As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Anyone know where that video of a couple percussionists that break into a home when a couple leave and time themselves precisely in various rooms to play household objects and leave by the time the couple comes back is?

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DAMMIT.

I've been searching for so long... Not even Google can top a real person.

Thanks

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    KronKron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So an Intuos 2 10x12 dropped into my lap today. My roommate had it for some reason, and I never noticed it until now. It's a substantial upgrade over my graphire 6x8...

I'm inspired, I wanna draw. This feels good.

[/lurker]

Kron on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My dog is cuter than any of the animals posted above.
    Ignore the food stains around his mouth :)

35b8snn.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    OllieOllie Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Holy christ as if I wasn't already having enough of a personal dilemma and a desire to quit school altogether I had to read the last two pages of this thread.

Thank goodness for fluffy animals to make it all better. <3

Ollie on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Haha, yeah...I guess the last couple of pages haven't been encouraging to those in programs they aren't happy with.

rts on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The sad part is I'm not even in art school. I'm kind of bummed out about it because it's the only thing I really feel I can do half-decently and I think I would love it, but art as a career, after the always expensive art school, does not seem... I dunno, fiscally responsible, especially since I don't feel that I have a great, unique style to start with to help garner attention (and by that I mean clients).

On a less negative and whiny note, anyone here familiar with the musical talents of Adam Crossley? Torontoans might know the name, but his fame seems to be pretty limited despite one of his songs being featured on Law&Order: CI.
    edit* Holy crap I just noticed the AC Challenge thread is song-themed. NOBODY USE ADAM CROSSLEY OK

Ollie on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tam, I'm in the mood for some relaxin' and I want to relax to classical music. I know that you're all about the classical, so who composes or arranges good orchestral music? I want something new.

Well obviously not new, but something that I may not have, so I bow down to your expertise.

Edit: Also, I freaking love Debussy. Claire de Lune is my next big goal for piano.

I am by no means an expert, I just love classical music a lot.

Schubert, Beethoven, Wagner though I doubt you'll find much of Wagner relaxing. e: wait, are you asking for relaxing classical, or any kind?

I'll edit this post in the morning with better stuff.

e- Bach's Cello Suite no.1 especially the Allemande and Prelude; String Quartet no.17, Clarinet Concert, and Concerto for Flute and Harp by Mozart (actually, any quartets or quintets by Mozart are pretty relaxing); Traumerei by Schumann...huh, most of my collection is pretty exuberant.

Tam on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/shiftingme

This is so funny you will pee in your mother's vase.

Mmhmm, vase.

That is if you miss her...lace...tablecloth.

And tilted to the right, instead of the left, in which case you woulda' peed on her face.

I don't know what she's doing under the table, it's not my mamma!

[edit] Woah, that video is amazing. I bookmarked it for studying purposes. Too bad they probably did some intense film magic to record the sound so well and somehow get video from all those different angles.

[EDIT!] Oh my God.
    While Ace Dick sets up the rather complicated board game, Death clicks his BALL POINT SCYTHE and jots down a few notes in his TOME OF WAYFARING SOULS.

He documents the tale of three detectives trapped in their offices. In the due course of time, they escaped from their offices, only do discover they were still trapped in what could loosely be considered a larger office building, held hostage by an unscrupulous mob boss named Mobster Kingpin. MK wets his bill in just about everything, liquor bootlegging, laundering, embezzling treasure concealed in stone busts, prostitution outfits orchestrated by his Madame accomplice along with sinister urban mural rackets. Additionally, MK guards the MEGATON KEY required by the sleuths to exit to the REAL CITY STREETS which are in dire need of their sleuthing services!

The detectives were able to escape their offices by accomplishing various feats both inside their offices, and on the IMAGINARY CITY STREETS, a realm accessible in ways twofold: Through A) electrically-powered WINDOW PORTALS, and B) alcohol-fueled spells of IMAGINATION from within the safety of a small FORT.

The detectives additionally advanced their situation by forming alliances with various KINGDOMS residing on the flip-side of the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE. Problem Sleuth befriended ELVES, Pickle Inspector befriended WEASELS, Ace Dick befriended HOGS, and unfortunately, Mobster Kingpin made an ally as well in CLOWNS. Each aided his ally in its struggle against its warring party and received boons for their efforts. Eventually, Problem Sleuth used his heightened DIPLOMATIC ABILITIES to resolve all disputes among the KINGDOMS, thus winning him favor with the WEASEL KING.

