As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Left 4 Dead : The Tank, The Witch and Survivors in the Wardrobe : Demo Out Now!!

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Honk wrote: »
    The steam servers are down for routine maintinance

D:

So that's why my demo download says 6.5 days left... :x

Nope, that's the length of time the demo is still good for.

I fell for that as well.

beat'd

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So this game is released at Midnight this Sunday right!?

urahonky on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, about that Left 4 Dead eh?

I hear it has zombies.

Question, is it recommended to play this game before I go to the bathroom?

Sceptre on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

I believe its the 18th, which is tuesday.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Sunday? The 18th is a tuesday. You'd get it at midnight monday at the very best.

Peewi on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Sooo anyone played it yet? Is it good? Perhaps, surpassing good?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does the woman in this game have the same VA as cortana from halo?

I'm also just loading up the demo now, Im excited

Dixon on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Take the cutest puppy in the world.

Turn it into a zombie.

That's how good this game fucking is!

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Skab wrote: »
    People, the 6.5 days is when the game is out, not how long you have left on your download >.>

Nubs.

It's how long the demo lasts.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
    edited November 2008
    I fucking hope Valve rots in hell. I want it this weekend!

urahonky on
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Steam friends fucking up for anyone else?

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Those of us who pre-orderd have been playing it for like a week.

It's pretty much amazing.

Inquisitor on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You call midnight on sunday part of the weekend?

tofu on
    edited November 2008
    tofu wrote: »
    You call midnight on sunday part of the weekend?

Would have been for me because I was planning on calling off on Monday. :(

urahonky on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    :rotate:

Hope I get to play when I get home.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is an on topic forum and if you cannot keep to the topic of the game Left 4 Dead it will be assumed that you simply don't want to talk about the game and this thread will be locked.

i thought we were on topic...

I went back and read the last few pages. About two or three people got off topic, so I guess it was assumed none of us were talking about the game anymore. Not sure what Cardboard Tube was reading, but for the most part, it was all on topic, albeit a very boring read.

That said, I was curious about something. Has anyone yet played a game where two witches spawn in the same map? I've only ever seen it spawn once per map. Same goes for the Tank from what I've seen. Just seems odd that I'll see lots of Smokers, Boomers, and Hunters in one map, but only the possibility of one Tank and one Witch.

Also, for the discussion about video cards from earlier, this is the one I have, and it works great for such a cheap price.

Dourin on
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh hey I can't play L4D atall because steam friends is boned. Yay.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Man, you guys are crazy. There's no way I could justify taking a day off of work just to play a game.

tofu on
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dourin wrote: »
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is an on topic forum and if you cannot keep to the topic of the game Left 4 Dead it will be assumed that you simply don't want to talk about the game and this thread will be locked.

i thought we were on topic...

I went back and read the last few pages. About two or three people got off topic, so I guess it was assumed none of us were talking about the game anymore. Not sure what Cardboard Tube was reading, but for the most part, it was all on topic, albeit a very boring read.

That said, I was curious about something. Has anyone yet played a game where two witches spawn in the same map? I've only ever seen it spawn once per map. Same goes for the Tank from what I've seen. Just seems odd that I'll see lots of Smokers, Boomers, and Hunters in one map, but only the possibility of one Tank and one Witch.

Also, for the discussion about video cards from earlier, this is the one I have, and it works great for such a cheap price.

IIRC, the Witch will only spawn once per map. I'm not sure about the Tank spawns, but I do know that two will spawn during the finales.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
    edited November 2008
    Man, you guys are crazy. There's no way I could justify taking a day off of work just to play a game.

Look this isn't about me. It's about Valve not releasing it this weekend.

urahonky on
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Eh, I took a week off work. Main reasons being for this, Wotlk, and my birthday. So there is at least one reason other than gaming that I took off work. :P

Dourin on
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sorry for double post but first game was fucking sick!

Dixon on
  • YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Motherfucker, i want to shoot zombies but i keep dropping out.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
    edited November 2008
    Nerds, all of ye!

tofu on
    edited November 2008
    Can anyone recommend a good set of headphones/microphone for this game? I need one post haste!

urahonky on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Nerds, all of ye!

