As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    THANKS FOR HELPING ME THROUGH THIS HARD TIME LOOMDUN!

DeeLock on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey guys. I just watched a car chase with two cop cars - they were driving down a one-way street that we were (thank god) at a red light for...then the guy being chased jumped out of his car and started bolting...tripped, and one of the cops apprehended and handcuff'd him in the middle of the intersection.

Pretty intense.

NightDragon on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DeeLock wrote: »
    THANKS FOR HELPING ME THROUGH THIS HARD TIME LOOMDUN!

I try.

Oh but night dragons story reminds me of my mother and son bonding time. There is this kid two houses away from us and he whent insane so he threatened to shoot his dad. And so me and my mom go on the balcony and she makes popcorn because a bunch of cops come with shotguns and then we hear them threatening the kid to drop the gun. Over-all there was no shooting and he gave up. So it was veryyyyyy boring and we left the balcony dissapointed.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    THINKING BACK TO COLLEGE JUST MAKES ME SO FUCKING ANGRY, I'M SORRY
    College is great!!!
    I'm going back!!!

MagicToaster on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    My school pisses me off. It's the same aforementioned AAU from Ahab's post above, and while academically I think it's a great school, the administration does irritating things all the time. For example, I had to cut back to part-time this semester because of the financial crunch, yet, my school offers no academic scholarships of any sort.

They do, however, offer athletic scholarships. That's right. We have students there on full rides via a sports scholarship.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited November 2008
    Loomdun on
    splat
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey guys. I just watched a car chase with two cop cars - they were driving down a one-way street that we were (thank god) at a red light for...then the guy being chased jumped out of his car and started bolting...tripped, and one of the cops apprehended and handcuff'd him in the middle of the intersection.

Pretty intense.

I was driving back from UCLA last night southbound on the 405 and I saw 4 cops chasing an SUV going northbound. It was awesome.

rts on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am going to get bad grades this semester because I didn't even know how to function in some of my classes. College courses are so stupid.

"Write a paper about film, and to help you, I won't tell you how to write it or give you any warning. Even though you feel like you did well, you will get a C."

Or how about "I'm going to mumble up here in front of the chalk board and write down a whole bunch of equations, but don't worry, they don't matter, but here is a problem set that requires that you understand said equations, and here's a midterm that requires you understand me and the hundreds of pages of random notes that I wrote by hand, also chalk-full of grammatically vague questions that might cover things we never discussed or mentioned but you should know."

or the tried-and-true "I'm just going to stand up here and point at some power point slides that are just bullet points from the chapter you just read, but you should really come to class and feel motivated by all of this."

AND DON'T FORGET "Please identify some passages that have no context whatsoever and have no identifying features unless you memorized all of the 8 books you read, and write a paper about a passage and give an expert, completely undiluted analysis of it."

It's like they're trying to set us up to be really fucking amazing at everything and prioritize their classes over all the other things we have to do. WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS INCREDIBLY FLAWED AND RIDICULOUS SYSTEM?

They're just making me feel like grades mean nothing at all, but that's going to do a shit load of good if my GPA makes them take away my aid and I don't get into grad school (not that I want to, but if I do in the future) because I didn't want sweat over a bunch of unimportant historical points and facts that ultimately don't matter to anyone but the professors and they only make them so important because if they don't they'll realize their profession is a waste of time.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    grammatically vague questions that might cover things we never discussed or mentioned but you should know

Ahhh memories. I used to love the grammatically vague questions.

Bill walks into a store with $9.85 in small change, what does bill want to buy?
    a. Milk
    b. Bread
    c. He just came in to check out the hot female clerk with the big cans
    d. All of the above
    e. What the fuck?

and that's when you ask what the hell he means, they come up with tried and true How the fuck should I know? answer, "It's all covered in the notes!"

