As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    You know what car is amazing?

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03/aircar_450x338.jpg
    This car compresses air into its engine when you go home and plug it in the wall then uses the compress air as its gasoline its 100% pollution free and can drive up to 90 mph with the aid of gasoline (hence 106 miles per gallon)..

These have already been produced in Italy for some time now.

Yes, because air compresses itself. It isn't emissions free unless the energy used to compress the air was from a zero emission source.

Loomdun, I bet you were this excited about ethanol being the next big fuel, weren't you?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't think anything can be 100% pollution free. What about when you have to discard the car, I'm pretty sure you can't make the entire vehicle out of recycleable materials.

MagicToaster on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Honda has a car out in Cali. it's been said that it's emissions are cleaner than the air in LA.

Prospicience on
    edited November 2008
    I don't think anything can be 100% pollution free. What about when you have to discard the car, I'm pretty sure you can't make the entire vehicle out of recycleable materials.

Note the use of 'emissions'.

Also, these compressed air cars, at least the Italian ones have engines made of plastic. And we all know plastic recycling is a huge joke.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    My energy plan revolves primarily on a platform of genetic manipulation to give everyone giant bat wings. Runs on protein (screw you, vegans), emits eco-friendly turds.

It is not likely to pass in America, the pretense of the opposition being that using genetic manipulation in this fashion would be abominable and possibly immoral in a religious sense, but more truthfully it's because most Americans are too fat to be able to get off the ground with them.

EDIT: I'm not all that familiar with Olbermann because I don't get cable, but is he genuinely emotional in that clip, or does he just always sound like a quivering mass of righteous justice bordering on the edge of man-tears?

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2008
    Ah my mistake! But wait, seriously, a plastic engine?

Edit: My energy plan would consist of breeding ultra-hamsters that would power everything from their tiny hamster wheels. In the future, a cars power won't be measured in horse-power, rather, hamster-power*. I'll draw up a power conversion chart later.

MagicToaster on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Ah my mistake! But wait, seriously, a plastic engine?

Yeah, you can buy one here if you want to set it up as a do-it-yourself kit for your car.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Am I the only person here who wasn't looking forward to veterans day because of the fact that college is the only thing I have to do?

Oh right and as for forbe, I dont beleive the ones coming out in 2,009 are made of plastic due to the fact that if it crashes and breaks it wont explode like a Pipe bomb. The energy it uses to recharge is Electricity mainly because you have to plug it into something for 4 hours while it re-compresses the air into the engine. So yah I suppose its not completely free of cost but it has zero pollution basically so thats always a good thing + its a realistic alternative stations are inventing systems that can recharge the car in about 5 minutes so if you travel a long distance with it or what not.

But because of how it works I forgot what it takes off but there are a ton of things normal cars require that this does not making new cars of this absurdly cheap to buy in comparison to a hybrid car or a normal car.

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2008
    Yes, the engine runs the same way an an internal combustion engine, however it uses compressed air instead of fuel, so it makes more sense to use plastic instead, since heat will not be a factor, and the plastic engine would weigh something like a 1/3rd of a metal engine.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited November 2008
    oh right I guess I just slapped myself then oh wellz all I know is I hope it passes the safety requirements for USA to drive.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man this class is boring. No wonder I skip it almost every time.. haha.

Sublimus on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    EDIT: I'm not all that familiar with Olbermann because I don't get cable, but is he genuinely emotional in that clip, or does he just always sound like a quivering mass of righteous justice bordering on the edge of man-tears?
    I've never seen him before, but the parody Ben Affleck did seemed REALLY similar to this. He's so...like, spot on. That is exactly how I want to talk to America if I were put on TV. He manages to not get too angry, or too mean. It's like a perfect mixture of guilt-tripping, logic, sarcasm, and disappointment.

I want to be friends with this guy.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited November 2008
    So i'm planning on bugging jenna in like a hour, someone here give me a logical excuse as to what I should use for the botherance.