Through the boons of their respective efforts, the sleuths gained a mysterious form of cognizance regarding their FEMALE ALTER EGOS. PS cognized awareness of Hysterical Dame, PI cognized Nervous Broad, and of course, AD merely cognized himself for lack of IMAGINATION. These ladies were revealed to be trapped in a DOLL HOUSE in MK's office, a room which he himself was proven to be trapped in as well, only freeing himself upon receiving his boon from the CLOWNS. The females had to overcome their prison as well as their DIMINUTIVE SIZES by accomplishing various feats within their rooms, utilizing SIZE ALTERING PORTALS to and from the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE involving a MUSIC BOX, a STOREFRONT, a MIRROR, a MANHOLE, and a JACUZZI.

Meanwhile, the sleuths engaged in battle with various DEMONS in the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE, gradually increasing their skill levels and adding to their repertoires of BATTLE TECHNIQUES and COMBAT OPERANDI. At one point, Ace Dick brewed a batch of CANDY CORN LIQUOR. The resulting explosion from the volatile concoction is ultimately what freed them from their offices. (For him, by blowing a hole in his front wall. For PS, by triggering an event which caused the OBOE to be dislodged from the back doors.) Later, Pickle Inspector drank the CANDY CORN LIQUOR to max out his IMAGINATION gauge, giving him tremendous powers in the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE.

His powers lead to these consequences.

A) Splitting himself into 8 clones.

B) One of those clones turning into a monster which killed most of the clones, and was then shot by...

C) One which summoned a CANDY MECHA, and then later killed by the "female" AD in the DOLL HOUSE.

D) One rising into the sky and becoming GODHEAD PICKLE INSPECTOR.

E) One using ABSTRACTED THOUGHT, allowing the real PI to function in reality, while the imaginary ones remain.

F) The final remaining one using TEMPORAL REPLICSIMILE, splitting himself in two. One disappearing into the PAST (PPI) and the other into the FUTURE (FPI).

Also meanwhile, Ace Dick (the original one) found the CONTROL ROOM containing a complicated PUZZLE and a CODE MACHINE. First, he tried jumping out of his SIDEWAYS WINDOW, fell through the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE sideways, and died. In taking a step back, he used the CODE MACHINE to skip ahead to a point in the game where the complicated PUZZLE was solved. (It was later determined that it was Past Pickle Inspector who went back in time to solve this puzzle, and then died.) Upon solving the puzzle, a hatch opened, allowing him to travel to the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE to collect his boon from the HOGS.

A little later, Problem Sleuth found the CONTROL ROOM too. He used the CODE MACHINE to return to an earlier state in the game, to the moment before Ace Dick jumped out the SIDEWAYS WINDOW. This time, AD was able to jump into the STOREFRONT before falling to his death. He emerged from Hysterical Dame's MUSIC BOX, causing him to be VERY SMALL. He eventually came to be normal-sized by using the various SIZE ALTERING PORTALS.

This is how there came to be three Ace Dicks.

Furthermore, by this point, there were two Pickle Inspectors: the original real one (PI), and his super-powered imaginary form in the future (FPI).

After PS used the CODE MACHINE to create the third AD, he then jumped through the UPSIDE-DOWN WINDOW with the PARACHUTE to fall through the sky of the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE, past the SLEAZY BROTHEL IN THE SKY, landing in the WEASEL KING'S palace. This is how he came to be charged with diplomatically resolving tensions among the FOUR KINGDOMS. However, he was only successful upon looking up a CHEAT CODE on GAMEFAQS, and printing it out. The PRINTOUT was generated in the ALCHEMY ROOM, which PI then took and used with the CODE MACHINE to skip ahead to the SUCCESSFUL POLITICAL NEGOTIATION. As a boon, PS received a great deal of AMMUNITION, ELF TEARS, WEASEL SNOT, HOG SLOP, PIE FILLING, and the loyalty of the WEASEL KING, and was returned to reality. He then collaborated with the other ADs to fit the SKULLS of the sleuths previously slain into the slots to unlock the DOUBLE DOORS.

In the ALCHEMY ROOM, PI also printed out a recipe for 5 ALARM HOT SAUCE, which involved a CHIPOTLE PEPPER, a rare item which proved to be found beneath AD's HAT. One of the ADs prepared the concoction in the HOT SAUCE STILL and waited for it to mature.

