As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-Fight Debate Thread: SEMI-FINAL ROUND

Doctor DoomDoctor Doom Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Graphic Violence
Match A:

225px-Ultronunleashed.jpg

Ultron

Powers: * Superhuman strength, speed and durability
* Flight
* Energy blasts
* Force fields generation
* Hypnosis
* Genius-level intellect

VS.

225px-Doomlee.jpg

Doctor Doom

Powers: Genius-level intellect,
Ability to exchange consciousness with another humanoid,
Command of magic
Powered armor grants:
Superhuman strength and resistance,
Flight

Environment: Washington D.C. All of it. Kill the president, take people hostage, burn down the metrorail system, go crazy.

Match B

270px-Loki64.PNG

Loki

Powers: Vast magical powers, typical superhuman attributes of Asgardian race such as extended longevity and superhuman strength, great intellect, shape-shifter

VS.

585px-Nimrodcross.PNG

Nimrod

Powers: Superhuman strength, durability
Ability to project destructive energy blasts
Can interface with and control computers
Shape shifting
Regeneration
Teleportation

Environment: The Phantom Zone.

Doctor Doom on

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh shit.

Oh shit.

deadonthestreet on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh shit.

Oh shit.

Furu on
    edited January 2007
    I know this, Washington DC is fucked.

Furu on
  • GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, Loki and Nimrod are fighting in a strictly DC environment?
    How the hell do we judge the effects of THAT?

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Good: It's completely level, ten.

Also, as for Doom and Ultron...

Well, Doom made it to the Semi-Finals.

The Muffin Man on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, Loki and Nimrod are fighting in a strictly DC environment?
    How the hell do we judge the effects of THAT?

well

the phantom zone looks like this

so judge based on that

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Does the phantom zone have any known effects on magic?

This early on I'm leaning towards doom and loki, but its a close round.

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
    edited January 2007
    With no Doombots, time to concot a plan, or anything special, it basically comes down to Doom playing hide and go seek while Ultron systematically destroys DC until he finds Doom. And then it's over.

I don't even want to think about the second match.

Furu on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ultron forcibly changes all computerized records of the city limits to state that Washington DC extends from Ultron's left leg to Ultron's right leg, effectively forcing Doom out of bounds.

Loki turns Nimrod into a real boy and then trades him to Zod for Kryptonian cigarettes.

robosagogo on
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    Ultron forcibly changes all computerized records of the city limits to state that Washington DC extends from Ultron's left leg to Ultron's right leg, effectively forcing Doom out of bounds.

Loki turns Nimrod into a real boy and then trades him to Zod for Kryptonian cigarettes.
    "Kneel before Zod" :winky:

The Muffin Man on
  • MajidahMajidah Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ultron immediately realizes that Doom will be hiding in the latverian embassy, but upon arriving there, he realizes that the embassy counts as latverian soil and that he counts as disqualified. Meanwhile Doom eats the President.

Majidah on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:
    Ultron immediately realizes that Doom will be hiding in the latverian embassy, but upon arriving there, he realizes that the embassy counts as latverian soil and that he counts as disqualified. Meanwhile Doom eats the President.

Someone post scans from that one issue of DOOM 2099.

DarkPrimus on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Exactly how strong/durable is Doom? I know Ultimate Doom can only be hurt by his own body, does that apply to regular Doom too?

Also Nimrod is so fucked now. Justice.

Mai-Kero on
    edited January 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Exactly how strong/durable is Doom? I know Ultimate Doom can only be hurt by his own body, does that apply to regular Doom too?

Also Nimrod is so fucked now. Justice.
    Doom is just a normal, fleshy human, albeit encased in armor and protected by numerous useful devices.

robosagogo on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Once the Avengers know of both Doom and Ultron in DC they scramble to cut casualties. At that time Doom transfers himself to Wasp's body, flies into Ultrons central computing and begins fucking it up. Or he just takes over Scarlet Witch and fucks up Ultron so badly that people will be begging for Doom to take a picture with them. Either way, Doom is winnah.

Hmmmm, second fight....hmpf. Don't really care either way but neutrally-I really think Nimrod unless Loki can confuse Nimrod so much that he just short circuits and explodes.

Crayon on
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ouch... Doom and Ultron both have armor, blasts, and both are geniuses who have created armies. Ultron flies. Ultron has single-handedly defeated more foes... and isnt moral like Doom. Doom did build hs own Ultron once, but this is a battle, not a lab challenge.

Ultron wins.

Loki vs Nimrod? I predict Loki exiting the phantom zone wearing newly-obtained pink armor. o chance for Nimrod.

JCM on
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:

You are assuming Ultron actually has to go IN.

He can just sit and blast the fuck out of it from the outside.