Mustang on
    edited November 2008
    One of my professors last year (the only one at SCAD I've ever had a problem with) wrote horribly vague questions on her tests. I tried asking her a few questions on them, and she told me I was "thinking too much". Then I got a C on it, and got pissed, and tried asking her what she'd wanted on the test, and she asked me if I "have trouble taking tests". I get A's on tests probably 90% of the time, and a B 10% of the time, and I wanted to punch her.

Oh yeah, that's the same professor whose lectures were all copy-pasted text from websites like Wikipedia.

She sure was a winner.

[edit] Complaint TOTP!

cute_cat.jpg

NightDragon on
    edited November 2008
    Man, I have to spend next Sunday in a park with my friends and their kids......it's so cutesy family BS I could cut my own throat. Getting old sucks major dick.

Mustang on
    edited November 2008
    That sounds like fun to me.

rts on
    edited November 2008
    You could go disguised as me! Remember to be witty and charming.

Mustang on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have no major complaints with my school, but I am super ready to graduate and move on. The biggest thing I got out of my schooling was work ethic. Now that I have a pretty solid work ethic, I actually feel a bit held back by doing assignments that wont help me in my particular field (and of course silly gen ed classes that boring and easy).

Sublimus on
    edited November 2008
    I definitely think witty and charming when I think Mustang

rts on
    edited November 2008
    You should come to his little family picnic completely smashed and fall over all the food then roll around on one of his kids.

Edit: Actually just let me go instead and i'll do that. She/he wont be able to tell the age difference at all.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    blah blah blah...

Oh yeah, that's the same professor whose lectures were all copy-pasted text from websites like Wikipedia.

blah

I was studying for my Native American Studies class, on wikipedia of course, and i kept coming across phrases and exact definitions that were in his notes and lectures.

My teacher just vomits back a bunch of bullshit from wikipedia and is passing it off as a class.

DeeLock on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Maybe the professor wrote the entry, devaluing his lecture and making you pay tuition for the same information that can be found online for free.

PROX on
    edited November 2008
    cakemikz wrote: »

Really? Most people think "crude and unnecessary" when they think of me.

Mustang on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mustang wrote: »

I think of old spice and pomade.

PROX on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Most of my classes were case studies followed by us making an advertising campaign. We'd work so hard on it all week, only to have it torn apart by the professors.

Terrified Student - "And so Toyota being an industry leader would offer more brand power...."

Prof. Evil - "Whoa-whoa-whoa! Toyota is an industry leader?"

Terrified Student - "Yes sir"

Prof Evil - "Can you back that up?"

Terrified Student - "We did a survey"

Prof Evil - "I don't see it in your report"

Terrified Student - "I forgot to include it"

Prof Evil - "You have an F... sit down."

I swear to God, my last presentation my hands were shaking I was so nervous.

MagicToaster on
    edited November 2008
    I think of cars and horses

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2008
    PROX wrote: »

I think of old spice and pomade.

Hey, whoa, don't knock old spice and pomade, those two products are the very foundations that America was built apon. They are the quintessaential elements of 50's sexiness.

Mustang on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Cool I get to come home for Christmas.

Godfather on
    edited November 2008
    DeeLock wrote: »
    blah blah blah...

blah

I was studying for my Native American Studies class, on wikipedia of course, and i kept coming across phrases and exact definitions that were in his notes and lectures.

My teacher just vomits back a bunch of bullshit from wikipedia and is passing it off as a class.

Hah, yeah...I actually found half of the sites my professor got her information from - none of them looked legit, either.

I considered writing an angry "blahblah" to somebody, or talking to them about it, up on the administrative ladder...but I decided against it, mostly because she's a pretty decent professor for studio classes...she should just never be allowed to teach lecture classes.

She'd also know it was me, absolutely...and i have to take her again at some point, so...D:

NightDragon on
    edited November 2008
    Good for you Godfather, I won't ask what happened, that shit is private, but I hope all parties are satisfied with the outcome.

