As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Left 4 Dead : The Tank, The Witch and Survivors in the Wardrobe : Demo Out Now!!

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Domhnall wrote: »
    Shiflett wrote: »
    Domhnall wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Restart yo steam

Downloading now

Ohoho, dling now.

6.5 days left? Goddamn it i want to kill zombies nooooooowwwwwww

*whine*

It's said 6.5 days since 1% and it's not at 20% for me. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to that.

230 kb/s

I'm pretty sure the 6.5 days left is how long till the demo runs out :)

Oh..Oh God..Yeah..It's under gifts.

I'm so, so thick.

D:

Best put a stop to my plans to murder people so i can play the game then......

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Also, your math is terrible Peregrine Falcon.

9400GT - 16-shader core at 550MHz.
    9600GSO - 96-shader core at 550MHz.

Yes, I realise it's not exact, because some things will be limited by memory/CPU/etc.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    THIS IS VERY UNTRUE.

You just have to find the right gal.

How many times have you heard me bitching about mine?
    There is no such thing in this time and age. Girls my age don't care about the guys they date, they just want what they want and throw it away after.

Only thing I can do is listen to Led Zeppelin (ten years gone, that's the way) cry my eyes out and wish I'd lived in 68' traveling the country in a volksvan on a head full of acid.

Seriously though, if it wasn't for L4D coming out in a week, i'd probably build a time machine and say fuck everyone else and I'M OUT.

I pray this is intense sarcasm.

If not, that will force me to invent a machine to smack some bloody sense into you over the internet.

Inquisitor on
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    THIS IS VERY UNTRUE.

There is no such thing in this time and age. Girls my age don't care about the guys they date, they just want what they want and throw it away after.

Only thing I can do is listen to Led Zeppelin (ten years gone, that's the way) cry my eyes out and wish I'd lived in 68' traveling the country in a volksvan on a head full of acid.

Seriously though, if it wasn't for L4D coming out in a week, i'd probably build a time machine and say fuck everyone else and I'M OUT.

"Girls your age" have always acted like "girls your age", regardless of time.

Roland_tHTG on
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think you need a nice country girl, Rakuen. None of those nasty city harlots you seem to be hanging around with.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Argblagrhrhg only 11%

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

If not, that will force me to invent a machine to smack some bloody sense into you over the internet.
    Yea pretty much, except the crying part, i cry myself to sleep every night because I can't have costanza inside me 24/7.

It's an addiction, I know I'm looking into it.

But for real, I've always wanted to check out the 60s/70s.

Roland: tis true
    Domnhall: You're probably right, but the country side is like.... west MA and Pennsylvania.. and I don't know any weed connections out there :P

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a report to hand in tomorrow. The demo is downloading pretty fast (270 kb/s~). This does not bode well.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's odd. I played L4D on a friend's account (who preordered) from my computer, but now it's downloading again for the non-preorders? Bwuh?

BlueDestiny on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Airan wrote: »
    I have a report to hand in tomorrow. The demo is downloading pretty fast (270 kb/s~). This does not bode well.

Same boat. Paper due tomorrow. Also have to work tonight

Hmmmm

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    THIS IS VERY UNTRUE.

denton.jpg

Oh god. I just recently finished playing DE on gametap this week, and your post good sir, made my day.

Also, storms have canceled class today, leaving the whole day open to L4D.

I personally believe that it is a sign from Raptor Jesus.

Verr on
  • LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.

Lokiamis on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lokiamis wrote: »

Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.

Djiem on
    edited November 2008
    As if the Director heard my woes, it's now downloading at 200 kb/s~. I better finish this report fast so that I may enjoy some zombie carnage.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Djiem wrote: »

Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to players.

I'm actually expecting to be pounced on by a hunter at 99%

Lokiamis on
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I'm actually expecting to be pounced on by a hunter at 99%

That's why you should be pounding the melee button starting at 98%.

expendable on
    Steam
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yea pretty much, except the crying part, i cry myself to sleep every night because I can't have costanza inside me 24/7.

Domnhall: You're probably right, but the country side is like.... west MA and Pennsylvania.. and I don't know any weed connections out there :P

But the 60s/70s would also require you to go through the 80s.

Trust me. You wouldn't want that.

Roland_tHTG on
  • GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    THIS IS VERY UNTRUE.

limed because it says A LOT about this game.

GreenPowerRanger on
    edited November 2008
    expendable wrote: »

'm actually expecting to be pounced on by a hunter at 99%

I think I hear somebody crying downstairs. Lemme just go check this out first.

Lokiamis on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

But the 60s/70s would also require you to go through the 80s.

Trust me. You wouldn't want that.

I am wearing baggy checkered pants as we speak. I'm not even lying.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

It's a trick! Get an axe!

expendable on
    Steam
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

God, I'll never see children crying the same way. I can picture myself ducking behind a counter at work, yelling "WITCH!" after a mom doesn't get her kid that videogame he wants and he doesn't take it well.