Fancypants!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, I've found that my new mic is a bit on the quiet side while playing, at least without me being intentionally loud.

While I've always been told that I'm a bit quiet on Ventrillo/other voice app programs, I've got the mic output in windows maxed and boost checked, so I'm not sure there's much else I can do other than yell into the mic, which isn't quite my style. Now, under the L4D options you can currently adjust VOIP inbound volume, but for some reason the outbound adjustment is greyed out. Hopefully when the full version goes live I'll be able to fix this problem, but it's a bit annoying currently.

For those curious, the one I bought is a USB Rocketfish desktop mic (yes, I too think it's a stupid name).

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10088599&catid=26264

Am I retarded? Is there something else I need to adjust other than the windows volume control to get this thing sending my voice as more than a whisper?

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nerds, all of ye!

I challenge you to an honor Dew-Ell!

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just got the demo off live, Decasshern is my gamertag, playing now.

projectmayhem on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nerds, all of ye!

180px-Nerds.jpg

We'll be nerds that survive the zombie apocalypse, thank you very much.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    fuuuck

I finished downloading this and tried to play, and then it said installing update so that took a minute and then I hit launch game and now IT'S DOWNLOADING ALL OVER AGAIN BUT "UPDATING" AND OH GOODNESS I WANT TO PLAY BUT THIS WILL TAKE ANOTHER HALF-HOUR AT LEAST, BY WHICH I MEAN AN HOUR

Randall_Flagg on
  • dmaurodmauro Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can anyone recommend a good set of headphones/microphone for this game? I need one post haste!

I've been using this pair. It's great because the mic can pop right off and then you just have a pair of comfy headphones.

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Peoples need to assist in the genocide! Get on!

Verr on
  • angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I wear this pair of headphones, they're pretty much the only set I've ever worn that were comfortable

I use a wal-mart headset I got around my neck with the boom toward my face to talk, it's ultra neckbeardy looking but then again I'm in the privacy of my own room and I need to be comfy

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I use the old version of these, and they are incredible. Judging by the reviews, they kept the quality just as high with this new version.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited November 2008

I wear this pair of headphones, they're pretty much the only set I've ever worn that were comfortable

I use a wal-mart headset I got around my neck with the boom toward my face to talk, it's ultra neckbeardy looking but then again I'm in the privacy of my own room and I need to be comfy

Haha I got a set of those headphones from woot.com for like $20. But my vacuum ate the microphone :(

dmauro -> Those look sleek. I may have to pick them up, but $40 is a bit much for me at the moment. I may have to spring for a cheap mic and then put a good headset on my Christmas wishlist.

jonxp -> Hmm, that's a bit more in my price range. :) I may have to jump on them.

urahonky on
  • CelethangCelethang Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Now that the demo is out for the rest of us, can I get an invite to that Armadeaddon group? It'd be good to play this with cool people I bet :D

I think this is the right link, let me know if it isn't: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964013192

Edit: Hot damn you guys are quick. Thanks!

Celethang on
  • angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Haha I got a set of those headphones from woot.com for like $20. But my vacuum ate the microphone :(

dmauro -> Those look sleek. I may have to pick them up, but $40 is a bit much for me at the moment. I may have to spring for a cheap mic and then put a good headset on my Christmas wishlist.

jonxp -> Hmm, that's a bit more in my price range. :) I may have to jump on them.

woot ^5

the mic never worked for me, it always sounded like the devil talking.

I guess it did work, at scaring the shit out of anyone in Vent

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
    edited November 2008
    Woah, I've yet to get an invite to this group. What the hell guys? You used to be cool.

urahonky's the steam name. I'm sure I'm on at least one or two of your guys' friends list.

linuxgeek -> Mine wasn't too bad at times. Though I've been told I actually DO talk like Satan taking a shit. So there's that.

urahonky on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow I can't even log in to the Steam community web site, it is just totally blown away

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
This discussion has been closed.