Mustang on
    edited November 2008
    that photoshop is horrrrible, they didn't even take into consideration the whiskers. Wait...

Loomdun on
    splat
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I think of kangaroos and dundees especially the crocodile kind.

Also, Chili's is a horrible restaurant.

Tam on
    edited November 2008
    Oh my God how I don't care about culturally-incorrect Brazilian cinema and the value of identifying cinematic racism. Why? WHY!

Mustang, I think of horses when I think of you. And llamas. That's a zombie llama, right?

&@MT: I think I would like a professor like that. I really liked the bio teacher I had in high school that was ridiculous and expected everyone to care about biology more than anything and was really good at making us feel guilty...but that was because I was really good at biology, never had to read the text book, and she loved me.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh man. The gallery I'm showing in is so much huger than I remember. Fuck! I will post pics in my thread. :D

desperaterobots on
    edited November 2008
    Oh man. The gallery I'm showing in is so much huger than I remember. Fuck! I will post pics in my thread.

But your paintings are HUUGE, the gallery must be cavernous.
    srsizzy wrote:
    That's a zombie llama, right?

Right, I'm just glad you didn't say it was a partially hairy snake.

Mustang on
    edited November 2008
    to be honest when I first came to these forums I was confused why your name was mustang I was always under the impression it was a llama as well. To sadly confess. I just kinda assumed you liked cars and llama's

Also.. I lost my chinchilla picture. And I dont actually have photoshop anymore. So I cannot edit my chinchilla sadly for thanksgiving. Or remove the witch hat. Forever. But I likeeee how you draw horsies.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tam wrote: »

It's still a hell of a lot better than Applebees.

Ugh.

Godfather on
    edited November 2008
    Both are probably better than Barf-n-Diarrhea Fun Time, otherwise known as...
    A toilet clogged with barf and diarrhea.

ITT: all men are stupid assholes.

srsizzy on
    edited November 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    to be honest when I first came to these forums I was confused why your name was mustang I was always under the impression it was a llama as well. To sadly confess. I just kinda assumed you liked cars and llama's

Man, this is a boring story. I picked my username in 97 from a sub-charachter in Wing Commander Prophecy with the call sign Mustang (you remember Wing Commander right?). Anyway after 4 or 5 years some investigative person found a region of Tibet called the Hidden Kingdom of Mustang. It became a bit of a long running joke and I started referring to myself as the Grand Llama in homage to the hindu monks that live in said kingdom. Eventually I started using a Llama as an avatar, and of course as self-appointed ruler of said kingdom I needed an awesome crown.

See I told you it was a boring story, but you asked, well you didn't ask but I like talking about myself because I'm pretentious.

Awesome TOTP, now I get to out-cute ND. Whaaaaachow!
    03cute.large1.jpg
    Take that!

Mustang on
  • Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tam, I'm in the mood for some relaxin' and I want to relax to classical music. I know that you're all about the classical, so who composes or arranges good orchestral music? I want something new.

Well obviously not new, but something that I may not have, so I bow down to your expertise.

Edit: Also, I freaking love Debussy. Claire de Lune is my next big goal for piano.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
    edited November 2008
    The knowledge I have gained today is immeasurable.

oh yah...

yaychinchilla.jpg

PYAAACHOUYA ninja chinchilla GO

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2008
    NO, YOU LOSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06CbMa0kDr8
    redpandaianwaldiegetty.jpg

RED PANDAS WIN AT EVERYTHING EVER IMAGINED!

srsizzy on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    Tam wrote: »

It's still a hell of a lot better than Applebees.

Ugh.

Did you ever go to Rudy's Bar B Q? The place has wooden benches, paper plates, and gives you half a loaf of Wonderbread as a side and it's a thousand times better than any seated, air conditioned restaurant that you can find.

Tam on
    edited November 2008
    so I cant go to sleep tonight there is something in my bed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbmhQkBOex0

Loomdun on
    splat
This discussion has been closed.