EDIT: I've been playing a lot at midnight/1AM recently just before going to bed, and the only thing I can hear in my dark, silent room is the horribly creepy song witches make. I need to hide under my bedsheets to sleep.

Djiem on
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can I get an invite to the PA/L4D groups? http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rakayn

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    This is actually quite patently false. My computer can run TF2. No amount of tweaking can make it run L4D.

THIS is why I will not buy L4D until I have personally verified that I can get it going.

I mean, valve, why the fuck do you have to use shader 2.0?

Hahahhahahaa
    If you can't run shader 2.0, it's time to upgrade

But of course, this is what a demo is for

But I have a laptop, and an HP at that.

Also, I cannot pawn shit as my delinquent stepsister has so far destroyed(she broke our fucking Ray-Bans and gave us ten dollars, ten dollars.), stolen, or sold anything of any value, all while blaring Lifetime so loud I can hear it through the walls, with her fan and lights and other fan on in an empty room, rendering my poor dog deaf, the bitch kicked me out of my room to the upstairs study and is going to be gone when she turns eighteen so what the fuck parents.

Also, I live with my parents solely because I am not looking forward to working on the oilfield and becoming my brother, losing all ambition, integrity, and to finish the steady decline, trying to extort money out of his own mother's pockets so that he can continue to drive eight vehicles.

Also, they have health issues and I am afraid of them dying, and my fucking relatives would find me and come over regardless so I may as well be with the ones I actually love, as opposed to those I like and feel deeply ashamed and embarrassed because of.

minigunwielder on
    edited November 2008
    Oh while we're here, can anyone explain to me why my headset (Sennheiser PC150) makes some sort of reverberating echo when I attempt to use voice chat? Basically when I test it goes "boom boom boom boom BoOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" like some sort of murky echo and it just increases in volume. I haven't updated my audio drivers but sure if my shitty £7 headseat worked fine before it died then this £30 would too? :(

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    This is actually quite patently false. My computer can run TF2. No amount of tweaking can make it run L4D.

THIS is why I will not buy L4D until I have personally verified that I can get it going.

Hahahhahahaa

Also, I cannot pawn shit as my delinquent stepsister has so far destroyed(she broke our fucking Ray-Bans and gave us ten dollars, ten dollars.), stolen, or sold anything of any value, all while blaring Lifetime so loud I can hear it through the walls, with her fan and lights and other fan on in an empty room, rendering my poor dog deaf, the bitch kicked me out of my room to the upstairs study and is going to be gone when she turns eighteen so what the fuck parents.

Also, I live with my parents solely because I am not looking forward to working on the oilfield and becoming my brother, losing all ambition, integrity, and to finish the steady decline, trying to extort money out of his own mother's pockets so that he can continue to drive eight vehicles.

Also, they have health issues and I am afraid of them dying, and my fucking relatives would find me and come over regardless so I may as well be with the ones I actually love, as opposed to those I like and feel deeply ashamed and embarrassed because of.

Yeah a shader 2.0 compatible gpu should fix a lot of that

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
    edited November 2008

Hahahhahahaa

and on top of all that your in jail.

GreenPowerRanger on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Hahahhahahaa

Wow is this real

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2008
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is an on topic forum and if you cannot keep to the topic of the game Left 4 Dead it will be assumed that you simply don't want to talk about the game and this thread will be locked.

Tube on
    edited November 2008
    mugginns wrote: »

Hahahhahahaa

Wow is this real

Shit son, if it wasn't real before, things just got real right there.

PeregrineFalcon on
    edited November 2008
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is an on topic forum and if you cannot keep to the topic of the game Left 4 Dead it will be assumed that you simply don't want to talk about the game and this thread will be locked.

I come to you now, at the turn of the topic

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
    edited November 2008

Glory to the hive?

PeregrineFalcon on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Hahahhahahaa

Yeah a shader 2.0 compatible gpu should fix a lot of that

You owe me a new monitor and keyboard.

ON TOPIC EDIT: Because I need them to play L4D with.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The steam servers are down for routine maintinance

D:

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's odd. I played L4D on a friend's account (who preordered) from my computer, but now it's downloading again for the non-preorders? Bwuh?

That's because it's available to the public now. It's been one week since the pre-orders got their demo, so now everyone else does.

subedii on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    87%...... Go Go Gadget zombies!

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2008

i thought we were on topic...

GreenPowerRanger on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    The steam servers are down for routine maintinance

D:

So that's why my demo download says 6.5 days left... :x

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2008

i thought we were on topic...

You were mistaken, and are now well past the point of pushing your luck.

Tube on
  • SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    People, the 6.5 days is when the game is out, not how long you have left on your download >.>

Nubs.

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.