Upon freeing themselves from the DOLL HOUSE, HD, NB and "female" AD encountered MK, who'd just returned to his office. This sparked a fierce battle, whereby the heroines dealt damage to MK by raising his BLOOD SUGAR and using powerful attacks such as their CHARM BREAK! and MURDER FLUX! techniques. Power for these attacks was supplied when damage was taken by their counterparts. In the meantime, PS and the other two ADs were climbing the levels to MK's office, fighting monsters along the way. Damage they took fueled the females' attacks, and vice versa.

NB's MURDER FLUX was maxed out when PI was fooling around with windows in the CONTROL ROOM. He dropped one window through its own corresponding window portal, in spite of warnings from the HONEYBEE PROFESSOR. The reaction triggered a massive explosion, killing PI and the PROFESSOR. PI met with DEATH for TEA. The PROFESSOR pollinated the floral/fractal-based AFTERLIFE, while GPI fondly regarded it. After her attack, MK pushed NB through his office window. She fell through the sky in a nervous manner for some time until FPI appeared from the past and caught her.

In the course of the battle with MK, AD was killed in a suicide maneuver. He met PI and DEATH in the AFTERLIFE. Together, they eventually bested DEATH in a series of sudoko-based challenges to return to life. Pickle Inspector would bring a tear to DEATH'S eye by completing the LABRYNTHINE SUDOCUBE COMPREHSENSILE.

The earlier window explosion caused by PI was so massive, it caused a city-wide blackout in the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE. The darkness triggered the release of the terrible DEMON called FLUTHLU, the final adversary PS would face at the top of the tower, which physically corresponded with the imaginary TOWER OF SYNDETIC ASCENSION connecting both sides of the universe. FLUTHLU would climb that tower and emerge through the DEATH STAR WINDOW. PS would easily kill FLUTHLU with his TRUSTY KNIVES attack.

On the way up, one of the ADs was attacked by a ZOMBIE HIRED MUSCLE (who would later prove to be a hero) and became ZOMBIE ACE DICK. ZAD snuck by FLUTHLU to discover the giant BOWEN STILLSON DOGG bust blocking MK's office door.

Meanwhile, HD killed MK with KISS OF DEATH. However, MK snuck out of the AFTERLIFE while DEATH was distracted by PI and AD. MK revived himself with INSULIN SHOT, and knocked HD out cold. He then built a FORT out of his desk, drank some liquor, and retreated into the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE.

Once the 5 ALARM HOT SAUCE was finished, the explosion destroyed the BOWEN STILLSON DOGG, allowing PS into MK's office, to find MK in his fort.

The other AD drank the 5 ALARM HOT SAUCE and became a very strong FIESTA ACE DICK.

When FAD inverted the universe by flipping a window, this allowed MK to descend into demonhood to become DEMONHEAD MOBSTER KINPIN, MK's final form. PS, FAD and ZAD went through the office and upstairs to the deck of MK's imaginary pirate ship, the CHICAGO OVERCOAT. FAD had to destroy/dislodge a series of busts along the way, including a SNOOP BUST which he tragically sent into the sky never to be seen again.

PS flipped the ship's STEERING WHEEL to invert the universe again to begin waging battle. PI and AD, having bested Death, returned to the ship. FPI conjured CANDY ARMOR for the party, which was quickly negated by DMK's powerful attacks. The sleuth party countered with a series of their own attacks, raising DMK's BLOOD SUGAR and dealing damage by summoning the WEASEL KING, conjuring a JAWBREAKER SKYLIGHT BOMB, and invoking a COMB RAVE to execute a ridiculously powerful TRIPLE TRUFFLE SHUFFLE. DMK's first face was defeated, only to reveal DMK's second face with two fully revived health meters.

To counter this, the sleuth party invoked their GAMBIT SCHEMAS to enhance their offensive and defensive attributes.

Meanwhile, HD and NB find themselves trapped in the SLEAZY BROTHEL IN THE SKY, where they pursue a mission to best MADAME MUREL, MK's female counterpart and brothel matron, and plug in a GIANT FAN for some reason.

Also, while DMK's WEAKSPOT was exposed, AD foolishly got on top of DMK's HAT. (The AD who was at one point the "female" AD but now ironically functions as the "normal" AD.) DEATH met him on top of the HAT and then challenged him to a friendly game of LIFE, which brings us to the present moment.

