian K. Vaughn, fishing for compliments and recognition again.

Well this carp won't bite, BKV!

robosagogo on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Besides the forementioned Escapists, there's also three anthology trades out collecting various stories about the Escapist himself. They're each titled "Michael Chabon Presents: The Amazing Adventures of the Escapist." I really enjoyed them simply because each digest-sized book is filled with a bunch of different writers and artists giving their own take on the character, and I love that kind of stuff.

Munch on
  • Options
    HankStamperHankStamper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I had heard that someone was working on it... I didn't realize it was out yet. Wow, I feel like a jackass.

But, still, it could be interesting to see other's takes on it. I will have to check this out.

HankStamper on
    never give a inch