As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Burning the midnight [WotLK release].

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    is that the beta client? does it work the same as retail? just need to get a key? if the answers are yes i might just downlaod that throw my cd key on and jump right in

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    CripTonic wrote: »
    Why hello there Wrath enUS client downloader of legitness that downloads at 500+kb/second

Yes, I would like to install Wrath now so I don't have to after I stand out in the cold and wait in line with the other mouth breathing population who play this game. Can you simply let me purchase a CD online maybe? Thanks.

The last time I went to a "wow line" was on release day and there were about 30 people at EBGames... somehow I think the line tomorrow night will be longer :\

I got so hooked on the classic beta I was at Fry's the day of launch, and I was in line in the cold at midnight for Burning Crusade.

This time I get to sit and relax at home after work and start right as the servers come up.

I like this better.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    SolidStateMindSolidStateMind Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Having been to a few nearby 7-11s and not seen it (or even a display for it, like they did with madden and GoW2), I'm just going to go out and buy a copy thursday evening like a civilized human being.

They probably learned their lessons from GoW2. I'm guessing they got smacked with a fat fine by selling them early.

Nope. I live in Seattle and picked up my copy of Wrath this morning at 7:30 from my local 7-11, while I was getting my customary huge-ass energy drink. They had it behind the counter, sitting on top of the cigarette rack. Oh, the delicious, delicious irony.

Of course, I'm too chicken to actually install the thing: knowing my luck, I'd get slapped with a 48 hour account ban for starting work on my DK early. I figure I'll install it tomorrow, get it patched up, and start playing at 9:00 PST, since that'll be Midnight out on the East Coast.

EDIT: not like the servers are up right now anyway.

SolidStateMind on
    <insert witty comment here>
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    CripTonic wrote: »
    Why hello there Wrath enUS client downloader of legitness that downloads at 500+kb/second

Yes, I would like to install Wrath now so I don't have to after I stand out in the cold and wait in line with the other mouth breathing population who play this game. Can you simply let me purchase a CD online maybe? Thanks.

The last time I went to a "wow line" was on release day and there were about 30 people at EBGames... somehow I think the line tomorrow night will be longer :\

I got so hooked on the classic beta I was at Fry's the day of launch, and I was in line in the cold at midnight for Burning Crusade.

This time I get to sit and relax at home after work and start right as the servers come up.

I like this better.

I prefer to remind myself that actual other people play this game, and nothing does that like standing in line with them!

... Okay, no, I can't keep a straight face while saying that.

Fuck y'all with cable.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Having been to a few nearby 7-11s and not seen it (or even a display for it, like they did with madden and GoW2), I'm just going to go out and buy a copy thursday evening like a civilized human being.

They probably learned their lessons from GoW2. I'm guessing they got smacked with a fat fine by selling them early.

Nope. I live in Seattle and picked up my copy of Wrath this morning at 7:30 from my local 7-11, while I was getting my customary huge-ass energy drink. They had it behind the counter, sitting on top of the cigarette rack. Oh, the delicious, delicious irony.

Of course, I'm too chicken to actually install the thing: knowing my luck, I'd get slapped with a 48 hour account ban for starting work on my DK early. I figure I'll install it tomorrow, get it patched up, and start playing at 9:00 PST, since that'll be Midnight out on the East Coast.

I don't think you can start on your deathknight until you put in your activation code. And they aren't bringing those servers up until 12pm EST.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Got my client patched to wrath. Just need to repatch up to 3.0.2 and I'll be ready to not play until Thursday.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    [strike]The question being, how the hell do you search for a 7-11 on google maps?[/strike]

Oh tricky, its "7 Eleven"

Arrath on
  • Options
    LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Catching a nice Error code from that link now. Something about not being able to read the information from the internet. Betcha people bogged that client out too.

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Arrath wrote: »
    The question being, how the hell do you search for a 7-11 on google maps?

Look for where the "cool" kids go

Brainleech on
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mines still going strong, but I'm pretty sure this is exactly why they didn't want to release Wrath as a downloadable on day 1.

EVERYONE will download it over driving to a store.

Seriously, I hope this leaks hard enough that they just say fuck it and allow for account upgrades online at midnight tomorrow.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    SolidStateMindSolidStateMind Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    lazegamer wrote: »

I don't think you can start on your deathknight until you put in your activation code. And they aren't bringing those servers up until 12pm EST.