It's all so simple you wonder why you even bothered to ask.
    GREATEST.
    COMIC.
    EVER.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Haha, yeah...I guess the last couple of pages haven't been encouraging to those in programs they aren't happy with.

My school's program hasn't had a permanent metals professor in something like 8 years. Most of our equipment is over 30 years old and in poor condition. I've had two different professors in the time that I've been here, both with radically different teaching styles, and ideas of what should be taught at the Undergraduate level. My first professor focused primarily upon fabrication techniques, which would be idea for what I want to do. Our new professor wants us to learn more contemporary techniques used in modern studio jewelry. Like felting, and plastic casting. While I understand why she wants us to learn this, I would rather learn metal fabrication, instead of multimedia.

If I had known this were going to be the problem here, I would have never came to this school.

Also, I just went to SOFA Chicago, and realized that all the work I make is terrible, and I should feel terrible.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think I've stopped caring about my Drawing III class. We have a critique today, and I have a blank sheet of paper. I always get the work done, and I get it done on time, and I get good grades on the work.........but I hate critique-days when they don't work with my schedule.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think I've stopped caring about my Drawing III class. We have a critique today, and I have a blank sheet of paper. I always get the work done, and I get it done on time, and I get good grades on the work.........but I hate critique-days when they don't work with my schedule.

Speaking of which the skinny lady i've been working on is due today (same thing i'm using for my portfolio stuff) I got 3 hours to finish it. Just taking a break real fast while giving a last update on it before I spend my next 3 hours hopefully atleast finishing the pelvis/ a leg. YAYYYY

and its critique day. yay?

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Our critiques are held during our class periods.

I am honestly starting to feel like I am going to graduate and not be able to get into any sort of fellowship, assistantship, internship or graduate school because of how little formal metalsmithing I have been taught. I think about 3/4 of what I know, I've learned on my own. What a waste of school.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I cant work for longer then 1-3 hours straight, is this normal? I usually have to stop for 30 minutes, I'm able to understand what i'm doing but if I work for more then this without taking a break my head begins to go into a splitting headache which is why I usually talk alot here. I'm hoping as I get closer to 19 this will stop it really slows me down. Does anyone have advice on what to do about this?

And i'm surprised how little they taught you since your such a good metal smith

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    I cant work for longer then 1-3 hours straight, is this normal? I usually have to stop for 30 minutes, I'm able to understand what i'm doing but if I work for more then this without taking a break my head begins to go into a splitting headache which is why I usually talk alot here. I'm hoping as I get closer to 19 this will stop it really slows me down. Does anyone have advice on what to do about this?
    Uhh...no. It's also not normal for a headache to disappear within 30 minutes as far as I've experienced, unless taking medication, in which case it shouldn't come back really. I can work for like 6 hours straight without even noticing (or at least, I used to be able to; haven't in a while, I've become more inattentive lately).

But if you're getting headaches from concentrating, you should probably see a doctor.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Welllll sometimes I work for about 10 hours straight but I just have these times when the headache starts coming, sometimes it lasts for a really long time and sometimes it last for 20-30 minutes. But if you look at what I have shown, the gaps inbetween all of my stuff that vary so greatly is inbetween the headaches including as I draw on a single piece itself.

I am starting to think I should see a doctor but at the same time it feels like it benefits me in a way.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I guess you should get it checked out to see if it is anything serious (it mostly likely isn't but then again, who knows). If it isn't serious it isn't like you'll be forced to take medication if you want to keep the headaches around for inspiration.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm a doctor (read: not a doctor), and off the top of my head I'd say that maybe it's your working conditions, such as lighting, how close your face is to whatever you're doing, if you're listening to music with headphones, etc. I know that when I was doing programming assignments I eventually had to set my editor's background to black because the bright white was starting to mess with me, and I think that working with not enough light can have the same effect.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That sounds pretty reasonable- and it isn't ever a bad idea to get up and walk around every 30 min or so (its better for your eyes anyway)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I usually take a break every hour or two. Otherwise I start getting tired, and then I usually make irreparable mistakes, or compromise safety.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    alright well it doesn't sound tooo serious then anyways I got class in 16 minutes, Updated what I was working on again still not finished make sure toooo criticizeee ittttt i'll be backkkk weeeee!

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Welllll sometimes I work for about 10 hours straight but I just have these times when the headache starts coming, sometimes it lasts for a really long time and sometimes it last for 20-30 minutes. But if you look at what I have shown, the gaps inbetween all of my stuff that vary so greatly is inbetween the headaches including as I draw on a single piece itself.