Edit Asides the cliche excuse of I coincidentally made delicious fresh home made cookies.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PROX wrote: »
    You should deliver a pizza over to her places:winky:

Surfpossum on
    edited November 2008
    nooooo food does not work rich people can conjure there own food at there own will. No food. If I fail to think up of a plan i'm just going to be blunt when I walk up and be like "um, I know you LIVE HERE CAN I DRAW YOU?"

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2008
    English...do you speak it?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited November 2008
    no not really this is going to be awesome

Loomdun on
    splat
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    make sure to videotape this and then post it on youtube.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    I've never seen him before, but the parody Ben Affleck did seemed REALLY similar to this. He's so...like, spot on. That is exactly how I want to talk to America if I were put on TV. He manages to not get too angry, or too mean. It's like a perfect mixture of guilt-tripping, logic, sarcasm, and disappointment.

I want to be friends with this guy.
    He's pretty dramatic usually - this is a bit sadder than usual - there are some where he is downright bombastic and angry, such as when he called out the republican party for fear mongering and for classifying some people as "real americans" and some as not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwA5PSmFSxU

Virum on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Keith Olbermann is a douchenozzle close to the level of Bill O'Reilly.

Tam on
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think he makes some good points, however. I've never listened to O'Reilly so I can't really compare, but I do realize that many consider Olbermann his democratic counterpart.

Virum on
    edited November 2008
    I just found out they're apparently remaking The Last Dragon... this does not bode well with me.

Prospicience on
    edited November 2008
    I just found out they're apparently remaking The Last Dragon... this does not bode well with me.

Join the club, buddy. It's the same with Spielberg doing Ghost in the Shell.

Tam on
    edited November 2008
    I wonder how he's gonna handles the amount of boobage in that movie?

MagicToaster on
    edited November 2008
    Tam wrote: »

Join the club, buddy. It's the same with Spielberg doing Ghost in the Shell.

Yeah, that's another I've been upset about (not to mention buttloads of other remakes happening that should never even be THOUGHT of). But, you can't replace the original sho'nuff, even if it is with Samuel L. Jackson.

If ghost in a shell isn't at least rated 'R' I'm not even going to see it.

Prospicience on
    edited November 2008
    I wonder how he's gonna handles the amount of boobage in that movie?

I'm more worried about him dumbing down the Major or using her original manga incarnation who was an unremarkable character.
    He's apparently hired the guy who wrote Street Kings to do this script. I haven't seen that movie, so I don't know what to make of that.

Tam on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So guys...if I was to make a Shading/Pencil Rendering Tutorial......what would you want to see on it? As in: are there any specific things you'd want demonstrated/explained?

I've got a general idea of what I can discuss, I'm just unaware of what topics/demonstrations would be most useful/desired by people.

NightDragon on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Most def pencil recommendations. pictures of what each pencil can do.

PROX on
    edited November 2008
    So guys...if I was to make a Shading/Pencil Rendering Tutorial......what would you want to see on it? As in: are there any specific things you'd want demonstrated/explained?

I've got a general idea of what I can discuss, I'm just unaware of what topics/demonstrations would be most useful/desired by people.

light intensity and dealing with different textures/materials in the subject.

Tam on
    edited November 2008
    I would probably be the worst person to ask for anything so instead I recommend trying to be retarded and be like "okay draw with the music children weeeeeeeeoooooooo!"

Loomdun on
    splat
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It probably dones't need to be said, but be sure to cover the basics. Like an example of a shading gradient, and [STRIKE]a section on what type of pencil (i.e. 3B, HB etc...) would be best to use for shading and rendering[/STRIKE]. A step-by-step process of the shading of some simple shapes, like a sphere or a cube and whatnot, might go down well too.

Flay on
    edited November 2008
    Except he's right...and not a totally close-minded, agenda-driven psycho.

I loved the video above, as well as the several I just watched about Bush/Cheney. I relate to this guy so much. I am sad I never noticed him before. It's kind of like a totally serious version of John Stewart.