Good to know. I shall install without fear, then. But, as I noted, the servers are still down, so it's a moot point anyway.

SolidStateMind on
    <insert witty comment here>
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Buy Wrath thursday morning before work.
    Work.
    Go home and install/hope servers are stable enough to play.
    Farm the shit out of Legion Hold while the Northrend server is most likely gone kaput.
    Hope I have time to play friday after getting the Car to the shop to fix an emission leak, take car for an emissions test, then stand in line to renew my tabs.
    Enjoy the weekend playing while trying not to think about my bank account.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wonder how many people are going to show up for the midnight release at work with the number of other businesses open for the same thing.

A plus to my plan is the two people the manager and the person working/stocking electronics try everything not to open that cage with the games and other electronics
    But who knows still that two and a half hours is going to be fun and it being a Wednesday with nothing to do even more so

Brainleech on
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So a lot of the forums are read-only now. Smart blizz. Smart.

rfalias on
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The thought has crossed my mind that instead of getting wrath, just quitting WoW. It seems like an opportune time.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »
    The thought has crossed my mind that instead of getting wrath, just quitting WoW. It seems like an opportune time.
    Wow, really? It seems like after slogging through months of zero new content, the release of the xpac would be the worst time to quit.

Not that I'm trying to dissuade you, it's your call certainly, just making the statement. I wavered between quitting and staying for a while these past few months because the dailies even started boring me (and that's no small feat), but it'll be nice to finally have something new to see and do. Fire up the treadmill again, boys!

Halfmex on
  • Options
    burnbombburnbomb Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Now that I think about it, maybe i'll just say fuck the CE and get the normal edition. I never use pets anyways, so it would really be kind of pointless.

Also I'm still super bitter at Blizzard/Gamestop, for stopping all pre-orders of the CE 2 days after they announced it. It's like, fuck you assholes. 2 days is utter bullshit.

SO MANY PREORDERS LOL :3 Gamestop, despite their business model, hates money.

Honestly, the only reason why I'm pissed off at Gamestop/EB about this is because up here in Vancouver, the shitheads went and sold however many they wanted to each customer. Because they had no limit, I had no friggin chance (I mean, 5 dollars would have secured a preorder). HOWEVER, keep in mind that they do not hold preorders for longer than 48 hours, CE or not, so if you were to go there a couple days after, you could ask if they had any CE's nobody picked up.

burnbomb on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Wombat02 wrote: »
    Wow, really? It seems like after slogging through months of zero new content, the release of the xpac would be the worst time to quit.

Not that I'm trying to dissuade you, it's your call certainly, just making the statement. I wavered between quitting and staying for a while these past few months because the dailies even started boring me (and that's no small feat), but it'll be nice to finally have something new to see and do. Fire up the treadmill again, boys!

Actually, I've been thinking the same thing.

I won. I did all the raid content, saw more than my share of things in the game, and am already stepping down to a more casual role in the guild.

Not buying the expansion and cancelling my account isn't really that far from my thoughts. I'll probably buy it, I'll probably keep paying for my subscription, but I've gotten a taste of freedom over these past few weeks, and like an alcoholic who has finally hit bottom, I'm on the verge of casting off my self imposed oppressor once and for all.

... just as a giant Smirnoff tractor trailer parks itself down the street from me.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    mcphorks5mcphorks5 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Yea so 7 11 broke street date. Installed and account upgraded since last night now if we could just get the servers up.

mcphorks5 on
    mcphorks7.png
  • Options
    BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What is this account upgrading business?

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Beren wrote: »
    What is this account upgrading business?

You attach the WLK CD-Key to your account which upgrades it to a WLK or WLK Collector's Edition account.

Forar on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    i don't understand why they haven't let us download the wrath client since last week

i mean they have a torrent system in place and you can't play without an activation code

grr

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    i don't understand why they haven't let us download the wrath client since last week

i mean they have a torrent system in place and you can't play without an activation code

grr

If you install with a DVD you take up your computing power and not theirs. Plus they were kinda busy breaking everything.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mine will be pretty easy:

1) go to work tomorrow as normal.
    2) pick up my pre-ordered CE at lunch from ebgames
    3) suffer through long afternoon
    4) go home and install game
    5) eat dinner during installation
    6) Take friday off and play 3 days straight on perfectly stable and lag free servers, after which I'm having a sexy party with Mila Kunis

Dissociater on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    4R, you and I both know you ain't goin' nowhere.