Furu on
    edited January 2007
    I really hope people are so bent on revenge that they all vote for Nimrod, just to see Ultron rape the living SHIT out of Nimrod in the Finals.

I mean, I am.

The Muffin Man on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Gosh, not one DC villain.

Terrorbyte on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Gosh, not one DC villain.

At least there were DC villains actually in the contest.

But seriously, the whole thing has been completly redonkorus.

Mystique beating Electro?

yeah, right.

Bloods End on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Doom kills the president, and declares everything not in the oval office Latverian soil.

Loki is a god.

Dex Dynamo on
    edited January 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote:
    Doom kills the president, and declares everything not in the oval office Latverian soil.

If anyone is doing any president killing, it's Ultron. Who will probably blow up the White House just on principle.

Furu on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Let's all just agree the president is fucked.

Dex Dynamo on
    edited January 2007
    What if it's president Thor?

Bloods End on
    edited January 2007
    I will be amazed if any of the city is left standing.

Furu on
    edited January 2007
    Bloods End wrote:

*White House is blown up by Ultron*
    "ULTRON! I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH THEE!"

The Muffin Man on
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bloods End wrote:

President Luthor?

JCM on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Killing the president won't make you the president. They would then have to kill the vice-president, speaker of the house, etc all the way down the line.

Doom is going to need something big to help him win this one, and im not sure what that may be. I think Ultron is gonna win this.

The other fight...err Nimoki wins.

Marathon on
    edited January 2007
    Marathon wrote:
    Killing the president won't make you the president. They would then have to kill the vice-president, speaker of the house, etc all the way down the line.

Doom is going to need something big to help him win this one, and im not sure what that may be. I think Ultron is gonna win this.

The other fight...err Nimoki wins.

I disagree. Lorod wins.

Furu on
  • rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    NIMROD?!?

seriously?!? he made it this far?

rchou on
    edited January 2007
    Marathon wrote:

5p20.gif

Bloods End on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Doom has the president declare war on Ultron. Before Ultron can do any computer magic he finds himself at odds with some of the greatest heros in the United States who have been beckoned to defend the nation by a quivering and cowering president under Doom's control. If Doom built his own Ultron then he clearly knows the schematics so exploiting technicalities to keep himself safe while everyone else does the work won't be too much of a trouble as long as he doesn't go toe to toe.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2007
    Was Doom's Ultron sentient? It's not really Ultron if it isn't.

robosagogo on
  • MajidahMajidah Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've just realized, Nimrod is this tournament's Shade. I weep.

Majidah on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nimrod is pretty much toast against anyone more durable than him (Ultron) or people that can use magic, etc. to instantly vaporize, bind, transport him, whatever (Doom, Loki). I don't think he's unbeatable at all. He's just been in match-ups that are tilted way in his favor.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:
    I've just realized, Nimrod is this tournament's Shade. I weep.

Except Shade is awesome, and Nimrod is pink.

Fencingsax on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Who hits harder....Ultron or the Thing. Cause Doom's protective force field trades blows with the Thing on a semi weekly basis. And while not in comics persay...Ultron bowed down to Doom in Ultimate Alliance. I think Doom could simply win this by offering Ultron his prize right here and now and Ultron would forfit getting what he desires. Doom advances with out throwing a punch or hijacking an orbital laser.

Loki vs Nimrod...
    Nimrod goes berserk killing the negative zone prisoners he forgets Loki is even there who tricks Zodd into reaming Nimrod circuit by circuit.

Psychotic One on
    edited January 2007
    Doom has the president declare war on Ultron. Before Ultron can do any computer magic he finds himself at odds with some of the greatest heros in the United States who have been beckoned to defend the nation by a quivering and cowering president under Doom's control. If Doom built his own Ultron then he clearly knows the schematics so exploiting technicalities to keep himself safe while everyone else does the work won't be too much of a trouble as long as he doesn't go toe to toe.

And exactly what keep Ultron from punching Doom's head clean off before then?

Also Ultron changes himself with every model. Those schematics are so out of date it's ridiculous. He might as well have a schematic of a toaster oven.

Furu on
    edited January 2007
    Ultron hates humanity, though. Why would he turn down the chance to hurt Doom?

robosagogo on
    edited January 2007
    Who hits harder....Ultron or the Thing. Cause Doom's protective force field trades blows with the Thing on a semi weekly basis. And while not in comics persay...Ultron bowed down to Doom in Ultimate Alliance. I think Doom could simply win this by offering Ultron his prize right here and now and Ultron would forfit getting what he desires. Doom advances with out throwing a punch or hijacking an orbital laser.

Loki vs Nimrod...
    Nimrod goes berserk killing the negative zone prisoners he forgets Loki is even there who tricks Zodd into reaming Nimrod circuit by circuit.

Ultron's prize would be the destruction of the human race.

Sooo...

Furu on