I am starting to think I should see a doctor but at the same time it feels like it benefits me in a way.

Sounds like you may need glasses. Or if you have glasses, you need different ones.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh sweet! No critique-day today, it was a work-day instead! And we're not having a critique-day at all on this project, we're just going to have work-days! Woo :)

NightDragon on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Critiques are exhausting, especially when you got like 20 guys in your class. It takes up most of the class just to talk about peoples work!

edit: Loomdon: I got like that during crunch time at Disney. It's stress related.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hurray! I've gone from a straight A, employed, hard-working, extracurricular student, to a C+, unemployed, lazy, no-good student!

Now I want to shoot myself in the face. Thanks a lot Columbia Core Curriculum.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    i hate critiques. it probably doesn't help that the last assignment we got was a wood screw.

it wasn't draw a wood screw. no, the wood screw was given in lieu of an assignment. i have it sitting on my desk.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Orik.... can you explain your sig to me? Secret Satan?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    yeah, secret satans from SE.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Dude, Virum, that is exactly how I expect my school years to go. I figured I'd hopefully find a few friends I can be close with to get me through it with my sanity intact, and some writing and art classes so that I'm at least forced to keep writing and drawing in my free time. High five for wasting time and investing money just to get a degree that might guarantee that money be paid back later!

Well, I'm going to such a cheap school that after financial aid and my scholarship I'm actually earning a little money by being here...so it's not so bad. I did a lot of my school at a JC when I was in highschool which was free as well.

So it could be a lot worse for me.... I enjoy my figure drawing classes a lot so it's all good.

Virum on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just lost my phone. Since i'm not a legal citizen I can't pick up another.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Since we're discussing school, which ones do yous guyses think are best for video game design and/or programming? (I live in Washington, but feel free to name anything.) I do Google search for good schools and it mentions schools like ITT Tech or DeVry but from talking to actual STUDENTS of said schools they don't sound like the best.

I'm trying to figure out where to go post-AA and might not even go into an art-related field, but still. Trying to get my footing.

Ollie on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    mmmmmmm hot cocoa with a hint of mint...:)

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Damn, that really sucks, Godfather. Good luck with it.

Did anyone watch the new Top Gear and also play Red Alert? They used Hell March in the newest episode!

Tam on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Tam wrote: »

Did anyone watch the new Top Gear and also play Red Alert? They used Hell March in the newest episode!

WHAT? I need to see this!

bombardier on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I like hot cocoa with a hint of vanilla extract, but mint sounds good too.

Also on the phone thing, you can get pay as you go phones pretty cheap now, sometimes with carry over minutes from what I'm told.

I'm gonna have some cocoa now, lets all have some chocolate.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Seriously! And a fire, and blankets, and all my friends...:(

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    bombardier wrote: »

WHAT? I need to see this!

It was brief, but it was the best TV easter egg ever.

Tam on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    bombardier wrote: »
    Gear

http://forums.finalgear.com/wts-tg-season-12/12x02-november-9th-2008-a-31639/
    Thread for the song playlist for the last ep, Hell March is at 46:58 - 47:16 if you want to skip to it.
    (Thanks for D&D for bringing that forum to my attention, the song listing thing is awesome since Top Gear usually has a lot of really good music; I finally have the music that plays when the Eurofighter and Veyron took off in the drag race thanks to it [I Am Home - Massive Attack if you were wondering]).

And, screw you, State Department! There are many serious, factual foreign documentaries involving dead cows on car roofs that you are stifling because if your backwards visa policies.

Also I was behind an orange Challenger going across the Golden Gate in that direction a few weeks ago, only one I've actually seen in the wild...I'd like to believe that it was Hammond in there, but it was probably filmed months ago, so there goes my dreams for an incredibly obscure 4th hand brush with fame.

EDIT: Also after that episode I sort of want a Challenger, even though it was easily the worst of those cars and the gas mileage is absolutely appalling...I just wonder how much extra I would have to pay to get one that needs a friggin' key to start it.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I've decided all the time I spend on the internet can't help my social life or my getting done of work, and I'm not doing any art, so I'll see you all in a while.

I now forswear to not post in an AC [CHAT] thread at least until this one has reached it's 50 page demise. Tata.

srsizzy on
This discussion has been closed.