As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jumping and Rolling and Diving, Mirrors Edge

Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then?Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Social Entropy++
mirrorsedgemeta.jpg

If you're a terrible person, you can masturbate to it!

Most other people though like the game for it's running and whatnot.

I myself picked up the game last night (for unknown reasons it was released early at EB Australia) and have been having a smashing time rolling and tumbling.

My only criticism is that it appears to be a short game. But I imagine doing the time trials and getting the achievement times will be fun times.

What do you think Glossolalia?
Air wrote: »
first person running?
hmm

also you should put a video on there cos i had no idea and had to look one up
pick from here i suppose
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6364.html

Blake T on

• FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I mant it baddddddddddd.

If my friends and I win the guitar hero contest we're going in next week, we win the whole set. We will sell it and my part of payout will go to this

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I will probably rent it!

#pipe on
  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Futore wrote: »
    I mant it baddddddddddd.

If my friends and I win the guitar hero contest we're going in next week, we win the whole set. We will sell it and my part of payout will go to this

Can you please send me the guitar

I really need a new guitar controller

Seta 3000 on
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    first person running?
    hmm

also you should put a video on there cos i had no idea and had to look one up
    pick from here i suppose
    http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6364.html

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I think i might just buy this because it looks so beautiful and even if it's short I know i'll want to come back to it every now and then.

Urian on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    When I was playing this though I kept thinking how awesome it would be if there was a level editor attached to it also.

DLC would be awesome for this game.

Blake T on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Since I don't have a 360 I preordered it on the PC, but it doesn't come out till fucking January.

George Fornby Grill on
    edited November 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    When I was playing this though I kept thinking how awesome it would be if there was a level editor attached to it also.

Have you tried playing without Runner Vision? Stale says that makes the game super harder.

I liked doing it in the demo, even though it takes off the pretty red.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This game.

This game is gonna be SO AWESOME.

Getting it tomorrow, got it all paid off the other day.

DarkPrimus on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I would probably buy this game

if my 360 hadn't red-ringed last night!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Have you tried playing without Runner Vision? Stale says that makes the game super harder.

I liked doing it in the demo, even though it takes off the pretty red.

To be honest, I haven't really been paying attention to the red things, I mean they are there but if you look around you can usually find a quicker way regardless. Maybe I just haven't gotten far enough in the game where you need the runner's vision.

I do like the colour that the red adds though.

Blake T on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    urgh i would love to play this

have, in fact, been waiting for it for a long time

but i am broke. so. christmas, maybe.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

I don't think it would work.
    The game so heavily depends upon precise level design, anything that wasn't built, rebuilt, playtested over and over, rebuilt again etc etc would play like absolute shit. The platforms have to be perfectly set apart, bars at the exact right height and distance, there's too much to get right.

#pipe on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There are so many ways to get from point A to point B in the parts of the demo (and I assume the rest of the game as well) it'd take forever for people to design maps that had more than one or two routes.

DarkPrimus on
    edited November 2008
    #pipe wrote: »

The game so heavily depends upon precise level design, anything that wasn't built, rebuilt, playtested over and over, rebuilt again etc etc would play like absolute shit. The platforms have to be perfectly set apart, bars at the exact right height and distance, there's too much to get right.

If it was a robust editor it could handle it.

Like if the editor would show the maximum jump distance you could theoretically make with full speed/half speed etc it would be easy to place things.

Blake T on
    edited November 2008

There could be checks for that in the software. Just simple reminders if something impossible is set up or worthless.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

a designer could easily be made to do distances automatically it would be nowhere near as impossible as you make it out be

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    people would go crazy with level editors though

you just gotta look at somethin like line rider to see that
    you can try for like an hour and maybe get a couple of hills
    other dudes make the most elaborate shit

alternate paths would probably suffer most i think

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
    edited November 2008
    I'm just saying that level design is the single most important part of this game and it would be a lot harder than you think to make a level that was any fun to play.

#pipe on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If any of you preordered it from Gamestop, tell me how shitty/good the bag that it comes with is.

George Fornby Grill on
    edited November 2008
    I'm just saying that level design is the single most important part of this game and it would be a lot harder than you think to make a level that was any fun to play.

That's why a good editor would also have a rating system. Enough people are on live to have a million playthroughs rooting out the worst levels

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited November 2008
    If any of you preordered it from Gamestop, tell me how shitty/good the bag that it comes with is.

It comes with a bag?

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I will be renting the shit out of this game, the demo was awesome

Waaay too many other games to play at the moment though, but if it gets sent out sooner I'll put the other stuff on hold and play through it

Ten on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

It comes with a bag?

if you preordered it comes with one of those 'runner bags' that you see in some of the trailers

Javen on
    edited November 2008
    Javen wrote: »

It comes with a bag?

if you preordered it comes with one of those 'runner bags' that you see in some of the trailers

holy shit I wonder if it's a well made bag. if so, I really want a messenger bag like that.

I'd just put a patch over the stupid videogame part

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited November 2008

It comes with a bag?

holy shit I wonder if it's a well made bag. if so, I really want a messenger bag like that.

The only thing on the outside of it is a small Mirror's Edge logo, hardly anyone will know what it is, besides a neat design thing.

George Fornby Grill on
    edited November 2008
    there doesn't seem to be much obnoxious branding on the bag, really

1484-94143-mirrorbonusjpg-468x.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
    edited November 2008

It comes with a bag?

It's actually a pretty cool looking bag.

I kinda want one.

Someone send it to me.

NOW.

Thankyou!

mirrors_edge_feith_rooning_bag_by_LlawlietDN.jpg

Dammit CI stealing my thunder!

Blake T on
    edited November 2008
    Also if you are that afraid of people thinking less of you because you have a bag with a video game logo on it you are pretty lame you know.

Blake T on
    edited November 2008
    C...I?

Centipede Damascus on
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd sport a bag like that. Not too fond of yellow tho.
    A nice red would do fine.

Rinder on
    edited November 2008
    I don't care what people think, I just have patches that I like a lot more

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

It comes with a bag?

It's actually a pretty cool looking bag.

I kinda want one.

Someone send it to me.

NOW.

Thankyou!

mirrors_edge_feith_rooning_bag_by_LlawlietDN.jpg

Dammit CI stealing my thunder!

I got one for free because I work at a Gamestop.

Not the well made one, but it's still super awesome.

Jacques L'Homme on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It wouldn't make a bad laptop/bookbag/travelbag.

Javen on
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    loved the demo a looot

definitely getting this at christmas

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    edited November 2008
    The only problem is that it doesn't seem too well balanced.

to keep it from swaying while on a bike of something along those lines. oh well. I'll have one, please thank you

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited November 2008
    C...I?

The hell was I thinking of? David Caruso?

Blake T on
    edited November 2008
    my new name is Centipede Istanbul

Centipede Damascus on
    edited November 2008
    Rinder wrote: »
    I'd sport a bag like that. Not too fond of yellow tho.
    A nice red would do fine.

If you want red, you can pay 130 bucks for the Collector's Edition, it comes with a Timbuk2 bag:

bag.jpg

I'd get it but it has that giant face on the inside..

George Fornby Grill on
    edited November 2008
    Centipede Incarnate is what you were thinking. People type CD and they type PI

Futore on
    ETqXK.png