As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Escapist...

HankStamperHankStamper Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Graphic Violence
For those of you who haven't read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay (book), there is a character hatched up by the Protagonist named "The Escapist".

The Escapist main abilities are that he is a magician by trade, he has a golden key which is the source of most of his power (both his magical and physical power).

Now, I did a fairly shitty job explaining The Escapist, so if you are interested I recommend the book or Wiki'ing it.

TO THE POINT: Do you think that creating an Escapist Series would be a worthwile task? Furthermore, who would you like to see do it?

Neil Gaiman has my vote.

never give a inch
HankStamper on

• TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Man, if only someone like Brian K. Vaughan would do an awesome six-issue Escapist-related miniseries...

Terrorbyte on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    Brian K Vaughan just finished a miniseries about someone creating an Escapist comic series.

It was called the Escapists, and it was fantastic.

DJ Eebs on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's clearly Brian K. Vaughn, fishing for compliments and recognition again.

Well this carp won't bite, BKV!

robosagogo on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Besides the forementioned Escapists, there's also three anthology trades out collecting various stories about the Escapist himself. They're each titled "Michael Chabon Presents: The Amazing Adventures of the Escapist." I really enjoyed them simply because each digest-sized book is filled with a bunch of different writers and artists giving their own take on the character, and I love that kind of stuff.

Munch on
  • HankStamperHankStamper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I had heard that someone was working on it... I didn't realize it was out yet. Wow, I feel like a jackass.

But, still, it could be interesting to see other's takes on it. I will have to check this out.

HankStamper on
    never give a inch