Just log in

thaaaat's it

select your character

press the Enter key

Welcome to World of Warcraft!

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    4R, you and I both know you ain't goin' nowhere.

Just log in

thaaaat's it

select your character

press the Enter key

Welcome to World of Warcraft!

No! I've been clean for about a week, and I've been getting more sleep and enjoying other games and I'm totally gonna kick this one!

*48 hours later*

Oh god look at that sky! And my deathknight is almost 60 and I was sad I had to delete my blood elf rogue but wow, this quest stuff is nice and achievements and oh god I'm OD'ing on new content....

Forar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    th350729-MrBurns.gif
    Excellent.

Man, if I were a younger dude, say in high school or something, I'd totally go to that midnight opening.

But then, if I were in high school, I'd probably fail most of my classes because of this game.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    is anyone going to the Wrath midnight signing event with Blizzard staff in New York City? I have a black pre-op male-to-female transsexual friend going to that and I would like to punk her but I live in Seattle at the moment

if any of you are available to punk her I would enjoy this

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Do y'all know which stores besides Best Buy are doing midnight openings ?

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I know my GameStop is doing some sort of 'party' from 10pm-12am or some shit here.

Moderately annoying. I just want to go there, wait in line, and get my pre-order. I don't want to get sucked into the PvP tournament they're having in the parking lot, or whatever the fuck it is they're doing.

Dac on
  • Options
    GranakGranak Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dac wrote: »
    I know my GameStop is doing some sort of 'party' from 10pm-12am or some shit here.

Moderately annoying. I just want to go there, wait in line, and get my pre-order. I don't want to get sucked into the PvP tournament they're having in the parking lot, or whatever the fuck it is they're doing.

But what if this PvP tournament were actually a WoW-related LARP PVP TOURNAMENT?

That's right. Bring your orange beanbags and wizard's robe. It's going to get RREEEAAAALLL dangerous!

Granak on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It could actually be that. I'm confused as to how they'd have a PvP tourny if we're all on different servers or whatever.

Maybe they have a dedicated lan server running or some shit. I have no idea. Maybe it's the TCG.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It could actually be that. I'm confused as to how they'd have a PvP tourny if we're all on different servers or whatever.

Maybe they have a dedicated lan server running or some shit. I have no idea. Maybe it's the TCG.

LARP or go home, I say.

Yeah. I'll be rolling up to GS about 30 minutes before, probably. I have no need to interact with people that remind me of how sad my life has become.

Granak on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Granak wrote: »

But what if this PvP tournament were actually a WoW-related LARP PVP TOURNAMENT?

That's right. Bring your orange beanbags and wizard's robe. It's going to get RREEEAAAALLL dangerous!

Do people stop fighting to QQ in LARP PVP?

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Bigity wrote: »

All complaints will be transcribed accordingly on your local LARP forums. Look 'em up at http://www.douchebaggery.com/LARPinainteasy.aspx

Granak on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's raining pretty hard in my town and I fully expect it to continue through the night. I don't anticipate the midnight launch line at the local store will be more than a bunch of angry, cold people desperately trying to hide under an awning until the employees open up so they can get the hell out.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

YOUR MUSCLES ARE OVERPOWERED.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

LIGHTNING BOLT, LIGHTNING BOLT, LIGHTNING BOLT, LIGHTNING BOLT

(sleeeep)

DEATH!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw
    (I forget how to link youtube videos)

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

YOUR MUSCLES ARE OVERPOWERED.

LOOK HERE, ULDAR, WIZARD OF THE RISING DARK!

I am sick and TIRED of you always acting as though your spells are so much more powerful than everyone else. Your HP isn't even diminished according to the damage you've taken! FRANKLY, ULDAR, YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE LOCAL LARP CHAPTER 191!

lolfireballz

Granak on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Also, please go, and bring a camera in case one of these breaks out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8VMNymEPA

Dissociater on
This discussion has been closed.