As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MotW 11/5/2008 - Fraction, always Fraction

1235»

• ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    manji wrote: »
    also, ghost rider
    eastern ghost rider and his thousand buddha stare! surely room for an IIF crossover there...

EDIT: scans. because that sounds awesome.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    After reading Marvel Zombies issues 2, I love Aaron Stack even more.

I didn't know that was possible.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Stack was also going through his psychology in MCP.

Scooter on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hah, I caught an issue of that where he admits to the drinking. It seemed fun.

Wildcat on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    (he took out one whole person, for crying out loud)

multiply this panel by panel, page after page, book after book (he inked like three books a month at Marvel and DC) over the course of decades. Also, his inks are just aesthetically terrible. Joe Sinnott's inks left Vinnie Colleta's raped and murdered in a ditch.

Nobody could fire Colletta because he was mobbed up. Supposedly guidos would pay the Marvel offices a visit to remind them of this from time to time.

EDIT: also, bear in mind that these dudes were often inking directly over the original boards. Those things that got erased? A lot of them are lost forever.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Nobody could fire Colletta because he was mobbed up. Supposedly guidos would pay the Marvel offices a visit to remind them of this from time to time.

EDIT: also, bear in mind that these dudes were often inking directly over the original boards. Those things that got erased? A lot of them are lost forever.

This just went from a moment of the week thread to a rage thread.

BRB putting on red ring, vomiting space blood out of my mouth.

desc on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    desc wrote: »

This just went from a moment of the week thread to a rage thread.

BRB putting on red ring, vomiting space blood out of my mouth.

desc... You have great Rage in your heart.

I have a sig/avatar combo for you.

Crimsondude on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Why would someone all mobbed up be working in fucking comics? Did some crime boss somewhere have a retarded nephew-in-law?

Nnnnyeaah, the kid says he wants to work in comics, see, so he works in comics, see.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's hilarious to read this conversation given the current arc in Criminal is about a cartoonist whose father-in-law is the city's crime lord, so his strip will never be canceled.

Crimsondude on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Why would someone all mobbed up be working in fucking comics? Did some crime boss somewhere have a retarded nephew-in-law?

Nnnnyeaah, the kid says he wants to work in comics, see, so he works in comics, see.

People often don't realize the sheer number of people who had organized crime ties in New York during that era (or in Chicago or a few other cities). It didn't mean you were a made man, but often that you had an uncle or a cousin who was. All it took was a non-violent but menacing visit from someone's family member in waste management for a boss to turn a blind eye to someone's poor work.

mattharvest on
  • dan mcfandan mcfan Registered User new member
    edited November 2008

To both you and Douglas Danger, congratulations for being the only two people with brains on this thread.

Colletta erased things? Grow up, all inkers have done it. Colletta only got work because he was in the mob? Real original, only been repeated by about a hundred idiots before you.

My blog shows lots of great Colletta work on his own, inking Kirby, inking others, comparisons to inferior inkers with big mouths like P. Craig Russell....

Go there.

Dan
    http://ismarkevaniermentallyill.blogspot.com/

dan mcfan on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow, someone's got a bit of a crush on this Colletta guy, don't they?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    Wow, someone's got a bit of a crush on this Colletta guy, don't they?
    Who, though, Virral?
    If only there was some way I could tell who it was.
    Some sort of signing of their post or something.

The Muffin Man on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's a mystery that may never be solved!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    This thread has taken a turn for the awesome! Apparently this dude has a mad-on for Mark Evanier. In a way it's sort of comforting to know that in the comics biz there's no level of obscurity at which you can be safe from creepy stalkers. It's that personal touch so lacking in other fields.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2008
    and I think with that, we can close this thread because it's three weeks old and because it got bumped for an incredibly dumb reason

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.