Though I admit, he's incredibly melodramatic and has some sort of superiority complex. It's like he's the professor of the president giving out grades on how well he does. The way he speaks directly at people is kind of weird, since it's obvious that no one that disagrees with him or doesn't like him will ever be watching him.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't think Olbermann is close to as idiotic as O'Reilly. They are both on dickipedia though.

earthwormadam on
    edited November 2008
    I'm not saying he's not right once in a while, I'm saying they're both inflated egos masturbating to their own oration.

He's not the caliber of journalist to be using Edward R Murrow's sign out, certainly.

Tam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Except he's right...and not a totally close-minded, agenda-driven psycho.

I loved the video above, as well as the several I just watched about Bush/Cheney. I relate to this guy so much. I am sad I never noticed him before. It's kind of like a totally serious version of John Stewart.

Though I admit, he's incredibly melodramatic and has some sort of superiority complex. It's like he's the professor of the president giving out grades on how well he does. The way he speaks directly at people is kind of weird, since it's obvious that no one that disagrees with him or doesn't like him will ever be watching him.

Yup that pretty well much sums up how I felt about that clip. Definately melodramatic, but I agreed with him on every point........that being said moderates and left wingers need more dramatic voices in the media to counterpoint the crushing weight of the right wing vitriol that is talk back radio. I mean seriously is there a factory that makes angry, ignorant old fucks with great radio voices? We have a swathe of them in Aus as well, it's almost scary.

Either way, bi-partisan politics is holding america back from being totally awesome. Both sides of the fence need to get back to the center if there's going to be any great leap forward in US political effectiveness. At the moment you've got the head in the oven and the feet in the freezer.

Mustang on
    edited November 2008
    Yah there really needs to be a end to this whole rivalry between democrats and republicans its fairly retarded but whatever.. It does not matter if your 15 or 51 they are all childish, make rumors about each other. And then pretend to be friends when convenient.

The irony is we have so many economy issues and yet people are still busy making up useless random crap and making up things about people who can actually help the world into usless A-holes. Most if not all republicans except mcain dropped out because they pulled up so much dirt on everyone. And mcain was to senile to realize what was going on before it was to late. It just pisses me off how childish these people are. Basically Politics to me is for the children who miss Highschool so much that they have to get back to it in later age and spread it across the world.

IJrijwaetoijawtoijaoijtoiajt politics enrage me as to how college enrages bacon

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, well, maybe we would have so many problems if liberals weren't so much more right so much more of the time. As John Stewart says "Reality has a liberal bias." I don't identify with the politics of the democratic party, but on ethical and philosophical issues, they tend to be more rational, less selfish, and generally just right.

The problem with America is how ignorant and uneducated everyone is (on average).

I started a Blog. I was already writing some political stuff...on Facebook...so I thought putting on a Blog would make me feel better.

Man am I original or what? To counteract how stupid Blogs are, I'm going to consider writing for a school publication, or finding somewhere else where I might be able to get published.

srsizzy on
    edited November 2008
    thats technically what leads to split sides because both sides have valid points and its the bickering such as to srizzy above me may bring to dividing. i'm basically democratic but that does not mean I say there ideas are all right and I listen to the republican half and its all filled inbetween with a huge wide sea of bias. Maybe one side had the racist stance on something, this does not make them wrong with everything. Its just that X views on equal rights might have been different. and are still different to this day.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Either way you guys seriously rock for taking an interest in this shit at what? an average age of 23? and most of you have some really well developed views, I am seriously impressed with the intelligence level on this forum. Your universities must be getting something right, most of our student interest doesn't move much beyond how much beer they're going to drink on the weekend and what their starting wage will be when they graduate <- which of course is highly important, especially the beer part, but it's nice to have other interests

Mustang on
    edited November 2008
    I'M ANGRY. THERE YOU CAN READ IT NOW.

Loomdun on
    splat
This discussion has been closed.